Sign in to follow this  
beachball

Gibbs

Is it true Roeder wants Gibbs back? I watched him midweek and he is really not very good,when will this stupidity stop and his obsession with Arsenal stop.Play our youngsters before you kill the Academy for ever

I sincerely hope not cause hes one of the worst players I''ve ever seen in a Norwich shirt and I don''t care that hes from Arsenal and is young!

By all accounts Gibbs struggled big time against Burnley in mideweek, so Roedernowhere would be more inept than I already think he is if he got that no mark again!

Roedernowheres obsession with over rated Premiership reserve players who will probably never make the grade at that level is one of the reasons hes failing at Norwich!

[quote user="beachball"]Is it true Roeder wants Gibbs back? I watched him midweek and he is really not very good,when will this stupidity stop and his obsession with Arsenal stop.Play our youngsters before you kill the Academy for ever[/quote]

Good point give the Norwich academy a shot first, they produce good young players without having to run to Arsenal

I think Gibbs looks a decent enough player to be fair to him.

I expect he found it quite difficult to adapt to his new surroundings/being away from home, getting to know a new team and getting to know a different style of football.

I''ve seen worse players (including our own academy products) in our team over recent times than him.

[quote user="GJP"]

I expect he found it quite difficult to adapt to his new surroundings/being away from home, getting to know a new team and getting to know a different style of football.

I''ve seen worse players (including our own academy products) in our team over recent times than him.

[/quote]

Really?!!!

Gibbs done buggerall for us.

Only got the benefit of the doubt from some fans like yourself cause he come from Arsenal!

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

that might be true, but at the same time he is hardly what we need at the moment, I think we would be setter served by a bigger, stronger, reliable defender who has done it all, cos youth in our defence is not working IMO

[quote user="Irish canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

that might be true, but at the same time he is hardly what we need at the moment, I think we would be setter served by a bigger, stronger, reliable defender who has done it all, cos youth in our defence is not working IMO

[/quote]

I agree really. I think another part of the problem for him is that nobody really seems to know his best position. I think he''d be a handy player to have in the squad but not somebody we should rely on as a first team regular.

Unfortunately, any kind of defence of Gibbs is usually met with some idiotic response about how it''s only cause he''s from Arsenal. At least you haven''t gone down that road.

[quote user="Irish canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree really. I think another part of the problem for him is that nobody really seems to know his best position. I think he''d be a handy player to have in the squad but not somebody we should rely on as a first team regular.

Unfortunately, any kind of defence of Gibbs is usually met with some idiotic response about how it''s only cause he''s from Arsenal. At least you haven''t gone down that road.

Ignore the double post, the forum f*cked up. So I just kept clicking until it worked again.

[quote user="beachball"]before you kill the Academy for ever[/quote]

Dont think the ''for ever'' bit was fitting for your statement. Totally agree with you though!

[quote user="GJP"]Ignore the double post, the forum f*cked up. So I just kept clicking until it worked again.[/quote]

Just like Roedernowhere has done continually since January of this year!

If you were thought Gibbs done OK for us last season then all I''ll say is that your easily pleased and therefore won''t mind Roeder taking us to either at best the brink of relegation or worst case scanario (and looking very possible unfortunately) relegation!

I bet you wouldn''t have such a high opinion of Gibbs if he came from a Championship or lower Division club?

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="GJP"]Ignore the double post, the forum f*cked up. So I just kept clicking until it worked again.[/quote]

If you were thought Gibbs done OK for us last season then all I''ll say is that your easily pleased and therefore won''t mind Roeder taking us to either at best the brink of relegation or worst case scanario (and looking very possible unfortunately) relegation!

I bet you wouldn''t have such a high opinion of Gibbs if he came from a Championship or lower Division club?

[/quote]

I really couldn''t give a sh*t where he comes from. I just form an opinion on what I see.

I''ll try saying it again though. I thought Gibbs looked a decent player and probably a player who would be handy to have in the squad. I do not think he is a player we should be looking to have as a first team regular.

Also, I would think it was probably quite a big ask for him to come into a new team, a new style of football and play like like a seasoned pro. Which, for some bizarre reason, it would seem some people expected and some people have judged him as.

So to summarise, decent young player who looked a bit out of depth and probably never got to grips with things in the time he was here.

Now...am I getting through to you at all? Or are you going to continue posting complete rubbish about my opinion only being formed based on him coming from Arsenal? Because I really couldn''t care less where he or any other player comes from, I only care about what they can do with the ball at their feet.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

I really couldn''t give a sh*t where he comes from. I just form an opinion on what I see.

I''ll try saying it again though. I thought Gibbs looked a decent player and probably a player who would be handy to have in the squad. I do not think he is a player we should be looking to have as a first team regular.

Also, I would think it was probably quite a big ask for him to come into a new team, a new style of football and play like like a seasoned pro. Which, for some bizarre reason, it would seem some people expected and some people have judged him as.

So to summarise, decent young player who looked a bit out of depth and probably never got to grips with things in the time he was here.

Now...am I getting through to you at all? Or are you going to continue posting complete rubbish about my opinion only being formed based on him coming from Arsenal? Because I really couldn''t care less where he or any other player comes from, I only care about what they can do with the ball at their feet.

[/quote]

I was generalising about the ''Gibbs comes from Arsenal'' point and assuming!

Glad that didn''t cloud your judgement!

You said it yourself in your last post - Out of his depth, never got to grips things while he was here!

As your points do very much suggest - Gibbs was indeed cr*p for us last season, so on that point why on Earth would we want him back again, particularly as I was told he was rubbish against Burnley in midweek for Arsenal?

I think it was a case of ''You only play as well as who you are playing with''.

And didnt we play Gibbs mainly in midfield, whereas now he plays LB for Arsenal.

Id like to see him here.