Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Out Roeder, In Keane?

Pure my imagination, but I''d like Rodent to make the same conclusions as Keane at Sunderland!

Piss off Rodent!

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Thinking the same, get Keane in now![/quote]

What a crap idea. Keane is insane, he doesn''t have the temprament for top level management and he''d bankrupt this club in days with his spending policy. And he''s a tosser.

The same Roy Keane who took over Sunderland when they were right at the bottom of the Championship, and has turned them into a Premiership side!?!?! - Yeah - such a crazy idea!

Let''s stick with Glenn, and his terrific man management temperament.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

The same Roy Keane who took over Sunderland when they were right at the bottom of the Championship, and has turned them into a Premiership side!?!?! - Yeah - such a crazy idea!

[/quote]yeah, he only needed 20million to do it.he is a majorly overrated manager, not worth it.

Keane has done well, but he has done it with a hell of a lot of money. I see no eveidence to suggest he could do a similar job on a shoestring budget.

[/quote]Yeh but look how much he spent to get them promoted, plus how much has he spent this season to get Sunderland into the bottom three?

Roy Keane is quite possibly the most over rated manager in football history.Walks into a job, is given 20 million pounds to spend in the championship and wins it ( as he should) and then proceeds to spend spend spend on crappy Tottenham rejects and other failed premiership players and then spends 9 million pounds on an unproven goalkeeper.So lets bring him to Norwich where we haven''t got 2 pennys to rub together and see what Roy Keane can do that GR can''t.

Roy Keane was overrated as a player, same as a manager - and has an ego the size of a hot air balloon.  Short of changing the name on the office door would we notice a difference at Carrow Road?

No thanks I rate Keane up there with the likes of Brian Robson!"Keane spent nearly £70m on 33 permanent signings following his arrival

in August 2006, including big-money deals for striker Kenwyne Jones,

midfielder Kieran Richardson, defender Anton Ferdinand and a club

record £9m on keeper Craig Gordon."- from the BBC siteI''m sorry but if I gave a manager ''nearly'' £70m to spend in TWO AND BIT YEARS I''d be expecting a top 6 finish.

[/quote]

Yeah with nearly £10m just on getting promoted alone. Even Bryan Hamilton could get us promoted with that kind of money.

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

[/quote]
yeah, he only needed 20million to do it.
he is a majorly overrated manager, not worth it.
[/quote]

I agree with what your saying and do think he''s over rated....but it''d be interested to see how he''d get on without having all them millions to spend, Not very well i feel!!

If Keano came to Norwich, I would actually start supporting Ipswich, the bloke is the biggest to$$er and cry baby on the planet, he has spent £80 million to put Sunderland in the bottom 3, he can''t take any abuse aimed at him, it would be a sad sad day if he ever came to this club.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Roy Keane was overrated as a player,  [/quote]

How?

For what his job was in the team he was absolutely top drawer.

Sod getting him in as manager, get him in as a midfielder. Even now he''d get in our team. All that dog-walking must have kept him fit.

Overrated as a player? Good one.

It would be a great day if Roeder went to Sunderland. He''s good at getting teams out of trouble unfortunately he''s also good at putting them straight back in it again.

Keane done well getting Sunderland up, but people forget the money he has spent, on par with top 6 teams. He is on a lot of money and he is a cocke, So no, I would not want him.

Not that it would happen but if it ever did it would be last time I would go to Carrow Road until he left Thug as a Player thug as a manager. I dont care where he goes or what he does I just dont want him here

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Keane has done well, but he has done it with a hell of a lot of money. I see no eveidence to suggest he could do a similar job on a shoestring budget.[/quote]Agreed.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Roy Keane was overrated as a player,  [/quote]

How?

For what his job was in the team he was absolutely top drawer.

[/quote]

I am not saying he was a bad player by any means GJP, simply an overrated one.  For my money he was made to look good by the quality of those around him in that Utd midfield - with that sort of quality beside you its not that difficult to go about kicking lumps out of people and a lot of others could have been equally effective in that role.  If he had been playing for a midtable Prem side I simply dont think he would have been lauded as such a great player thats all.  Plus, my whole view of him is tarnished by the fact he is a total prat.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Thug as a Player thug as a manager.

[/quote]

Didn''t the player you''re named after famously get sent off for knocking an opposing strikers lights out [:^)] What a thug [;)]

Overated, wastes money. Look at Craig Gordon-10m! Who in there right mind would pay a scottish club 10m for a keeper? Nearly tops Gomes signing for spurs for 8m-the 2 worst keepers in the premiership!