Sign in to follow this  
listen (formerly MG7)

I never thought I'd post something like this...

... mainly because I don''t know anybody with connections!

But whilst at training for my team tonight, I was talking to a lad who is mates with Darren Kenton, Darrel Russell (and, since he joined us, Clint Easton). This guy went on holiday with the other three, who used to all hang about together when at Norwich.

Now he tells me that he''s spoken to Kenton recently, and that Kenton would be interested in a move back ''home''.

Apparently Paul Sturrock has told Kenton that he considers him a squad player, and nothing more, and now Kenton is up for leaving Southampton. My friend swears that this is true, and even showed me ''Kents'' on his mobile to prove that he knows him! Now of course he could have a friend called Kents, but it was only when I said I supported Norwich (I live in London, so not everybody knows that I do) that he said, ''Oh, I know a few lads who used to play there.'' I asked him if he meant youth-teamers (as he was a youth teamer at Watford before getting released), and he said, ''No, first teamers - Darren Kenton, Darrell Russell and Clint Easton''.

Then he says that Kenton would definitely come back here, but there has been no bid from City, nor any interest at this stage, as far as he is aware.

I know this is one of those posts that everyone hates, but I thought I''d let you know anyway.

I know I''d take him back.

OTBC

Keep the faith ;)

i agree we are getting too many rumour kings!

I dunno if i want him back, hes nothing better than what we got

although with malky.........

(sorry Malky)

Great rumour MG7 and I believe it. He obviously hasn''t had the best of times down there. However, I also reckon that if ANY Premiership club or top 1st Div club came in for Kents he''d probably leave the south coast. I doubt his desire to leave is directed only at us. Hopefully we''d have an advantage though!

Keep the faith

Gte a bid in, if we get him on the cheap I reckon he''d be a valuab;le assest. Maybe kents is going to hang on until sturrock is sacked before deciding his future. When Sturrock is sacked and Worthy takes over at Saints kents might be....oh dear... oh no....etc etc

Sounds good.

Surely though, Kents is in the Rivers mould - skilled but doesn''t sweat blood for the cause. And so its unlikely Worthy would give him a second look... isn''t it?

woah, back up there - please don''t compare Kenton''s commitment to Rivers!! Fans are so forgetful!
How many MOTM performances did he turn in in his last season? How many were back to back?
Obviously people are not quite so enthusiastic because the kid walked away from us but he''s older now and surely realises he should have stayed put.
I''d take him back. He''s still young, and a central pair of Shackell and Kents could definitely be the business in the future!

He goes to Saints for free, does sweet fa for them and then we buy him back! He was agood player when he was here and I wouldnt of minded if he would of got some cash for him but leaving on a bosman after NCFC spent a lot of time developing him was low.

Its not as if he has proved himself at this level anyway.

We''ve been down this road before this summer - yes he''s a good player, no I don''t think Worthy would have him back, no i don''t think we should sign him again - been there done that.

Let''s move on please. Thank you.

He''s also the only player I''ve seen substituted (quite rightly) twice before half time (not through injury) once was at QPR away (can''t remember the other maybe someone could enlighten me), in his defence he was playing left back at the time...honestly wouldn''t he either simply be RB cover or another shorta**e to add to our CB lineup, pace yes height no.

Never proved himself in the prem,can''t think of any reason why we would want him back,especially as there would be a fee involved.

It was Stockport at home in the 1998-99 season. Kenton was playing left back and was responsible for both goals conceded. He was substituted at about 40mins. I remember this as it was one of the few matches I saw that season as I was away at uni. It was a 2-0 defeat and still one of the worst city matches I have seen.

Sorry Amarillo but i totally disagree with your comments about Kenton, and to liken him to Rivers is laughable. Kenton was one of our most skillful players and perfomed much better than most of his team mates, whilst playing for a club with an uncertain future. I would be happy to see him back

DID ANYONE SEE HIM PLAY AGAINST CHELSEA MOTM AGAINST THE LIKES OF HASSELBAINK AND GUDJOHNSSEN GET HIM BACK RIGHT AWAY