Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

LETTER TO CHAIRMAN SENT 03/12/2008 BY CONCERNED SUPPORTER

Well done for writing such a thorough letter and all, but ncfcstar only pointed out a spelling mistake. No need for that was there porky? I would actually go as far as saying that a warning would be suitable Pete?

To be fair, if I ever get a letter with my spelled wrong it goes in the bin.  IMO the majority would.  ''just a little mistake'' doesn''t wash with everyone.

Actually, I''d like to withdraw the coment about the warning. I''ve seen the reply from Porky''s point of view and can actually understand why he was so passionate in his reply. That must''ve took about an hour to write. Just keep the language out of it (in fairness you censored it out) and keep this forum a nice place to visit when we need to let everything out about our club. Shall we all forget about it now and put the handbags away lads?

Some very good points made in the letter with more than a few areas that have concerned me lately.

Not sure on your Maths in : Peter GRANTS reign at Carrow Road saw him take charge of somewhere near 56 games (including cup). His teams won 15, drew 11 and lost 30 games.  Glen ROEDER has been in charge for 55 games (including cup) and his teams have won 15 games, drawn 9 and lost 26 games.  - what happened in the other 5 games if we didn''t win, lose or draw?!

Completely agree though that Roeder seems to have a superb ability to undermine players and inspire loss of confidence. Saw Hoolahan a few times at Blackpool and, although he could float in and out of the game, he was usually the best player on the pitch and by far the most creative - he is a mere shadow of that now. Cureton is a decent Championship striker who thrives on confidence - sadly he has none.

However what worries me most is where we will be next September - and I don''t mean which division. The loan players are here because we have no money but their presence, in many cases, seems to completely undermine our own players - if I was Drury, Ostemobor, Cureton etc I would not want to be at Norwich next season as it seems clear Roeder does not rate them. In september we will have Marshall, The Doc, Clingan, Bell, Russell, maybe Croft - can''t think of many more who would want to stay or aren''t out of contract.

I think I''d rather be useless and playing with our own players, youngsters et al and the odd loan than the current situation of useless with a team stuffed full of players who do not belong to us. 

the post porky wrote was excellent! it didn''t need ncfcstar to pick up a tiny spelling mistake and say it should be put in the bin, i''m sure what porky came back with was in the heat of the moment, lot of time went into that post. Sadly on here when people don''t agree with posts all they can come up with is spelling mistakes, this last sentence was not aimed directly at you ncfcstar as i know you wanted a debate,

I think the fact that porky jumped on it and had a go like he did has simply taken away from the matter, as others have said it''s not simply a spelling mistake, it''s the first thing he will read, even before he has opened the letter (as I assume he would have addressed it in the same manner). If you got a letter addressed to Steve N would you take it seriously?

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]if he throws a letter into the bin because his name was spelt incorrectly he''s not going to think much of my letter that started ''Dear Mr. C***face,'' oh well he may not have been able to read it anyway once he''d scraped my ''business'' off it.[/quote]lol top banter! munby is crazy anyway, he probably wouldn''t even notice a spelling mistake in his name,

thanks for all the replies.............as for the spelling mistake.....please be assured that the majority of whats on the board was cut and pasted from the original....for security reasons of course.....and it was doner in rather a hurry......... other bits were typed in prior to posting on here...pitty the M and N are so close together........apologies to NCFC STAR for the comment........it was a bit out of order......my point was I requested no cynical or tyrannical replies.......it was a post written from the heart.....I love supporting our club and I want to see us do well........but the years tick by and it just bothers me that I never will see success again........Regards to you all, and Merry Xmas and improved results all round.....hopefully

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="ncfcstar"]You honestly think with the budget he has clearly had to adhere to that you could get the same quality players in as the ones we''ve had on loan? If we sign Lita in January, then Clingan, Bell, Hoolahan, Stef (before he was injured) are all great signings. I don''t think Andy Bishop would be better, no one has took the gamble with him have they, Roeder doesn''t deserve the stick he has gotten for his team selections. A-H was a mistake, but come on, don''t you think he has done the best he can in a bad situation? I honestly don''t think you could get consistently better players for the money that he has spent.[/quote]We are paying $8.5M on players wages which is well above the £5M we can afford.[/quote]

Ah but if we were spending $8.5M dollars on wages that would be £5.78M sterling, which wouldn''t be quite so bad!!!Wink [;)]

Sorry Tribes....

Taxi for me.......!

[quote user="steve o"]Andy Bishop would be better than Sibierski[/quote]

On the evidence to date bloody Emily Bishop would make a more telling contribution (and I have to admit I was pleased as punch when we got him).

As for the feelings in the original post/letter - summed things up very well for the majority of the moderate but disillusioned City fans in my opinion.

Very good letter but you have been a bit to kind to the board for their part in all of this imo. Roeder is only a small part of the problem as has been said on here many times. Until we get a board with drive, vision and most impotantly money we''ll never get anywhere whoever the manager is.

[quote user="Chrisr"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="ncfcstar"]You honestly think with the budget he has clearly had to adhere to that you could get the same quality players in as the ones we''ve had on loan? If we sign Lita in January, then Clingan, Bell, Hoolahan, Stef (before he was injured) are all great signings. I don''t think Andy Bishop would be better, no one has took the gamble with him have they, Roeder doesn''t deserve the stick he has gotten for his team selections. A-H was a mistake, but come on, don''t you think he has done the best he can in a bad situation? I honestly don''t think you could get consistently better players for the money that he has spent.[/quote]We are paying $8.5M on players wages which is well above the £5M we can afford.[/quote]

Ah but if we were spending $8.5M dollars on wages that would be £5.78M sterling, which wouldn''t be quite so bad!!!Wink [;)]

Sorry Tribes....

Taxi for me.......!

[/quote]That''s OK. For any $ signs read £ sign. Need edit feature.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

On the evidence to date bloody Emily Bishop would make a more telling contribution (and I have to admit I was pleased as punch when we got him).

As for the feelings in the original post/letter - summed things up very well for the majority of the moderate but disillusioned City fans in my opinion.

[/quote]

''well I don''t really know'' about that

Dr Rick Dagless, M.D. said

Its not "just" a spelling mistake; porkyp spent a considerable amount of time composing a very sincere (and fair) plea to out club, yet couldn''t even spend a second to get his recipient''s name correct. Everything following that unforgivable error, regardless of how accurate or emotive it might be, goes straight to the filing cabinet marked "irrational cretin".

Shame.

Oh get over yourself dick

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[/quote]

PMSL @ Emily Bishop [:)]

Tribes, actually $8.5M is not too far over what we can afford in  todays exchange rate as it is just over £6M.[:D] Yes I know type error for the $ sign.

Great letter which was very very true!

If theres any Norwich fan that still think Roeder(nowhere) is doing alright and limited by the clubs financial position is seriously deluded!

Roeders errors -

January - Taking on James Henry and Keiron Gibbs, two totally out of their depth players!

Then playing these beforementioned players and Pearce (who wasn''t bad but wasn''t good enough to get in front of Doc andShackell) and either repositioning or dropping good enough players that had been part of the long unbeaten run.

Releasing Huckerby who was still our most potent attacking threat despite an injury hit season for him. Their is no logical rerason for doing this other than the fact Roeder didn''t like his popularity. Roeders only reply at the recent AGM when asked why he released Hucks was - "it was my decision so live with it!"

Resigning left winger (the same position as Huckerby!) Eagle whos never played at all last season nor this time around and is never going to be good enough to make it!

Signing out of his depth Portsmouth loanee Koroma who had never played here before and I''d doubt whether Roeder had even seen him play?

Playing Bertrand and Ommorzussi ahead of Drury and Otsemobor when its obvious they aren''t good enough!

Consigning Simon Lappin to train with the kids and not even considering him for selection despite the teams continued bad form. I''d agree Lappins not a world beater but he has produced the goods for us in the past and is better than quite a few who have had chances!

Roeder appears to have favourites like Pattison despite poor consistency and Fotheringham.

Passing the buck at every chance. EG like the clubs poor financial state when we are still in a better position than alot of clubs who get half our crowds yet are outperforming us!- Aren''t most clubs in the mire financially?

- Telling us about the players limitations - Yes Tw*t we are aware of our players limitations but its your team team, you signed most of them!

I could take the arrogance and complete disregard for fans if Roeder was getting the results but he isn''t!

Been in charge over a year and its not working, time for a change!

Bottom line is our once great club will only move forward again if this totally inept so called football manager is removed from his position!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Oh forgot another loanee disaster - Henville who never played for us, has gone back and yet we''re still paying for him!

Roeder you are the weakest link - please F**k off!

[/quote]

I like your style lol

[quote user="porkyp"]

Having had enough of the current situation, I wrote to the Chairman of NCFC..........I do not expect a reply, although in the past he has returned communication......but it made me feel better......to all you pundits on here with your cynical and tyrannical views, don’t bother to comment.....I simply share how I feel with supporters of what was, once, a great club.....[/quote]

Porky,

Fair play to you for expressing your views to the board, and this board.  However as it is posted on a message board you can hardly expect no comments on your views.  Personally I think you are a million miles off on your assessment of Roeder and there are enough mistakes (and paragraphs) in your letter for it to be ignored.   To me it reads like a bit of a rant and although you are clearly passionate I think your frustration is misdirected.  Roeder has not been given the cash to do what is needed.

If you read an earlier thread I mentioned that Roeder was told that he would be given an unlimited budget by MWJ if he kept us up.  He obviously hasnt had access to that and hardly surprising that he had a clean sweep if he thought money was on its way.

I simply cant understand the people who place all the blame at Roeders door - whilst completely exonerating the stupid twats who employed him.

Peartreeproductions............  I think my opening gambit to the post has been taken in the wrong way.........I fully expected sensible debate and comment from other supporters......that''s what a democracy is about isn''t it?....what I didn''t want was the quite cynical comments that are more often than not posted on the mb.I have to say that yes, it is a bit of a rant and yes, I am very frustrated at what has happened over the last few years, or more the lack of what has not happened.I totally realise that Roeder alone is not to blame for this, but I cannot agree with you in that he has not been given money........its what he has done with the money he has been given.....loan players are no basis for putting together a side that has any hope of being successful.....consistency surely is the framework for any team situation, in football or otherwise. If he was promised money by MWJ, why is he not stating his case now and indicating to the supporters that his hands are tied as the board have broken their promise in an effort to defend himself.....or is he just the YES man that many think he is! It is his squad that we have here at the moment, and it his his squad that have underperformed ALL season, and quite simply, the stats do not lie.........there is collective blame, I agree, and whilst my letter perhaps didn''t actually indicate this, I was trying to express that feeling.As I previously pointed out, the letter was cut and pasted onto the mb, and yes there probably are spelling mistakes and too many paragraphs, and I totally realise that it is very likely to be ignored, but not for that reason,  it will probably be ignored because its the way that thousnds of supporters feel at this moment in time and thye club do not have answers.

Good passionate letter Porky - will be interested if you get a reply. However though I understand and share your disappointment with Roeder to a certain extent, I personally think you and alot of others on this board are venting your anger in the wrong direction - changing manager at this point in time may mean you get someone who is abit better in the media, and makes all the right noises to start with - but will it address the fundamental problems we have at our football club ? The answer for me at the moment is still no.

Yes removing Roeder may well sort some short term issues you have with him as a person and his tactical decisions but it will not address the real problems at our club and help us move forward ? The board have made mistakes time and time again (manager appointments being just one of many). They and ONLY they are responsible for the situation we are in and I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. Delia has finally realised that the way they have run the club and invested the revenues, has led her and the club in to a hole she can''t get out of and wants to jump ship. Just because she has put a "for sale" sign up outside her door does not absolve her, Munby, Doncaster etc from the flack they should be getting.

Without a change in Board (which is obviously a much harder thing than changing a manager), along with the necessary investment this would bring, this club is unfortunately and very sadly not going to move forward.

If you still feel (as I expect you may well do) that changing the manager now is the right thing to do - ask yourself these questions:

1. Can we afford to pay Roeder off ? (aswell as Clark and Stephenson - who would undoubtedly follow.) Please remember when answering this that the club can''t even afford Lita''s wages at the moment - they are being paid by someone outside the club )

2. Who would come as a replacement ? (remember those currently at other clubs will result in a compensation payment - can we afford that ? Those out of employment aka Boothroyd - aren''t out of a job for no reason i.e. they have failed in their previous jobs)

3. Why would they want to come here ? (no money, a club in decline, very little chance of success)

4. Would you rather our obviously very limited (if not empty) funds be spent on removing Roeder and his team, and bringing in competent replacements, or on team strenghtening ?

Although I can understand your, and alot of others, frustration with Roeder I do feel that you are venting your anger in the wrong direction, and would also say that it wouldn''t necessarily move the club forward and up the league. The manager here is the easy target for fans (and the board) but we have been here too many times and for too long - we must aim higher and target those really responsible and who without changing we will never move forward.

Hi JUDGE                   some really good points there, and I totally realise that the demise, especially in the last few years, has to be laid at the Board''s door. I''m sure we all recall Doncaster''s prudence with ambition remarks when we struck gold and entered the premiership. Without doubt, this was the beginning of the decline.... a little more forethought there may not have seen us where we are today.It does make me angry that at that time, Delia, MWJ and the rest jumped on the bandwagon and shouted their prowess and success from the rooftops, but we all know success is consistency, built on strong foundations, and yet when the going gets tough, we hear very little from them, other than that the club is ''For sale''However, the day to day running of the Football side of this club is down to Glen Roeder and his staff. I have to say that when the appointment was made, I was not disappointed. He is a strong character, well thought of by other managers/coaches, who I thought could do well here, (if his track record was  bit shaky)I do have contacts in the North East, and he was well thought of at Newcastle, after all, he saved them from relegation.......but similarly to here at NCFC he could not carry that on.A manager can only be judged on performances, and there is no doubt that here the buck stops with him. we have witnessed ONE good performance this season, against Wolves. The stats do not lie, his record is very nearly the same as Peter GRANT''s, over a very similar timescale, and the board chose to firstly warn this manager that results had to improve, and they didn''t.....the rest is history.......I appreciate that to get rid of Roeder now will more than likely be financial suicide to a club obviously in dire straits, and perhaps that is why Delia and Co are saying nothing.....but financial suicide will be committed if things do not improve......can we afford to be relegated and more than likely lose vast sums through lost season ticket and casual ticket sales.......I mean do you really fancy paying £350+ or more to watch the likes of Carlisle, Walsall, Swindon to name but a few, at home on a very cold, wet and windy December or January Tuesday night..!! I love this club, and have done for fifty years or more, so is it too much to ask for a bit of success, we have underachieved now for so long, and on the playing side, that can only be down to the Manager,  coaches, and tacticians taking the daily training and picking the teams......and that is Glen ROEDER.