Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Who fears the worst for tomorrow...?

I for one can''t see us winning, expecting a draw actually... Recent weeks have just seen such dissapointing displays and I don''t really know if this bunch understands the meaning of this derby.

Don''t think even Rodent does! 

Hopin'' for the best, no doubt! We''re due some luck, but in football you create your own luck don''t you..

For the first time ever I just cannot get excited by derby day - will Sky+ it but am so hacked off with all things NCFC at the moment I am going to take my daughter to the pictures to see Madagascar 2 instead.  I cannot believe I would ever feel more interested in cartoon animals than City v the Scum.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]For the first time ever I just cannot get excited by derby day - will Sky+ it but am so hacked off with all things NCFC at the moment I am going to take my daughter to the pictures to see Madagascar 2 instead.  I cannot believe I would ever feel more interested in cartoon animals than City v the Scum.[/quote]

I can really see your point PbCa! Enjoy the movie!

Not me. Having spent so long following city and often expecting the worst when it comes to games like these, for some reason I really do have a good feeling about Sunday. It may not be the game that turns our season around given our next three fixtures, but I have a feeling we will win. 4-2 city - On the Ball!

Also when you are getting up out of bed at 6am to watch the game online you have to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [;)]

no i dont.. we are going to beat them.... normal service will be resumed next week against Reading but as i said earlier in the week this is Norwich and we always seem to do this... win when at our lowest ebb.....

1-0 tommorow... wait and see.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no i dont.. we are going to beat them.... normal service will be resumed next week against Reading but as i said earlier in the week this is Norwich and we always seem to do this... win when at our lowest ebb.....

1-0 tommorow... wait and see.

[/quote]

Yes, I agree with that. A win would come as no surprise to me but I wonder whether it will just delay the inevitable. There is a bust up coming and maybe it would be best to get it over with ASAP.

Make no mistake, i fully understand the trouble we are in, but my brain simply will not allow me to imagine anything other than a City win on derby day! 2-1 City!

Great post AndyJR. Come on everyone put those doubts and fears aside, at least until the game is over.  Personally, I think it will make it all the more satisfying when we beat them, knowing we did in spite of everything that is happening at our club at the moment.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]We''re going to stuff em'' 4-0.............it is our destiny.[:D][/quote]I too have forseen the destiny of which 1st Wizard speaks.

I fear the worst.  A 2 - 1 win for us, which will give the Board and Roedent yet another stay of execution.

I want us to win more than anything, but I hope that it doesn''t ''paper over the cracks'' so to speak.

[quote user="Roeder Couldnt Run a Bath"]

I fear the worst.  A 2 - 1 win for us, which will give the Board and Roedent yet another stay of execution.

I want us to win more than anything, but I hope that it doesn''t ''paper over the cracks'' so to speak.

[/quote]How can your team winning against their arch-rivals be "the worst"?Shame.The cracks are already there and everyone knows they are there - a win tomorrow won''t change the fact we''re in for another season of grinding out results and crossing our fingers.  Let''s just enjoy it for what it is - the local derby.  After all, if we don''t improve this season, we might not have another one for a while unless we draw them in the cup.

those of you who want city to lose to sort out the board/manager are complete and utter tossers,we''re playing the scum for f*ck sake.Call yourself supporters,i''m disguusted by any city fan wanting to lose against them lot.shame on you.CITY 2 SCUM 1.

I fear the worst  but in the back of my mind  think we will win 3-1 yes yes yes  drury to score the third, For those of you who don''t have day to day contact with  the scum, supporters next week will be hell for me working in deepest suffolk if we don''t win .by the way gave up my ticket for tommorrow because we were meant  to be playing Archant but they cant  get a side  surprise suprise

in the past when City have won, I have been guilty of the following and more -

trimming up Ipswich colleague''s work areas in yellow and green tinsel and balloons

wallpapering their work areas with match report cuttings from the Sunday papers

programming the office electronic noticebard to repeatedly flash the score all day

sending them all Captain Canary Xmas cards

I have had similar pranks played on me, when the result has gone the other way.

So you may understand my concern that we DO NOT lose tomorrow.

C''mon you Yellas!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]We''re going to stuff em'' 4-0.............it is our destiny.[:D][/quote]Your a wizard not a Jedi Knight Wizzy, you vs OB1 would be a hell of a battle.  [:D]

the GF is a binner fan and has bugged me to put £2 on them to win 2-0 at betfair I grudgingly did it but have also stuck £2 on us to win 1-0 and £2 on the Doc to score and £2 on him to score first!

if all my bets come in i can net almost £100... Come on ginger Pele! i''d buy the bloke a pint if he can do it for me!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the GF is a binner fan and has bugged me to put £2 on them to win 2-0 at betfair I grudgingly did it but have also stuck £2 on us to win 1-0 and £2 on the Doc to score and £2 on him to score first!

if all my bets come in i can net almost £100... Come on ginger Pele! i''d buy the bloke a pint if he can do it for me!

[/quote]With Bell''s delivery into the six yard box, "any time" bets on the centre backs are good ones.  Or centre-back, I suppose, as we''ve only got one proper one tomorrow.I''ll back Doc "at any time".

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

I for one can''t see us winning, expecting a draw actually... Recent weeks have just seen such dissapointing displays and I don''t really know if this bunch understands the meaning of this derby.

Don''t think even Rodent does! 

Hopin'' for the best, no doubt! We''re due some luck, but in football you create your own luck don''t you..

[/quote]

then stay at home I think we will win, as in every game I go to,