Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

otsemobor cant defend.......

i know that everybody loves him because hes quick.....

if you look at the way he defends, hes actually poor, and often lets players in on there good sides.

he only runs up past the half way line when we shout at him too, and then everybody loves him......

i just dont understand it :|

How many goals have been conceded from the right back area when Semmy has played this season?not a lot is the answer.Whenever we concede a goal there are far more culpable culprits than Otsemobor, usual suspects are Kennedy, Omozusi and Bertrand.He''s the best attacking full back ive seen in years, and certainly the quickest full back in the country, an asset you cant afford not to have in your team for an overlapping full back. His pace allows him to get far forward because he has the physical ability to get back.Lay off Semmy, if you want do to some defender bashing look more towards Kennedy and Omozusi. Their the weak links in the side.

Quite the exaggeration Barclayman.

A lot of faults to his game - as with all the players at the club, and certainly not sure he is the quickest full back in the country!!

So which part was the exaggeration then Worthy? The pace? Name me a quicker full back in the country.Goals conceded from his area of the pitch? How many? Best attacking full back weve had in years?. Nedergaard being the last, and he was a converted right winger. Who else?

Well I think generally you are exaggerating how good he is as a player. He''s the best we have at the moment, but theres still so much room for improvement. He seems to make so many poor footballing decisions - which is so frustrating as he has lots of potential.

And as for the quickest - off the top of my head- i would say that the likes of Micah Richards, Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy, Armand Traore, etc are all quicker. Saying he is THE quickest, is without doubt an exaggeration.

[quote user="Bring Back Nielson "]

i know that everybody loves him because hes quick.....

if you look at the way he defends, hes actually poor, and often lets players in on there good sides.

he only runs up past the half way line when we shout at him too, and then everybody loves him......

i just dont understand it :

[/quote]Behave.

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]How many goals have been conceded from the right back area when Semmy has played this season?

not a lot is the answer.

Whenever we concede a goal there are far more culpable culprits than Otsemobor, usual suspects are Kennedy, Omozusi and Bertrand.

He''s the best attacking full back ive seen in years, and certainly the quickest full back in the country, an asset you cant afford not to have in your team for an overlapping full back. His pace allows him to get far forward because he has the physical ability to get back.

Lay off Semmy, if you want do to some defender bashing look more towards Kennedy and Omozusi. Their the weak links in the side.
[/quote]

Quite well said to be fair. We all know Semmy has his faults but he''s a player I''m glad we have because we have seen what the guy is capable of. Unfortunately for him it seems when everyone is fit and available he will be 2nd choice to Omosuzi. Which isn''t right but that''s the way it is. I think he knows it as well and I expect it''ll hurt him a bit.

I mean some people will criticise him for positioning but what some people don''t realise is that good full backs who have got pace like he''s got will and should try to leave a few yards if they''re sure they''ve got the speed to recover.

There have definitely been more problems coming down the other flank, particularly when Bertrand has played. 

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]And as for the quickest - off the top of my head- i would say that the likes of Micah Richards, Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy, Armand Traore, etc are all quicker. Saying he is THE quickest, is without doubt an exaggeration.[/quote]

Clichy maybe over a short distance because he''s a bit lighter.

But when he''s in his stride Semmy is the only winner a race with any of them.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Well I think generally you are exaggerating how good he is as a player. He''s the best we have at the moment, but theres still so much room for improvement. He seems to make so many poor footballing decisions - which is so frustrating as he has lots of potential.

And as for the quickest - off the top of my head- i would say that the likes of Micah Richards, Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy, Armand Traore, etc are all quicker. Saying he is THE quickest, is without doubt an exaggeration.[/quote]Ive watched those players, and there''s no way there quicker than Semmy. Perhaps you havent watched Otsemobor that much, he''s often in cruise mode, ive seen him give a left winger 30 yards, a quick left winger, and he''s overtaken him and mopped up. Ive seen him chase down a lost cause down the right wing and get to the ball on the byline when everyone else had given it up as a goal kick.Ask Neil Adams how quick he is, he''s always banging on about his unbelievable pace.You dont always see him in full flow as the game doesnt require it, before he gets up to speed he runs into trouble or has released to Croft. Next time its wide open and there''s a chase on watch him closely. He''s lightning quick.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]How many goals have been conceded from the right back area when Semmy has played this season?not a lot is the answer.Whenever we concede a goal there are far more culpable culprits than Otsemobor, usual suspects are Kennedy, Omozusi and Bertrand.He''s the best attacking full back ive seen in years, and certainly the quickest full back in the country, an asset you cant afford not to have in your team for an overlapping full back. His pace allows him to get far forward because he has the physical ability to get back.Lay off Semmy, if you want do to some defender bashing look more towards Kennedy and Omozusi. Their the weak links in the side.[/quote]

Quite well said to be fair. We all know Semmy has his faults but he''s a player I''m glad we have because we have seen what the guy is capable of. Unfortunately for him it seems when everyone is fit and available he will be 2nd choice to Omosuzi. Which isn''t right but that''s the way it is. I think he knows it as well and I expect it''ll hurt him a bit.

I mean some people will criticise him for positioning but what some people don''t realise is that good full backs who have got pace like he''s got will and should try to leave a few yards if they''re sure they''ve got the speed to recover.

There have definitely been more problems coming down the other flank, particularly when Bertrand has played. 

[/quote]100% correct and something that a lot of people seem to either ignore or it hasnt occured to them. What would people rather have? a Drury at RB that never gets over the half way line, or someone who does and who supports Croft so well.

Semmi is a good defender when he is in the correct position, but that is often not the case. His pace does often cover up his positional nievity, but whether this makes him a good right back is debatable. I''m with those who say he should be moved forward to scare the cr*p out of opposing defenders with his pace and crossing .

For me he doesnt go forward enough, credit where credit is due when he does overlap he is one hell of a threat.

And I must agree with the guys that are saying his positional sense is terrible because it is, he looks lost and not sure where he should be and then is lucky he has his pace to recover (most of the time)

[quote user="Barclayman"]So which part was the exaggeration then Worthy? The pace? Name me a quicker full back in the country.[/quote]Johnson from Portsmouth.  There are others, but he''s the first that springs to mind.Agree that Semi is our best right back though, Omosuzi is just not very good.

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="Barclayman"]So which part was the exaggeration then Worthy? The pace? Name me a quicker full back in the country.[/quote]Johnson from Portsmouth.  There are others, but he''s the first that springs to mind.Agree that Semi is our best right back though, Omosuzi is just not very good.[/quote]Glen Johnson? Youve got to be joking.Theres no way in hell he''s quicker than Semmy.

[quote user="Barclayman "][quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="Barclayman"]So which part was the exaggeration then Worthy? The pace? Name me a quicker full back in the country.[/quote]Johnson from Portsmouth.  There are others, but he''s the first that springs to mind.Agree that Semi is our best right back though, Omosuzi is just not very good.[/quote]Glen Johnson? Youve got to be joking.Theres no way in hell he''s quicker than Semmy.[/quote]Silly question though, isn''t it.  How can I prove you are right or wrong?Semmy is quick, not denying that.  It''s that pace which makes him look a better player than he is, and if he lost a yard of pace then he''d be League One at best.I reiterate he''s still our best full back.

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="Barclayman "][quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="Barclayman"]So which part was the exaggeration then Worthy? The pace? Name me a quicker full back in the country.[/quote]Johnson from Portsmouth.  There are others, but he''s the first that springs to mind.Agree that Semi is our best right back though, Omosuzi is just not very good.[/quote]Glen Johnson? Youve got to be joking.Theres no way in hell he''s quicker than Semmy.[/quote]Silly question though, isn''t it.  How can I prove you are right or wrong?Semmy is quick, not denying that.  It''s that pace which makes him look a better player than he is, and if he lost a yard of pace then he''d be League One at best.I reiterate he''s still our best full back.[/quote]You''ve hit the nail on the head there.