Sign in to follow this  
D for Drinkell

Last season's DVD

Just a quick note for anyone hoping to get last season''s dvd. It was meant to be at the clubshop today, but the date is now wednesday at the earliest.

This is getting as annoying as the Primus situation! I''ve been looking forward to getting the DVD for ages now, and the dates just keep changing (i''ve even heard someone say Mid-August on another m/b!) Where did you hear this then? I can''t access the club shop easily so I don''t really want to keep going to Norwich just to check if it''s in! The club shop website could be better too, no information on whether the products are out now or anything like that. That''s my moaning over with, i must be in a mood today!

I know how you are feeling....as the DVD shows on the clubsite as being in stock you would assume that you can buy it. I rang the mail order line last friday and they told me it was in on Monday so i rang today, credit card in hand, to be told wednesday at the earliest. I get the feeling that as soon as it hits the shops it will sell out and there will be lots of people on the waiting list.

Bad news Drinkell (maybe), my brother went to Norwich today so I asked him to have a look out, and he (apparently) overheard one of the staff members explaining to someone else that it''s not released until 15th August! How reliable this information is, I don''t know, but it means another 3 week wait. And like you said, it''ll probably sell out instantly, which is why I have to know the *exact* date so I can get down to Norwich and get myself a copy. I''m sure it''ll be worth the wait, but that''s the problem, I can''t wait any longer!

The notice in the clubshop at the ground today said 26th as the earliest date for the DVD - that''s today by my reckoning...but they didn''t have any in! Boo!

They always said that the dvd would be released the week commencing 26th July. They didn''t actually say it would be released on the 26th exactly.

I pre-ordered mine through the mail order service and phoned yesterday to check. They said it would hopefully be out by the end of the week.

True they did say that all along, but they could have tried maybe to have been more specific, as many people including myself got the wrong idea about the release date. Hopefully, like you said, we''ll be seeing it this week.

I went into the Mall and FCR today; Mall was pretty unhelpful, but I spoke to the shop manager at the club who said that they were going to be in on Friday afternoon.
Cya there!

Soo Friday''s here, does anybody know if it''s out today, now? How many do you think they''ll get in, as like I said, I''m not gonna go all the way to Norwich to get it if they haven''t got it in yet or if it''s sold out!

Wouldn''t hold my breath Alex. Where they''re concerned, tomorrow never comes. Let''s hope they prove me wrong. Although mine''s on mail order so god knows when I''ll get mine...

Good point Pete, I''ve learnt not to trust the club shop much when it comes to release dates. Hopefully it is in tommorow, and I think i''ll take a trip to norwich anyway. Would be so much easier if they didn''t give a release date at all, if they actually have no idea when they will have it by, then the anticipation wouldn''t be building up - I want to watch it now!

To be fair to them, they did say it would be released the week commencing July 26th so if it comes out tomorrow then they''ve kept to their word (just!)

Typical! Is this in both shops do you know? Not sure I can make it today now though.

Thanks for the updates by the way!

this is ridiculous! someone, somewhere along the line, is taking the mick. I''ve just had the same thing with mobile phones. Shop says they''ll have the model on Thurdsay, i go in, "sorry, Saturday," on Saturday they say "try Wednesday" and on Wednesday they said try today. Do they have it today? Do they b******s!
It''s blatently a tactic to make people so desperate that when it finally does come out, the flood gates will open and a frustrated public will snap them up in their thousands regardless of the price (which is outrageous)!

I went to the club shop today and there were about 20 people waiting for it to turn up.
SO i waited 30 mins, and it never turned up, they said try tomorrow (Sat).

Super Steeno,

There isn''t much advantage of the DVD over the video, apart from the obvious better picture and sound quality I guess. This is one of my main reasons for wanting the DVD, plus the fact that they are easily navigatable and don''t wear out after watching over and over again - something i''m sure people will want to do with this dvd.

As for the DVD not being in today, doesn''t really surprise me after all this! It better be in tommorow, if not there''s probably more chance of the 04/05 dvd coming out before it!!

BIG UPDATE!!!

I put my name down reserving one and WILL HOY just rang me and told me that a small number have arrived.

The shop is open from 9am-2pm.

I am not saying there will be copies but its worth a try isn''t it.

maybe ring up and reserve a copy first thing, I dont know.

Good Luck.

Hi Songwriter

I was there too (unofficial NCFC promotion Tshirt). Got a call 20mins ago as well but the moment I put the phone down I realised I''m at Coventry 2m.
Any1 going to Highfield, cya there!

otbc

I ordered this DVD about two weeks ago and the club took the 33.00 straight out of my account. So it has been sitting in their bank account earning interest for the last two weeks whereas I am still waiting for the DVD to arrive. Just another case of the club stinging supporters for cash and making every little penny it can. Its like tickets you buy over the phone (last season). The cash would come out of your bank straight away and yet the game would be something like four to five weeks away.

i got fed up waiting for the dvd and purchased the video for now, which i must say turned out to be very interesting. It made me realise that some players who i along with others criticized for there lack of form at the end of the season had a very big hand in us doing so well in the first half. how soon we forget

Yes Irish like the awesome form of Mark Rivers at the start!!! I bought the dvd this morning, great watch.

I decided to pre order the DVD and also had to pay at the time however i haven''t received a phone call to tell me it is in stock and was not allowed to collect it today for some strange reason. Wonder if anyone can explain this to me please
>>

Pottsy Mark Rivers was not who i was thinking of, but fair play we all have our own thoughts i do agree what a great watch it was

I bought the DVD on Saturday at about 1.00pm at Carrow Road. There was a smallish box of them behind the counter- none on display and I had to ask for it.

Not watched much of it yet but I have to say the "bonus" feature on the celebrations is cheaply made, amateurish and badly put together in my opinion. I do think £30 is a rip off but I am prepared to pay as all that extra profit from the sales will be a little bit more in the playing budget pot.