Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

who would you want realisticly to take over if Rodent is chopped??

[quote user="Scotty121"]my choice as stated b4 would be billy davies be interesting to see other peoples[/quote]Realistically?  Only one candidate.  Lee ClarkOr Paul Stephenson if Clark goes to Huddersfield.That''s the best we can hope for.

Lee Clark and Co till the end of the season, we just haven''t got the money to do anything else.....That''s if ''Roeder the Eroder'' actually goes...I don''t think he''ll walk voluntarily - and certainly not without a financial handshake.....

But the board must take a large percentage of the blame also, and if they and the present CE remain - it''s not going to change anything at Carra....Not one iota.

I can''t see anyone but Cullum coming to bail us out.....and I don''t even understand why Orville''s operator Keith Harris has been ''recently'' appointed to seek out another buyer.....another wasted expense? It seems to me, the Board and Delia brand - just don''t want Cullum to have any influence or input regarding NCFC.....and every week that passes - we descend deeper into the financial mire.

But, we''ll beat the Binners tomorrow and have some short-term relief and cheer.....Then, it''s back to the reality and ruin.....

Roberto Martinez.... knows how to grind results out with an unfancied side and took Swanse up last season...

i wouldnt touch boothroyd with a barge pole! am i the only 1 who thinks the guy is a disaster? he took someone elses team up then when he was allowed transfer funds took them straight back down and seemed incapable of stopping the rot this season, he also signed countless Duffers and very little quality.!!! reminds somewhat of Worthington in some respects...

jas :)

After the situation with Grant (being inexperienced) im amazed at some of the responses on here. Malky, Bowen, Iwan...............??? All have no experience of 1st line management and have been right hand men, same as Grant was. Only Big Sam and Billy Davis are names of Managers with a bit of experience. Davis would be a waste of time cos he cant do anything without money and walked in the PL because of a row about cash with the board. Big Sam knows a shrewd move...............but lets face it he''s never coming here. It frustrates me so much that because we are not winning it must be the managers fault. Roader for all his faults is still the man for the job and with what he has had to work with has done a good job IMO. There are so many people on this forum that slag the manager and board off but dont actually have any answers to the problems. Unfortuantely I dont have answers either but until I do I wont be calling for the head of our manager and will pray to the footballing gods that someone with some cash buys the club.

There are a few good managers without jobs at the moment.Aidy Boothroyd or Alan Pardew would both be good choices in my opinion. Ian Holloway also a good manager without a job at the moment. I know hes doing badly at Blackburn but if Paul Ince was to get the boot from blackburn he could be a good choice. He done a very good job at mk dons at macclesfield and he could do a good job in the championship

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Roberto Martinez.... knows how to grind results out with an unfancied side and took Swanse up last season...

i wouldnt touch boothroyd with a barge pole! am i the only 1 who thinks the guy is a disaster? he took someone elses team up then when he was allowed transfer funds took them straight back down and seemed incapable of stopping the rot this season, he also signed countless Duffers and very little quality.!!! reminds somewhat of Worthington in some respects...

jas :)

[/quote]

Agree on both counts, Martinez team play some good stuff and get results, and Aidy boothroyd plays boring crap and hasnt got results over the last 2 and 1/2 years.

Boothroyd and Davies... no ta... HOOF!Roberto Martinez no chance! But I know where you are coming from.. someone of that ilk. Like Roberto Di Matteo also.

Roberto Martinez would be brilliant - I was at uni in chester and used to go down and watch chester city play. Martinez played for them at the time and he was my favourite player of that team, he played some really lovely football, clearly has a brilliant football brain. incidentally the fan favourite down there was a certin Jon Walters who now plays for the scum.Realisitically, i''d think Clark and Stevo could do ok for us short term, but ideally i''d want Ince if he gets sacked. I always thought we should take a punt on him when Grant got the sack.

[quote user="Lambo"]Darren Ferguson[/quote]Very good shout Lambo - would be happy to see him here and you would imagine he would bring some of the better Pboro players with him - Mackail-smith for example!

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Lambo"]Darren Ferguson[/quote]Very good shout Lambo - would be happy to see him here and you would imagine he would bring some of the better Pboro players with him - Mackail-smith for example![/quote]Darren Ferguson kicked his ex wife in the stomach on his parents drive. Not sure if it matters but I''m not particularly keen. Mackail-Smith is a great shout but that''s another matter.As for manager, I''m still happy to let Roeder finish the season, then assess where we''re going and if he''s the man. If and when it comes to it, Dion has got to be high on the list only because he seems like a decent intelligent guy and I reckon he would fancy it. Either that or give Iwan or Malky a chance, at least that might give us some memories of better times.