Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

If we lose Against the Scum...

Will people be calling for heads outside the Main stand or will we all trudge off home and keep wishing things to change? The reason i ask is because i spoke to a friend today who said that the mood around him in the Jarrold stand was very angry and hostile towards the board and Roeder last home game, and he thinks that if we lose Sunday then most fans will be pushed over the edge. I hope if we do lose, fans will finally stand up and be counted. A former work mate and Ipswich fan also reckons that most Town fans are saying this will be the easiest victory for them in years.Sunday could be the biggest game for us in years,and in my opinion,lose and it will be the straw that breaks the camels back for most!!

I''m pleased to see you say that you hoped it would happen if we lost rather than you hoped we lost so it would like a few suspect "fans" round here,

[quote user="Lambo"]

I''m pleased to see you say that you hoped it would happen if we lost rather than you hoped we lost so it would like a few suspect "fans" round here,

[/quote]

I want change at the club but not enough to wish for a loss against the **** Jockeys from down the road. Trouble is i can''t see us getting anything from the game Sunday.

Oh and what good do you think your "protest" will do other than frighten off potential investors.and players, and managers and spectators.Get real . Its a game of football. You shouting on the street like a yob will only make the non committed think that the 25,000 of us who attended the match are yobs!

Totally agree, should we lose today then something has to change, I''m willing us to win of course but if the worst happens then we need to show our displeasure at the situation we find ourselves in. I just feel of late we accept our fate and trudge off back home after the game and air our views on sites like this.

[quote user="Bobert"]Oh and what good do you think your "protest" will do other than frighten off potential investors.and players, and managers and spectators.Get real . Its a game of football. You shouting on the street like a yob will only make the non committed think that the 25,000 of us who attended the match are yobs![/quote]

I think Delia and ''her'' board (including the Chief Exec), have done more to frighten off potential investors and players more than what the fans will ever achieve.

Actively and vigorously seeking investment? Yeah right......

Protesting infront of the Binners?! Are you lot mad?! Don''t give them the satisfaction! We''d never live it down! If you must protest then please save it for the next game!

[quote user="Bobert"]Oh and what good do you think your "protest" will do other than frighten off potential investors.and players, and managers and spectators.Get real . Its a game of football. You shouting on the street like a yob will only make the non committed think that the 25,000 of us who attended the match are yobs![/quote]

YOB!!! Why thanks,actually i''m a hard working Dad of soon to be four little Norwich fans.And we are not the ones frightening of investment,Delia seems to be doing ok on her own.

[quote user="Bobert"]Oh and what good do you think your "protest" will do other than frighten off potential investors.and players, and managers and spectators.Get real . Its a game of football. You shouting on the street like a yob will only make the non committed think that the 25,000 of us who attended the match are yobs![/quote]Yep, accept defeat and slink home with your tail between your legs.  "oh well, it was a nice day out... that burger in yellows was nice..."  Don''t show any discontent to the great and good who are steering this club capably into the third tier of English football.  What gives you the right to question anything? You''re just a supporter who pays money to get in.

I don''t think today would be the best day to potest, not in front of "that lot", let''s really get behind the team and hope things go our way.

[quote user="Marty"]I don''t think today would be the best day to potest, not in front of "that lot", let''s really get behind the team and hope things go our way.[/quote]

We always get behind the team but who cares if it''s infront of the Town fans,lose today and the fans have got to do something to show that enough is enough, as i said i don''t think we will win today because the players just don''t seem up to it at the moment.I would love to see us smash four or five past them and play them off the park but it would be another stay of execution for the powers that be!

Agreed Phat, but if you want to call me a yob Bobert, please go ahead. There is only so much we can take. A few protests to deter investment. Didn''t seem to worry Delia in the Chase Out era did it?

As Phat and Mello have said, the current team on the Board of Directors seem to be doing well on their own scaring away any investment.

Yes it''s a game of football. But it''s more than that to myself and lot of other fans. It''s our club and our club is slowly dying and is a very pale imitation of its former self. Those in charge can''t expect us to sit in silence forever.

Whether it will be today, or in three weeks time, there is only so much dire football, passionless performance and arrogant managerial bile we can take. You can sit and applaud it all if you think that is the right thing to do. Each to their own.

[quote user="Marty"]I don''t think today would be the best day to potest, not in front of "that lot", let''s really get behind the team and hope things go our way.[/quote]

You''re so right Marty, I know fans would be p*ssed off, but you shouln''t let the low life see it.........they''d lap it up![:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

You''re so right Marty, I know fans would be p*ssed off, but you shouln''t let the low life see it.........they''d lap it up![:(]

[/quote]

Bloody hell Wiz you either want change or you don''t! Do you not think that every Town fan knows the situation down at Carrow Road,who cares about tools from Ipswich, the future of my football club is more important than saving face infront of the Blue muppets. Lets hope we win and we don''t have to worry about showing our true feelings.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Bloody hell Wiz you either want change or you don''t! Do you not think that every Town fan knows the situation down at Carrow Road,who cares about tools from Ipswich, the future of my football club is more important than saving face infront of the Blue muppets. Lets hope we win and we don''t have to worry about showing our true feelings.

[/quote]

You know I want S&J, Roeder and his mob out Phat, and I do see your point, honestly I do. But the thought of the scummers laughing at fellow City fans gets to me.

Charlton at home on the 20th would be better............especially if we lose that game!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know I want S&J, Roeder and his mob out Phat, and I do see your point, honestly I do. But the thought of the scummers laughing at fellow City fans gets to me.

Charlton at home on the 20th would be better............especially if we lose that game!.

[/quote]

In all honesty Wiz if the team don''t show today and we get to watch another shocking home performance then i think that a lot of passion will turn to anger, i love derby days and the pride and passion around me in the stands but today it could get heated to say the least, lets hope we put on a show and spank their blue backsides but i just get a horrible feeling about today, which City will turn up? thats the question.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the bit I don''t get Phat. Why is it different if we win? Why should the protest only take place if we lose? Are you saying that 6 home wins on the trot and it''ll be "Delia''s Barmy Army" again? We''ve only won 3 of our 10 home games this season. We''ve had disappointing home results against Blackpool, QPR, Derby, Preston Swansea and Palace and there''s been no protest apart from on the messageboard. Why did you let thpose games pass without showing your true feelings?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the bit I don''t get Phat. Why is it different if we win? Why should the protest only take place if we lose? Are you saying that 6 home wins on the trot and it''ll be "Delia''s Barmy Army" again? We''ve only won 3 of our 10 home games this season. We''ve had disappointing home results against Blackpool, QPR, Derby, Preston Swansea and Palace and there''s been no protest apart from on the messageboard. Why did you let thpose games pass without showing your true feelings?

[/quote]

I have shown my true feelings at the last home games, but when only 20 fans join in your chorus of board out then it''s hard, and in my eyes it will never be "Delias barmy army" and never was, i thank her for the money she has put in over the years but god she needs to leave this club sooner rather than later, the spin and lies have gone on to long!

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have shown my true feelings at the last home games, but when only 20 fans join in your chorus of board out then it''s hard, and in my eyes it will never be "Delias barmy army" and never was, i thank her for the money she has put in over the years but god she needs to leave this club sooner rather than later, the spin and lies have gone on to long!

[/quote]

So bearing that in mind I can only ask again why is it different if we win?

''Delia''s Barmy Army'' is ridiculous I agree. We never had ''Chases Barmy Army'' or ''Sir Arthurs Bary Army''. I remember the Barclay replacing ''Worthingtons Green & Yellow Army'' with ''Delia''s Barmy Army'' even when we won 6 home games on the trot.

Like you I was one of the few who still sung for Worthy.

Totally agree. IF we lose then what better high profile occasion than the home derby with lots of TV and press coverage to make public our discontent with the current manager and board? Just to ''hope'' things get better is a pathetic suggestion; time to protest peacefully but using our voices for a change to make our feelings and frustrations known; who cares what Ipswich fans think?

nutty asked "So bearing that in mind I can only ask again why is it different if we win?"

to me it shoudn''t matter if we win or lose,i honestly think that we should have stood up and be counted weeks ago but the numbers would have been to low to get the club to take notice, should we lose today then a lot more fans i feel will want to take action, i stand by my beliefs but it still makes you feel like a prat when your the only one calling for heads and several people start to get a bit defensive and angry, the last thing i want is to get into fights with fellow fans!  

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

nutty asked "So bearing that in mind I can only ask again why is it different if we win?"

to me it shoudn''t matter if we win or lose,i honestly think that we should have stood up and be counted weeks ago but the numbers would have been to low to get the club to take notice, should we lose today then a lot more fans i feel will want to take action, i stand by my beliefs but it still makes you feel like a prat when your the only one calling for heads and several people start to get a bit defensive and angry, the last thing i want is to get into fights with fellow fans!  

[/quote]

Agreed Phat. There should be no fighting amongst the fans like there was over Worthy. Thing is those that don''t agree with you have the same right to have their voice heard as you do.  If you protest outside the ground after the game or hire out St Andrews Hall you will find those who don''t agree with you won''t be there and you can have the freedom to have your voice heard uncontested.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Agreed Phat. There should be no fighting amongst the fans like there was over Worthy. Thing is those that don''t agree with you have the same right to have their voice heard as you do.  If you protest outside the ground after the game or hire out St Andrews Hall you will find those who don''t agree with you won''t be there and you can have the freedom to have your voice heard uncontested.

[/quote]

I never said they didn''t, i never vebally attacked fans for not calling for the board out like some did me, Anyway i''m off to the game,colours on and ready to support the TEAM!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Agreed Phat, but if you want to call me a yob Bobert, please go ahead. There is only so much we can take. A few protests to deter investment. Didn''t seem to worry Delia in the Chase Out era did it? As Phat and Mello have said, the current team on the Board of Directors seem to be doing well on their own scaring away any investment. Yes it''s a game of football. But it''s more than that to myself and lot of other fans. It''s our club and our club is slowly dying and is a very pale imitation of its former self. Those in charge can''t expect us to sit in silence forever. Whether it will be today, or in three weeks time, there is only so much dire football, passionless performance and arrogant managerial bile we can take. You can sit and applaud it all if you think that is the right thing to do. Each to their own.[/quote]

agreed Gazza.. infact im willing to bet that 95% of the "leave Queen Delia alone" group were the ones who shouted loudest to remove fat bob... Hypocrasy is a wonderful thing isnt it?

jas :)

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never said they didn''t, i never vebally attacked fans for not calling for the board out like some did me, Anyway i''m off to the game,colours on and ready to support the TEAM!

[/quote]

You and me both Phat[Y]