Sign in to follow this  
Womble

New signing -

I hope it isn''t Doherty, every time I''ve watched him he''s been useless. Anyway, why do you think it''s Doherty, Womble? And why Richards, Dom?

Dean Richards is rubbish!

Santos is better!

Spurs had a shocking defence last year plus he is injury prone..... he''s NO BETTER than the Mighty Malky.

Please NW don''t waste cash, wait, be patient buy some class.

Rather buy a Div 1 player with potential like Gabbidon from Cardiff or Jajelka from Sheff Utd(however you spelt)

no offence though but gabbidon is a welsh international

and phil jajelka is a england under 21 international hardly going for players with potential from the lower dvisions

be lucky to get either for much under 2million i reckon at a push

If we are going to buy a Spurs defender I would say almost certainly it would be Doherty. Spurs paid £8m for Dean Richards which a) means he would be out of our price range even if they were preapred to cut their losses and "only" want £2.5m for him and b) suggests he is on a salary we would struggle to match. Doherty is a lot more likely, especially as he can play upfront if needed. I''m not too sure how good a player he would be for us. I really think it is hard to determine how good a player is when they play for Spurs! Looking at his stats, what suprised me the most was that he is only 24, as he looks a lot older than that to me. I was under the impression that he wasn''t very quick, although thats been contradicted by a few reports I''ve seen on the net (Spurs fans claim he is useless and slow, but I''ve never taken a Spurs fan''s word on anything!). He is definitely good in the air, which is a quality we need to add to our defence and he seems to have done well for the Republic of Ireland.

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that he will be joining. We''ll just have to wait and see whether it is true, and how he gets on if he does sign.

I work in N London. I am surrounded by Spurs fans.

If we sign either of these two players, Spurs will be laughing at us for years to come. It will be the equivalent of Crystal Palace''s signing of the more-than-useless Ade Akinbiyi.

I would prefer Richards, as at least he has displayed some good form in his career (at Saints) whereas Doherty is a player who is always "rated" but I''ve never seen him have a good game!

He''s a laughing stock down here. Still, I guess Mr Worthington knows a bit more than I do about potential, and the attributes that would make a good addition to the squad.

Rather sadly I did suggest Richards as a possible signing last week before these rumours started but since then I have heard nothing but criticism of him from Spurs fans - led by bananaman but backed up by numerous other sources. I regret suggesting him!

The summary is that in his first season at WHL he was superb but then suffered an injury which, dented his confidence and he is now a liability. The injury also affected his speed which was a key part of his defensive ability. However some are also of the view that in another side his confidence and ability may return - however it would be a risk.

Universally though Richards is rated much higher than Doherty who really does appear to be the George Santos of premier football...

OTBC

i know people keep saying oh looks another romour *sigh*

but remember huckerby and THAT was TRUE!