Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

COMETH THE HOUR

Thinking about games past against Ipswich it seems to me, with a few exceptions, that they provide a platform for our iconic players to come to the fore.

Steve Bruce in the Milk Cup. Huckerby, MacKenzie and Mackay in the promotion year. Bellamy announcing he was ''simply the vest;'' Eadie tormenting Wark into a sending off; Iwan at Portman Road when his hard fought goals were keeping us alive; Bowen; Gunn for the wrong reasons; Cureton with green hair and with a deft lob: Gossy in his golden season; Tiny Taylor (who lifted the Club and should have lifted a contract.

I know there have been the odd sparks from players like Johnny Miller who fade into the background but these games often provide seminal moments for our greatest players.

So, in a side where - despite our form and position - we do have players contracted to us who show potential to make their mark here. Perhaps Crofty will sign his name across Sunday''s game; or Sammy or Marsh. Personally, I would love to see Matty score again because his celebration against Forest showed just how much he cares and the players who care need to be supported because we need them.

So, does anyone else recall a Norwich derby game great and who might become one?

Players who perform in these games win a place in Club history and  even John Hartson gets real credit for ''that flick on'' if he did nothing else. So, the hour is almost upon us: will someone rise to the challenge and will this player go on to become an icon because history seems to suggest he will.

but seriously rude - ''rising to the challenge'' has more in common with pre-match floaters in the public bogs than the current crop of NCFC heroes!!!but, for me - clinkers has the look of a honest, brave type - who could lead from the front, with an all action display (hopefully in midfield) that puts backbone and spirit into the side...

Great post Rudolph and great memories. I''d love it to be Matty Pattison this time. He''s brave and passionate and I reckon he has all the right credentials to be a Derby Day Hero!

Id love Matty Patty to become a hero this weekend for the Norwich fans, but I feel this weekend could be the beginning of the real Wes Hoolahan!

I hope today proves we do own iconic players again.

David Marshall: second recent great performance on TV. Premiership class in the making.

Gary Doherty: has his faults but never fault his commitment.

Sammy Clinghan: receives the ball, moves, creates space, has time, superb passing, very mobile, deceptively quick. Premiership class and he will have the scouts watching him.

Matty Pattison: I''d want him alongside me in a brawl for sure. It goes in off the woodwork these days and can''t miss however hard he tries. Goals to industry, remembered to avoid the hoardings and a booking today.

Lee Croft: a character footballer from way back when and with improved fitness has gone up another level.

For me, along with the industrious Lita these were our outstanding boys today and they all belong to us. Perhaps it is time to believe again as we really do have names worth putting on our shirts.

In addition I loved Eadie describing Roeder''s celebrations as ''camp.''

[quote user="Largey"]Id love Matty Patty to become a hero this weekend for the Norwich fans, but I feel this weekend could be the beginning of the real Wes Hoolahan![/quote]

Well Patty was a hero and Hoolahoop controlled vast majority of the game.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Perhaps Crofty will sign his name across Sunday''s game;

I would love to see Matty score again because his celebration against Forest showed just how much he cares

[/quote]

Spooky ...

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Perhaps Crofty will sign his name across Sunday''s game;

I would love to see Matty score again because his celebration against Forest showed just how much he cares

[/quote]

Spooky ...

[/quote]yeah, what a great mystical thread...all the elements came together today/,.