Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardos Report v Ipswich

Well folks, what about that then!!!!!!

The question you have to ask after a performance like that is why can''t we play like that more often? It would be churlish to differentiate between the players, I thought the entire team was magnificent. Lita and Croft ran everywhere, Clingan was immense at defensive mid-field, Hoolahan was a constant menace and Omo and Doc were as solid as a rock at the back. David Marshall produced two saves that deserved to win any match. If I had to mark them out of ten then they would all get ten except Clingan, who would get eleven.

I was thinking today on my stroll up Bracondale of all the Derby matches I have seen over the years. I have seen literally dozens but this one must rank up there with the best. I thought it was as open a Derby match as I have ever seen and some of the football on offer today was vintage Norwich City. Its nice to see but even nicer when you can produce it in a Derby match. Crofty fully deserved his standing ovation and that goal will become a gem on future DVD''s of City v Ipswich games.

Where does all this take us for the future? I would love to think we can push on from here but we will certainly need a bit of cash to secure the likes of Leroy Lita etc.

Mr. Cullum we need a Christmas present from you this year.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Well folks, what about that then!!!!!!

The question you have to ask after a performance like that is why can''t we play like that more often?

[/quote]

Precisely. What an excellent win. The lads battled away and put in a performance most of us would be happy to see every week. But it doesn''t, and deep down we all know it wont happen every week. Our inconsistancy is why we aren''t higher up the league not because we don''t have a team capable of being higher.

I hope that stroll over the bridge was pleasant, Ricardo, and for once you didn''t think about throwing yourself off!  I thought we were great, 100% energy and as passionate a performance as you could wish to see.

Consistency is key. It has to start with the manager, consistent team selections. We got a great result today and a great performance to go with it, stick to that team for the next game. And the game after. And the game after that.

Very pleased for Lee Croft, hopefully that''ll shut up some of his critics at last.

Thought Omosuzi was outstanding at the back.

And obviously Sammy Clingan is just absolutely top class. Faultless.

[quote user="GJP"]

Very pleased for Lee Croft, hopefully that''ll shut up some of his critics at last.

[/quote]

Don''t count on it. That''s what I said after the Sheffield United game ...

Agree with the above and I hope it puts to bed the daft argument about loan players "not caring'' or giving 100% compared to perms.

Great TEAM performance.

[quote user="GJP"]

Consistency is key. It has to start with the manager, consistent team selections. We got a great result today and a great performance to go with it, stick to that team for the next game. And the game after. And the game after that.

[/quote]You see, your two paragraphs there kind of contradict each other.Consistency is key, and Croft is simply not consistent. Great goal today and good game, but he needs to produce regularly to "shut his critics up".  Too often he has no end product.  Today, he had one hell of an end product from 25 yards and I''m still in dreamland.

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

You see, your two paragraphs there kind of contradict each other.

Consistency is key, and Croft is simply not consistent.

[/quote]

Sorry but I disagree. I don''t think Crofty suffers from inconsistency anywhere near as much as people would like to believe.

Quality player and he showed it again today.

It was a great performance but let''s not get carried away, I''m assuming you''re giving 10/10 as ''The player was superb, he couldn''t have done anymore''. If indeed this is the case, doherty and bertrand?! hmmmmmmm.Im not criticising after a great win and a superb team performance but we don''t halve get carried away sometimes!

[quote user="The Lord"]It was a great performance but let''s not get carried away, I''m assuming you''re giving 10/10 as ''The player was superb, he couldn''t have done anymore''. If indeed this is the case, doherty and bertrand?! hmmmmmmm.Im not criticising after a great win and a superb team performance but we don''t halve get carried away sometimes![/quote]I''m not sure that Doherty did an awful lot wrong today. Thought him and Omosuzi looked a very solid partnership.I think the point Ricardo was trying to make was that it would be churlish to pick out the occasional individual errors in the team performance as they were so infrequent.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]You see, your two paragraphs there kind of contradict each other.Consistency is key, and Croft is simply not consistent. [/quote]

Sorry but I disagree. I don''t think Crofty suffers from inconsistency anywhere near as much as people would like to believe.

[/quote]

I think people are criticising Crofty based on his history rather than his play this season. As someone has said in another thread, whenever I''ve been to a match with a neutral, he''s one of the few players they would want for their team. He has improved significantly since Roeder came in and I think you shouldn''t underestimate the value of his determination and passion on the rest of the team either. He always gives 100% and has earnt his place in the team.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]You see, your two paragraphs there kind of contradict each other.Consistency is key, and Croft is simply not consistent. [/quote]

[/quote]

I think people are criticising Crofty based on his history rather than his play this season. As someone has said in another thread, whenever I''ve been to a match with a neutral, he''s one of the few players they would want for their team. He has improved significantly since Roeder came in and I think you shouldn''t underestimate the value of his determination and passion on the rest of the team either. He always gives 100% and has earnt his place in the team.

[/quote]No, that''s not true.  He is a hard worker and always runs himself ragged, but too often his crossing is poor and either hits the first defender or goes over the last man and out of play.  As a winger, you must be able to deliver quality crosses - look at Bell.  Now if you could get Bell''s crossing and Croft''s workrate, you''d have one hell of a player.

May I say that we have won a second televised game in a row, something unheard of in recent times!And to make things even better the t.v curse has been passed on to Ipswich as Magilton points out to the BBC:Ipswich manager Jim Magilton:

"We''ve saved all our worst performances for the cameras this season"I  love it!!!!

Over recent times in derby games Ipswich have always impressed me with their technical ability and have as a result normally been vicorious. Today was completely different. I thought Norwich were head and shoulders above Ipswich on Technical ability and made the tractor boys look pedestrian at times. Some of the Norwich build up play was very good and pleasing on the eye. Combined with the commitment shown by the whole team it was the complete performance. Ipswich can have no complaints - they were beaten by the better team.

Onto Watford. What will happen ? Which Norwich City will turn up ?

We will have to wait and see.

Ricardo, I bet you enjoyed your stroll back to beautiful Trowse!

I, like you, thought today was one of the best Derby games for some time. As you say a very open match, and just fantastic to see us bossing them in midfield. How satisfying was that!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Ricardo, I bet you enjoyed your stroll back to beautiful Trowse! I, like you, thought today was one of the best Derby games for some time. As you say a very open match, and just fantastic to see us bossing them in midfield. How satisfying was that![/quote]

Indeed it was Gazza. There have been many times in recent seasons when I have felt tempted to jump off the railway bridge but today wasn''t one of them. We''ve had to put up with some rubbish at times but good wins over Ipswich and Wolves in the same season don''t come along too often in my long experience so its only right that we should savour them.

[quote user="Glen"]

Over recent times in derby games Ipswich have always impressed me with their technical ability and have as a result normally been vicorious. Today was completely different. I thought Norwich were head and shoulders above Ipswich on Technical ability and made the tractor boys look pedestrian at times. Some of the Norwich build up play was very good and pleasing on the eye. Combined with the commitment shown by the whole team it was the complete performance. Ipswich can have no complaints - they were beaten by the better team.

[/quote]The scum surprised me with their lack of overall quality. They created very few real openings and when they had them their strikers were woeful. Walters - someone on here said he is one of their instrumental players? WHAT?!! Doherty outpaced and outclassed him by miles and the Spanish Olympic diver wasn''t much better. I was expecting more from them and Ambrose and to be honest other than a couple of saves  they did little, no creative spark and their best defender on the day (Bruce) looks to be being forced out of the club - and people say they are worried about our beloved NCFC?!!!As for the ref and the assistants - they were incredibly inconsistant.

[quote user="chicken"]

Walters - someone on here said he is one of their instrumental players?

[/quote]

Presumably a kazoo?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Glen"]

[/quote]The scum surprised me with their lack of overall quality. They created very few real openings and when they had them their strikers were woeful. Walters - someone on here said he is one of their instrumental players? WHAT?!! Doherty outpaced and outclassed him by miles and the Spanish Olympic diver wasn''t much better. I was expecting more from them and Ambrose and to be honest other than a couple of saves  they did little, no creative spark and their best defender on the day (Bruce) looks to be being forced out of the club - and people say they are worried about our beloved NCFC?!!!As for the ref and the assistants - they were incredibly inconsistant.[/quote]walters was a pre-match doubt after suffering from sciatica during the week - played like he still had a pain up the ass!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Glen"]

[/quote]The scum surprised me with their lack of overall quality. They created very few real openings and when they had them their strikers were woeful. Walters - someone on here said he is one of their instrumental players? WHAT?!! Doherty outpaced and outclassed him by miles and the Spanish Olympic diver wasn''t much better. I was expecting more from them and Ambrose and to be honest other than a couple of saves  they did little, no creative spark and their best defender on the day (Bruce) looks to be being forced out of the club - and people say they are worried about our beloved NCFC?!!!As for the ref and the assistants - they were incredibly inconsistant.[/quote]walters was a pre-match doubt after suffering from sciatica during the week - played like he still had a pain up the ass!!![/quote]Would that have been Pablo? How rude!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

Presumably a kazoo?

[/quote]Would that have been Pablo''s kazoo? Would explain his pain in the jaxi as above!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

Presumably a kazoo?

[/quote]Would that have been Pablo''s kazoo? Would explain his pain in the jaxi as above![/quote]lol - wot tune would come out??? ''who''s the s**t of anglia???''

[quote user="WalthamCanary"]May I say that we have won a second televised game in a row, something unheard of in recent times!

And to make things even better the t.v curse has been passed on to Ipswich as Magilton points out to the BBC:

Ipswich manager Jim Magilton:
"We''ve saved all our worst performances for the cameras this season"

I  love it!!!!
[/quote]

Haha, and whats with us winning both of our Sky matches?!

Sky, book us up every week please, promise to deliver great football!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

Presumably a kazoo?

[/quote]Would that have been Pablo''s kazoo? Would explain his pain in the jaxi as above![/quote]lol - wot tune would come out??? ''who''s the s**t of anglia???''[/quote]Not sure to be honest, all I know is must be like the bagpipes because it took them a while to get a decent noise out of it and by that point it sounded like it was coming out of the wrong pipes!