Sign in to follow this  
cling on to clingan

matty patty

i was pleased with him again in todays game.

i was one of the people who didnt think he could cut it when he first joined, but i think were starting to see a better side to him. hes now making runs down into the box, setting up lee croft, and scoring the second in todays game. i think we lack somebody like him to run the ball down to the edge of the box like he did today, and i hope he continues to do this as it had a positive effect on the result. he has his critics, but hes certainly convinced me his heart is in it and hes a good player

Yeah think he works well with Clingan who will sit deep, patters can make the runs. his link up with Lita when he got in one on one was superb.

You put your left foot in,

Your left foot out,

In out In out and kick it all about,

You do the Matty Patty

And score a goal,

Thats what its all about!

Woahhh the Matty Patty

Woahhh the Matty Patty

Woahhh the Matty Patty

Skin-head Short-arse, He''s Ginger!

agreed - best display of midfield to opposition box penetration from a city player since damo francis,,,nice to see matty playing in his favoured posi - but, for the first15 mins, i thought he was chasing shadows - he looked too slow for the speed of the match, but then he settled, and got better as the game went on,,,

I saw the one who Roeder''s been harping on about being so amazing for Newcastle reserves scoring and assisting goals, not the ineffective, uninspiring lummox that has turned up sometimes for us. Maybe he can do the former more often now

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I saw the one who Roeder''s been harping on about being so amazing for Newcastle reserves scoring and assisting goals, not the ineffective, uninspiring lummox that has turned up sometimes for us. Maybe he can do the former more often now[/quote]

Three goals in four games suggests that he''s giving it a bloody good go.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I saw the one who Roeder''s been harping on about being so amazing for Newcastle reserves scoring and assisting goals, not the ineffective, uninspiring lummox that has turned up sometimes for us. Maybe he can do the former more often now
[/quote]

Three goals in four games suggests that he''s giving it a bloody good go.
[/quote]

I was relieved he got his goal today since he shinned into the bar from about 2 yards!

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I saw the one who Roeder''s been harping on about being so amazing for Newcastle reserves scoring and assisting goals, not the ineffective, uninspiring lummox that has turned up sometimes for us. Maybe he can do the former more often now[/quote]

Three goals in four games suggests that he''s giving it a bloody good go.[/quote]

I was relieved he got his goal today since he shinned into the bar from about 2 yards!

[/quote]Couldn''t really miss, but he definitely tried his best to! haha!Great goal, well positioned, played well in the game, full of running and effort. Calms play in the midfield, digs out the good passes linking back to Clingan, and forward to Lita and Hoolahan. Everyone played well today, and Patty rightly got his goal.

That was a blast, he''s fortunate he hit the right part of the bar! But really, that was a critical goal that put the game away so he came up huge today.