Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Maybe Roeder needs 'a Peter Taylor'?

From Robbo Robson''s blog on BBC Sport:

But you look at the relative successes of Kinnear and Redknapp this season and you can see that the old maxim about some players needing a kick up the backside and some needing an arm round the shoulder being very true. And them two blokes obviously have a bit of a knack with that. You get the impression with Keane - and with Ince too, probably - that if a kick up the backside doesn''t work he reverts to a really hard kick up the backside and if that doesn''t work he gets the electrodes out. Maybe footballers have become a prissier bunch since the days of his mentor Cloughie, but even Old Big ''Ead had a Peter Taylor to iron out the worst excesses. Who''s Keane got? I doubt he''ll ever have a number two who''ll utter so much as a Sergeant Wilson-esque ''Do you think that''s wise, sir?''

And between them they''ll be able to get the team up for every match - instead of once a month.

The best solutions are often both obvious - and the simplest.

What say you - do his bootroom staff complement him or not?

OTBC

P.S. BBC Norfolk forgot to turn off their internet commentary today for places outside the uk! But shhhhhhhhh....!! Hush! [:D]

My multiple posts haven''t received much attention today so I think I''ll repeat them.

I said

My multiple posts haven''t received much attention today so I think I''ll repeat them.

I

I said

[quote user="lappinitup"]I

I said

[/quote]

Lapp, are you repeating your multiple posts, due to them not having received mch attention today?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"]I

I said

[/quote]

Lapp, are you repeating your multiple posts, due to them not having received mch attention today?

[/quote]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"]I

I said

[/quote]

Lapp, are you repeating your multiple posts, due to them not having received much attention today?

[/quote][/quote]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"]I

I said

[/quote]

Lapp, are you repeating your multiple posts, due to them not having received much attention today?

[/quote][/quote][/quote] No Wazzy!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"]I

I said

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote][/quote] No Wazzy![/quote] No Wazzy!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"]I

I said

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote][/quote] No Wazzy![/quote] No Wazzy!

[/quote]  No Wazzy!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From Robbo Robson''s blog on BBC Sport:

But you look at the relative successes of Kinnear and Redknapp this season and you can see that the old maxim about some players needing a kick up the backside and some needing an arm round the shoulder being very true. And them two blokes obviously have a bit of a knack with that. You get the impression with Keane - and with Ince too, probably - that if a kick up the backside doesn''t work he reverts to a really hard kick up the backside and if that doesn''t work he gets the electrodes out. Maybe footballers have become a prissier bunch since the days of his mentor Cloughie, but even Old Big ''Ead had a Peter Taylor to iron out the worst excesses. Who''s Keane got? I doubt he''ll ever have a number two who''ll utter so much as a Sergeant Wilson-esque ''Do you think that''s wise, sir?''

And between them they''ll be able to get the team up for every match - instead of once a month.

The best solutions are often both obvious - and the simplest.

What say you - do his bootroom staff complement him or not?

OTBC

P.S. BBC Norfolk forgot to turn off their internet commentary today for places outside the uk! But shhhhhhhhh....!! Hush! [:D]

[/quote]

Clough on Peter Taylor: "Sometimes he tells me I''m a ****.

Clough: "If I agree I say "Great idea."

Clough: "If I don''t agree I tell him that he''s the **** and he can go **** himself."

Who knows?

[:|]

If you keep on triple clicking Lappy, poor old Pete et al won''t know when their duplicate spoiler software ain''t working.

That software''s doomed I tell ye, doomed! 

OTBC

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]You posted that on another thread cam! [:^)][/quote]

Is Cam doing it as well Lapp ?

[/quote]

Is Cam doing it as well, Lapp

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]You posted that on another thread cam! [:^)][/quote]

Is Cam doing it as well Lapp ?

[/quote]

Is Cam doing it as well, Lapp

[/quote]