Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

No Kennedy - Clean Sheet, and well done.....

.....Elliott Omozusi.Ive slated this guy all season, but he was superb yesterday, his best game by far, which wasnt hard. He looks a different player at CB, and if he continues this form then him and the Doc is the way forward.I think its Jas The Barclay King that always points out that we havent kept a clean sheet in any game John Kennedy has played in. Well now we have and its confirmed what ive been saying for weeks, that Kennedy has been the problem. He''s so overrated, is as slow on the turn as a tree and seems to be involved a lot whenever we concede. Yes i know he plays just in front of the goal so is always likely to be involved, but the last few games especially he has looked really poor. Slow and ineffective, strikers seemed to have an easy time of it when marked by Kennedy, the exact opposite of course when marked by the Doc.Doc and Kennedy clearly cant play together, so as long as Omozusi keeps fit and keeps putting in performances like yesterday then its them 2 for me. Lets face it, the last 10 matches, with the exception of 2 games, weve conceded either 2 or 3 goals per match. So any defensive combination that finally gets a clean sheet must be the way forward for the foreseeable future.

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

Got to say I''d love to see a certain Martin Taylor as our captain alongside Omozusi.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]Great Partnership, almost marriage material!

He''s got a bit of pace which we have lacked at centre back all season. And yesterday he stuck to his man like glue and made it hard for Walters/Counago to get in the game.well done lad.lets hope he keeps it up

Yup, it was an excelllent performance from Omosuzi at centreback.

I still think John Kennedy is a pretty decent defender but having said that he hasn''t always been totally convincing. I think some people have possibly been too easily impressed with him.

Hopefully Doherty and Omosuzi stick together for a run of games now.

Right before the loan window closed, Roeder was saying a player had decided to stay with his squad and sit on the bench as opposed to coming over to us for a loan.  A few people I have spoken to thought that player was Taylor. Seems like he wants to get back to the Premiership, but feels he can earn back his place at Brum.

You make an excellent point Barclayman ... with Omusuzi at centre back alongside Otsemobor at right back we, at last, have some pace in the back four. As solid as the Kennedy/Stefanovic partnership appeared, we were always vulnerable to sides who counter attacked with pace.

God I''m happy today!!!!! ..... let''s just keep everything crossed that we buck the usual trend and follow it up with a good result at Watford!

OTBC!!!

I too have to hold my hands up and give Omasuzi a big pat on the back. I have been critical of his performances at right back and am not sure his positioning is good enough when he plays there but he was outstanding at CB yesterday and I thought he looked much more comfortable there.

Apparently he has played at centre back in all 3 of our clean sheets this season.

Am another who is not convinced by Kennedy who I think has been ropey for the last few games. When he got done consistently by Kuqi alarm bells started to ring. I think the Doc and Omazusi looks like a potentially good combination.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I too have to hold my hands up and give Omasuzi a big pat on the back. I have been critical of his performances at right back and am not sure his positioning is good enough when he plays there but he was outstanding at CB yesterday and I thought he looked much more comfortable there.

Apparently he has played at centre back in all 3 of our clean sheets this season.

Am another who is not convinced by Kennedy who I think has been ropey for the last few games. When he got done consistently by Kuqi alarm bells started to ring. I think the Doc and Omazusi looks like a potentially good combination.

[/quote]Interesting point, wasnt aware of that, more evidence to keep him there with Doc then.

[quote user="Barclayman"].....Elliott Omozusi.Ive slated this guy all season, but he was superb yesterday, his best game by far, which wasnt hard. He looks a different player at CB, and if he continues this form then him and the Doc is the way forward.[/quote]Credit to you for a good post.  You weren''t "wrong" about Omo, he''s pants at right back, but he played very well with Doc yesterday.

yeah - it would be mad at worst, and bad man management to tinker with the starting line-up and personnel for the next match...the same 11 should start again, simple as - to bring kenners in would be bad for morale...but - i''ve got big doubts over the defending ability of semmy - it seems to me whatever we gain from his attacking ability we lose from his often suspect defending ability...he gets ''done'' too often, gets sucked in and loses posi - or just loses posi, is a ball watcher who doesn''t keep an eye out enough of attackers runs, often isn''t tight enough and isn''t assertive enough in his tackling...ok - so ozi isn''t the answer as right back, but imo - semmy isn''t either - for me, he isn''t showing that he''s capable of learning and doing his job properly, and that is first and foremost to defend...sorry, but thats how i see it///