Sign in to follow this  
Here We Go

Matty Patterson

As people know i am the first to say Matty Patty is a crap player, but on sunday, he gave me a reason to like him so, for the next two weeks or until he makes a mistake that costs us a goal, i will not say he is rubbish.

Well done that man for putting the scum down.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

As people know i am the first to say Matty Patty is a crap player, but on sunday, he gave me a reason to like him so, for the next two weeks or until he makes a mistake that costs us a goal, i will not say he is rubbish.

[/quote]

I''m sure he is absolutely thrilled and excited to have your backing. [:)] 

I think he''s starting to repay Roeder''s faith in him.I thought he did really well yesterday,and he''s starting to become a true goal threat from midfield (even though he did his best to blaze it over yesterday!!), the run onto Lita''s backheel in the first half being a case in point.

We have to remember he''s a young lad and has time to develop into an exceptional player.I''ve given him lots of stick,but he''s won me round.

this may be the worst post ive ever read.For starters youve got his bloody name wrong, which i find completely unbelievable that so many ''fans'' get the players names wrong. At a push i will overlook the spelling mistakes of Omozusi and Otsemobor, but Pattison? Come on people.And secondly its like this was written by a 2 yr old.'''' He oosed to be wubbish so i dont like im, now he is better and now i like im ''''What the hell has happened to this board, its truly awful now. There''s about 3 decent posts on the entire first page.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]And another thing! Lets say Patty continues his goalscoring form, and has a good 2 weeks, are you then gonna go back to saying he''s rubbish?

Of course. You don''t think a young player with barely a year''s first team football under his belt deserves encouragement, do you? If he can''t cut it from the off, he''s nothing, I tell you - NOTHING!

youre like most people and dont rate him. most of yesterdays game he was like a headless chicken in midfield. luckily clinghan was fantastic  for us.but at he scored again onthe ball city

[quote user="gremlin griggs"]

youre like most people and dont rate him. most of yesterdays game he was like a headless chicken in midfield. luckily clinghan was fantastic  for us.but at he scored again onthe ball city

[/quote]Agreed, but Pattison is a player who does the one thing no other midfielder does; push forward into the penalty box. He''s the only box to box player we really have, and despite not being the most gifted player in the world gets himself into the right positions at the right times.

[/quote]

Honestly don''t know what this means. [*-)]

[/quote]agreed gg - in as much imo - matty patty took 15-20 mins to settle in and find the pace of the game, he looked slow, ponderous and simple outfoxed early doors, but he got going after that inital spell and for my money the boy did well, and kept to his brief - he got into the box every opportunity,,,and scored!!!

Matty Patty passes too much sideways and backwards and passes too short . Needs to look before he gets the ball to appreciate quickly where to spread it  intelligently and tellingly. He has been told this and is working on it but acknowledges that old habits .....anyway I''ve said too much already.

Bestest for Watford MP

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

Matty Patty passes too much sideways and backwards and passes too short . Needs to look before he gets the ball to appreciate quickly where to spread it  intelligently and tellingly. He has been told this and is working on it but acknowledges that old habits .....anyway I''ve said too much already.

Bestest for Watford MP

[/quote]

we shall play fotheringham instead, because he doesnt pass backwards and sideways !

matty pattison is 1 of the only norwich players that shoots when he gets a good opportunity, he also makes runs down into there box, which we havent had in a long while.

keep it up patty !

I watched him closely yesterday and for most of the game he wasnt there. He was always off the pace and slow to react, if Sammy hadnt had such a great game we would have been badly exposed in mid field, Matty also did his best to miss a gilt edge goal.I  dont jeer him  from the stands and never will but for me he has to work very very hard on his  game to justify the faith GR seems to show in him.Yes he is younger than most people seem to realise, but there is a huge amount of improving to be done to convince me.

[quote user="Barclayman "][quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]And another thing! Lets say Patty continues his goalscoring form, and has a good 2 weeks, are you then gonna go back to saying he''s rubbish?[/quote]I think the OP''s saying Pattison''s still rubbish but he won''t say he''s rubbish for a little while until he does something else the poster doesn''t like. Getting behind the team the Norwich City way...

Matty is definitely getting better...he seems a better player in away games, ... he seems to freeze a bit at CR, but away from the pressure of performing in front of a home crowd he can really make his presence felt, Plymouth and Forest were particularly memorable in my mind for his performances.