Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

The ridiculous police presence

Why does it take this many police to enforce rules at football matches ?Nothing ever kicks off anymore and theres more than there every way... all on double pay, standing around doing something minnor.Who saw them all hold hands before the scums fans got released from the stadium ?Looked like they where expecting a bosnian riot.I just find this very silly and a waste of time / money.What warrants so much police ~~?

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Why does it take this many police to enforce rules at football matches ?

Nothing ever kicks off anymore and theres more than there every way... all on double pay, standing around doing something minnor.

Who saw them all hold hands before the scums fans got released from the stadium ?
Looked like they where expecting a bosnian riot.

I just find this very silly and a waste of time / money.

What warrants so much police ~~?
[/quote]

the reason thees no trouble at big games is bcause they are so well policed. what would you rather? let both sets of fans out at the same tim and to get your teeth knocked out by some annoyed binner?

jas :)

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I think they want to make sure that enough coppers are around just incase something kicks off. Nothing wrong with that. Better safe than sorry.
[/quote]

Totally agree flash,on the way home something kicked off on Thorpe road i believe.

I agree there was a large number of police which is good if the police monitor and help and not hinder fans going to a from the game which they have done previously.

One good thing is the kick off is later, than previous years, and this tell the police that we can have the later kick off without any trouble, which has always been the Police''s argument previously.

Anyway great win

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Why does it take this many police to enforce rules at football matches ?

Nothing ever kicks off anymore and theres more than there every way... all on double pay, standing around doing something minnor.

Who saw them all hold hands before the scums fans got released from the stadium ?

[/quote]

the reason thees no trouble at big games is bcause they are so well policed. what would you rather? let both sets of fans out at the same tim and to get your teeth knocked out by some annoyed binner?

jas :)

[/quote]

the only fan getting there teeth knocked out would be the annoyed binner

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Why does it take this many police to enforce rules at football matches ?Nothing ever kicks off anymore and theres more than there every way... all on double pay, standing around doing something minnor.Who saw them all hold hands before the scums fans got released from the stadium ?Looked like they where expecting a bosnian riot.I just find this very silly and a waste of time / money.What warrants so much police ~~?[/quote]in answer to your post...Policing levels are based on intelligence reci=eived in the lead up to the game.The reason nothing kicks off is due to the prescence and the fact that the two sets of fans are kept apartDouble pay???? Do you have any evidence to back that up?  I can tell you now that''s absolute rubbishHolding hands......you try keeping 1000+ fans at bay who some of which are hell bent on causing trouble.Very silly/waste of time eh?  Next season how about they don''t keep them at bay, then I''ll read your post about how the police didn''t bother turning up, how it''s the biggest derby in England and it wasn''t taken seriously etc etcI''m lead to believe that there were no arrests during the game, job well done for the boys in blue....er well black now!Ok let''s hear from you with something constructive to say with a few sensible suggestions as to what you think they should do.It''s too easy to sit in the comfort of your home and criticise, especially when you are posting without all the facts.Be reasonable, think about your reply and let''s be avin yer!ps, lovin'' the replies posted so far, nice to see the police being appreciated when appropriate

[/quote]

Yer lets get rid of all the old bill and let us 2 side by side and see what happens, now that would be fun wouldn''t it....

And as for double pay, unless there is less than 5 days notice, it would be normal pay and as this would be planned a year in advance, there would be nothing left to chance. You slag of the old bill, I would bet that you would be 1st to call police if you had been slapped around the chops.

[/quote]

A bit like your post.  

fair enough having loads of police but they do go over the top...for example, i was at the station after the match when a scummer barged into a city fan, the city fan told him to f*ck off which a pc heard and nicked him..... sorry but that is over the top policing. most norwich fans dont want to see any trouble but you cant go around nicking city fans for defending themselves.

CTID