Sign in to follow this  
Al Yellow

Interview with Malky

There is an interview with Malky in the Independent today:

[link]http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/norwich_city/story.jsp?story=550480[/link]

link above if anyone wants a read.

The journo looks a bit daft with all that Alan Partridge bit but I think Malky comes out as an all round nice guy and a credit to club and country. I hope he has the chance to help keep City up this season and help Scotland to qualify.

Ive lived in Norwich for 37 years and have never had a conversation with anybody about corn and cattle. Strange how ignorant outsiders who have never been here perceive us.

''oive lived heer fa fartysex yeers ''an there hint a day goo parst wen oiy dornt tork about corn ''n cartle boi! carm orn yoo yellars!

Corn and Cattle? Nah, I''m too busy crunching carrots and sitting on moi tractor.

Where do they get this crap?

And as for Alan Partidge being the only thing people remember the city for, I guess that just shows that this journo wasn''t reporting on football 10 years ago then. Since most of the lazier ones have always just referred back to our European days as the last thing they can remember about us!

I''ve just had to re-read that interview, read it this morning at 6:45 so I was worried I wasn''t properly awake in my view that it was quite good publicity.

Malky is actually the one who makes the comment about the corn and the cattle, might I suggest his tounge is firmly in his cheek? He seems to be underlining the point that the club has really woken up in the last few seasons, that there is a buzz around the club which wasn''t there when he first arrived. It seems to me to be a very postive piece about a club turned around and on the way up thanks to good management by people who really love the club.

Let''s not get sucked into this paranoid state about the national media and the pundits. Face facts we are the new boys in the league, this means our resources aren''t as great as other clubs in the top flight. Whilst a lot of pundits have said we''ll go straight back down I''ve also read a number of very postive previews (BBC for one). If we are struggling two months in then you''re going to read a lot worse, fact is the only thing that matters is the table at the end of the season.

Lets keep calm, they''ll be good and bad press to come yet..........

Fair point Al''Yellow, I read it again because I thought the journo put it in not Malky. Not sure its totally positive thou, anything with Alan Partridge mentioned in connection to Norwich isnt positive.

unparanoid calm person.......till Saturday!!!!

Oh and Janet Street Porter is calling for Delia to be made head of the FA in the editorial ........... she hasn''t put in a Premiership table prediction mind you