Sign in to follow this  
Xavi- Poor Mans Ian Crook

We shouldn't sign Iversen

He is old and well past him prime. If he wasn''t he would still be playing for a good team. His previous exploits in England were not that productive. Why we would even think about wasting money on him is beyond me. If we had to play a target man i would rather play Renton, young, something to prove not someone whos just looking for a bit more money before retiring.

Definitely.Iverson has the potential to be another Sibierski, and would detract from the type of football were trying to play. With the players we have, Croft, Hoolahan etc the play should be on the deck, pacey and creative, not hoofing the ball to a targetman, or just wide everytime for cross after cross and hope he gets on the end of one.We play so much better when we have to keep it on the deck. We should be after another Lita type player, strong and quick and half decent in the air.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]He is old and well past him prime. If he wasn''t he would still be playing for a good team. His previous exploits in England were not that productive. Why we would even think about wasting money on him is beyond me. If we had to play a target man i would rather play Renton, young, something to prove not someone whos just looking for a bit more money before retiring. [/quote]

Disagree.

Firstly, he had a good time at Spurs. It didn''t go so well at Wolves but I''m pretty sure he got about 40 goals for Spurs.

Secondly, he''s proven quality. Renton is a long way off this standard.

Thirdly, he''s experienced at both club level and international level and that can only help our fairly young squad.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]He is old and well past him prime. If he wasn''t he would still be playing for a good team. His previous exploits in England were not that productive. Why we would even think about wasting money on him is beyond me. If we had to play a target man i would rather play Renton, young, something to prove not someone whos just looking for a bit more money before retiring. [/quote]

Disagree.

Firstly, he had a good time at Spurs. It didn''t go so well at Wolves but I''m pretty sure he got about 40 goals for Spurs.

Thirdly, he''s experienced at both club level and international level and that can only help our fairly young squad.

[/quote]Agree with GJP [Y]Iversen is a player playing and scoring in the UEFA cup. His quality cannot be denied. At 32, he''s no spring chicken - but remind me how old a certain Dion Dublin was at the time of retirement?

Iversen have just had surgery on a knee and won''t be back in training before january/february.  No doubt that he''s a quality player, but considering his age and injury history it could be a risky signing.

[quote user="GJP"]

Disagree.

[/quote]40 goals,but you realise he was at Spurs for 7 years right?He may be free scoring in Norway but Scandinavian leagues are hardly of a high standard. He would be an appauling signing.

[quote user="iagzisacocker"][quote user="GJP"]

Disagree.

[/quote]
40 goals,but you realise he was at Spurs for 7 years right?

He may be free scoring in Norway but Scandinavian leagues are hardly of a high standard. He would be an appauling signing.
[/quote]

Exactly. Says it all doesn''t it?

Around 40 goals over 7 years at a big club like Spurs.

He didn''t play for them because he was useless. Wake up.

To be honest, Norwich is a much weaker team than Rosenborg. Todays Norwich  would struggle to finish top 10 in the Norwegian Eliteserie. Yes, I know Ipswich were beaten, but we have only won 6 of our 21 league games this season, and we still have to fight against relegation.Only a few players in todays Norwich squad (may be Marshall and Croft or Clingan) would be regular for Stabaek, the Norwegian Champions this season. The reason why Norwegian teams struggle in the European competitions is because their season is from April to October, and the final stages of the European cups is in the off-season for Norwegian teams. Iversen is not free scoring in Norway. He is a really good team player, he links up well with other strikers - tall or small. He is one of the best Norwegian players in the Norwegian league. (The best players in Norway are from Sweden, Iceland and Brazil...)  He has never been a goalgetter, he is more the target man and playmaker - a bit like Dion.It''s you, iagzisacocker, who needs to wake up. It''s 15 years since Norwich had a good team. And I have to say, it hurts to tell you this...

He scored 10 goals in 21 games this season. It''s a good goalscoring record, but I still have to say he is not only a goal scorer, but a hard working and playmaker type of player - combined with a role as a target man. For the record, the top scorer, Daniel Nannskog scored 22 goals (Swedish striker, 101 goals in 125 games...). Nannskog is 34 years old, but too good for Norwich I''m afraid...Anyway, I don''t think we will sign Iversen.

Yes i agree Iversen is not a target man, but instead a great reader of the game.

He is a talented player, and i do not want a target man anyway... we have great wingers so use them to run it down the line or feed it through to Lita. Noting worse than seeing defenders smash it for 6 up to a target man than only wins 3/10 balls

[quote user="iagzisacocker"][quote user="GJP"]

Disagree.

Thirdly, he''s experienced at both club level and international levelĀ and that can only help our fairly young squad.

[/quote]40 goals,but you realise he was at Spurs for 7 years right?He may be free scoring in Norway but Scandinavian leagues are hardly of a high standard. He would be an appauling signing.[/quote]

How many "scandanavian league" matches have you watched exactly? Do you know anything at all about Norway or are you just sprouting nonsense?

I am fed up of people on here deciding that entire countries they have never been to have a low standard of domestic football.

Yes, the English Premiership maybe the "best in the world" but we''re not in it.

Where do you think all the great scandanavian players, who graced the Premiership played before they got to England?

By the way, I do not think we should sign Iversen, this is simply a rant against ignorance, for your enjoyment.