Sign in to follow this  
Old Yeller

bambi

One of my pre-season duties is to feed next door''s tortoise while the neighbours are away on holiday. Today I found that they have delivered a very sub standard news sheet called the Sunday Times - it really isn''t anything like as good a read as The Pinkun.

Somewhere in the maze of separate sections - united only by their dullness - was something which appeared to be composed by a moderately intelligent 8 year old and which purported to be a Premiership preview. On flicking through it, it came as no surprise that the journo. predicted a 20th. place finish for Norwich next season - you would be seriously worried if a publication that was so badly written actually predicted something good for your team.

One aspect of the Norwich page which caught my attention was the comparison of Norwich to bambi. In an hysterical(!) running gag, the top analyists at the newspaper were comparing each Prem. team to a cartoon character (eg the Arse to Simba the lion king and west Brom to Kenny out of South Park because they are " going to get murdered every week".) Hilariously, the justification for comparing us to bambi was that we were "ripe for the slaughter". My sides nearly split.

but then it occurred to me that there might be something wrong with their analogy to a defenceless cuddly creature. I''ve never seen the film, but I had understood that it was bambi''s MUM who got shot.

What actually happens to bambi herself (hisself?) at the end of the picture? Could it be that the dimunative one actually triumphs unscathed over the forces of evil and wins the league by 8 points pulling away......?

While not wishing to ruin the movie for other posters, can anybody tell me if it ends in triumph or venison (and I don''t mean Barry).

*BEWARE - CONTAINS FILM SPOILER*

The film ends with Bambi becoming a wonderful stag and taking his place as the leader of his herd, if my memory serves me right. So, from a poor beginning and the need to learn quickly and ride his luck a bit, he emerges triumphant. Does that sound good enough for, say, a five or ten year plan maybe?

Who put the ''film spoiler'' thing at the top of my post, then, or am I typing things subconsciously now?

Sorry Pete! I would go and see it if I were you as my simplistic version doesn''t do it any justice whatsoever! Apologies again. (I''ve never seen the last ten minutes of ''The Silence of the Lambs'' - video tape came to the end! Can anyone help with that one?

DD, how can you leave me like that? You''re as bad as my knackered old videotape!!! Now please put me out of my misery!

Well Old Yeller feller, loved yer thread - but it has left me with a niggling question. If we are not Bambi, then which cartoon character should we be?

The Simpsons? Well, they are yellow after all... Do you think a young Hucks could pass for Bart, what with the haircut n all? Is Marge another Delia? Does that make Homer, Michael Wynn-Whatnot? Family values and all that...

Peanuts? Cause that is all we''re likely to get at Old Trafford in a few days, and will probably end up looking like a right load of Charlie Brown''s in the process?

Lord of the Rings? (It was a cartoon too!) Our brave little hobbits march into Mordor (read: Highbury) and defeat the Orc legions (read: Gooners) and topple the Kingdon of Sauron (Wenger), against all the odds. We even have our own Gandalf in 1st Wiz, plying his hexes for the cause...

Hmm...

Hang on Flick Fleck, In LOTR, Gandalf really does snuff it in the end, when he goes to Valinor with Frodo and the Elves!. Not sure I feel very comfortable with that comparrison my friend.

Wiz, even you must accept your destiny, o wise man of such splendid balls!

I am sure that you would willingly die for the cause if needs arose. Will you go that far to reassure me of our premiership status a year from now?

Go on... Pleeeeeeease... For the team...

I would do almost anything for the team FF, my friend, but die, hmm!. Then who would influence the game''s outcome eh?.

You just wait till Palace, you''re going to see some strange things as my potent Hex''s start to kick in, resulting in a fine City win, and Hucks get on the scoresheet.

Now if I died for the cause, however worthy it may be, who could promise you that?.

I know this sounds really bad from a fans point of view but.......

Babies mother could''ve been ipswich (who got shot about 7 times)
And norwich can be bambi.......

being the family of norfolk. Now the mother is dead (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!)
Norwich then rise up and control the clan of norfolk
(and the clan of england)
by overcoming over clans...........

is there a bambi 2????????

After a few days on spiritual retreat in Lowestoft, it seems to me that the cartoon character that NCFC most resembles is The Incredible Hulk; green, normally mild-mannered, but unstoppable when angry.

After a few minutes in contemplation after reading the last post, I have to say that I like the green thing going with the Hulk, but can''t quite buy into his angry streak. I''d rather go for the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles - green, skillfull, up for a laugh, and fight like a team...