Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Crofty and Other Contract Expiries

Now due to the fact that we have got a new squad every year for the past couple, we shouldnt have too many contract issues especially as we dont own many players.But I think I am right in thinking Croftys contract is up this summer?  Or do we have an option to extend?  Also Fozzys is as well - guessing he wont sign after losing captaincy and first team place.Spillanes is as well?  How is he doing at Luton?  Surely worth coming back?But my main point is, we need Crofty to sign on again, he has really learned his trade here over the past 3 seasons and is now more consistent and becoming a key threat for us, pushing Bell onto the right and forcing out Chadwick, we therefore have to get him to sign on.  We need to build a squad not spend our time replacing key players constantly!

[quote user="gissing canary"]Now due to the fact that we have got a new squad every year for the past couple, we shouldnt have too many contract issues especially as we dont own many players.
But I think I am right in thinking Croftys contract is up this summer?  Or do we have an option to extend?  Also Fozzys is as well - guessing he wont sign after losing captaincy and first team place.
Spillanes is as well?  How is he doing at Luton?  Surely worth coming back?
But my main point is, we need Crofty to sign on again, he has really learned his trade here over the past 3 seasons and is now more consistent and becoming a key threat for us, pushing Bell onto the right and forcing out Chadwick, we therefore have to get him to sign on.  We need to build a squad not spend our time replacing key players constantly!

[/quote]

Very good point, we should be talking to the key players who are out of contract this summer, now.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]croft likely to be atrracting interest aswell, if he is out of contract in the summer he can start talking to other clubs in just three weeks time![/quote]I think / hope he can only talk to foreign clubs then but can talk to others at the end of the year.  But yes the whole Fozzy and Doc saga this summer was a mistake, if key players are able to go on a free i think it forces the management to have to plan for that too, we dont wanna do that, we have 2 good right wingers, so we should be crossing that off as a position we need and focusing on forwards and defenders!

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

This has just appeared on Skysports.com. A host of clubs are tracking Norwich winger Lee Croft ahead of the January transfer window. Link here

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4615192,00.html

[/quote]Oh great, and we wouldnt be able to get more than about 500k!If the board wanna keep selling all our assets, then we need them contracted to even do so!

These are the ones out of contract in June

Fotheringham –

Chadwick –

Spillane –

Eagle –

Lappin –

Croft –

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

if any of them bid 500k he will be off lets face it   :-(

[/quote]I get the distinct impression Crofty could be one of those loyal type who would''nt wish to go anywhere.  Keep the faith.

[quote user="cityangel"]

These are the ones out of contract in June

Fotheringham –

Chadwick –

Spillane –

Eagle –

Lappin –

Croft –

[/quote]I forgot about Chadwick, Eagle and Lappin, though none of them are a real loss other than that I fell we could of sold Chadwick and Lappin last summer and got some much needed cash!Eagle - not sure what GR is doing there, gave him a new contract and has he even made the bench yet?

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]I''m worried that someone will poach Carl Cort[/quote]

A Doctor might.

[/quote]

Gordon Ramsay might if Delia doesn''t get there first - wonder what he tastes like with capers - Asda''s finest of course.