Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

croft being tracked by other clubs!!!

Amazing what a game will do. A month ago most of you wanted to lynch him.....

Blow with the wind.....

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]£2m for the lad - grab it and go...then bid £1 for campbell-rice???opinions???[/quote]I agree, but surely it''d take a bit more than pound.........

He was linked with Bolton and someone else this time last year. Try and get £2-3 million and I would sell him, providing Roeder gets most of the money to spend. I''m pretty sure Man City have a 15% sell-on clause aswell.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]Over him a 3 year contract and watch as he gets better[/quote]

Yep. Just like Chris Martin and David Nielsen.

just out of comment - surely 2-3m price is out the window seems he is available on a free in june he could technically sign a pre-contract with celtic in a months time for the summer

this is why barnsley had to sell howard for 500k when they wanted more money

I have always been a big fan of Croft even when many fellow City fans didn''t see the potential in him, he''s still only 23 and will get better and better, still needs to work on his final product but IMO we shouldn''t sell for anything less than 2.5m.

[quote user="The_Logitian"]Love Croft, probably my fave NCFC player and has been for a while, he always gives 100%. Please don''t sell him Roader!!
[/quote]

Out of Roeder''s hands.

He has had faith in Crofty and given him a run of games, previously, he has been in and out of the side and has never had a decent run. Roeder is using him as more than just an orthodox winger, and, with the run of games and confidence it has given him, Crofty is starting to look very good indeed, so its not a surprise he''s being tracked at all. But, if a bid comes in, we''ll likely accept it, even if it appears under the valuation we would hope to get-and who knows, the dreaded "sell on" clause might just be waiting to be activated?

But we can want to keep hold of him all we want, as can Roeder, but he won''t be the first player to go from under the Managers nose if he does, and most certainly not the last. Roeder has just said that clubs are wasting their time asking for a price re.Clingan, those in the boardroom will, no doubt, be thinking £££ signs already!

Let''s not let a player who loves this club leave, please please please - He cares about the mighty NCFC!!!

Love Crofts passion, his determination, his effort and his goal against Ipswich. But lets not get carried away. 1st thing he isn''t a premiership quality play 2nd he isn''t consistent or productive enough in this league over a full season and 3rd if anybody is prepared to offer anything in excess of £1m-£1.5m we should and most definitely  would rip their arm off.Yet again we are running the risk of getting carried away by one result and a player performing well in one match.

He''s 23 now...he is no longer a great prospect, and between the now and 28 should be his best years for a winger. What has pleased me more then anything this year is his work-rate despite his obvious poor natural fitness, he''s clearly had to work extremely hard on this and it''s now paying off. I have always thought he could be a good player for us and if he keeps improving were gonna struggle to hang onto him.However valuations anything above £1.5million for him are well-wide of the mark, what has he done to merit a completely unbiased view of that price?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Love Crofts passion, his determination, his effort and his goal against Ipswich. But lets not get carried away. 1st thing he isn''t a premiership quality play 2nd he isn''t consistent or productive enough in this league over a full season and 3rd if anybody is prepared to offer anything in excess of £1m-£1.5m we should and most definitely  would rip their arm off.

Yet again we are running the risk of getting carried away by one result and a player performing well in one match.

[/quote]

Yeah - but that''s precisely why we are struggling against relegation to the old Div 3!! If you keep selling your best players you will, ultimately, only go in one direction.

Every player has his price but unless Croft is seriously wanting away in the summer then we need to drive a very hard bargain, financial crisis or no financial crisis. Remember who Ashton and Earnie were replaced by (or should I say ''not replaced by''!). It would be a serious loss to a pitifully thin squad to let Croft go.   

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

sky sports reporting blackburn, west brom, birmingham, wolves and preston are after lee croft and are set to bid in january.

ffs reder offer the lad a new contract now!!!

please dont leave crofty your going to be idolised here by many, and you know you are a fans favourite!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

beware the spin!

I also read an article in the Wroxham and Bealugh Parish magazine that the Yachtsmen are watching Crofty ,as their ''A'' team are currently bottom of the Anglain Combination and on the basis that he''s a nice lad and runs round alot plus, he assists Bell at set pieces by picking up or touching the ball before being shown how to cross a ball.  

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]I have always been a big fan of Croft even when many fellow City fans didn''t see the potential in him, he''s still only 23 and will get better and better, still needs to work on his final product but IMO we shouldn''t sell for anything less than 2.5m.[/quote]

[url]http://www.nonstick.com/wsounds/theme.au[/url]

Jemal Campbell ryce is the best winger in the league in my opinion i think the lad is the closest thing to darren huckerby we will see here! i remember when he played for southend against us he looked so dangerous everytime he got the ball and i said at the time we should get him

[quote user="Scotty121"]Jemal Campbell ryce is the best winger in the league in my opinion i think the lad is the closest thing to darren huckerby we will see here! i remember when he played for southend against us he looked so dangerous everytime he got the ball and i said at the time we should get him[/quote]spot on scotty - i too was taken by him, looked like a lad with tons of potential that night - a little pocket rocket, and barnsley snapped him up cheap, make no mistake...getting better all the time///

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]I like Croft, but anything more than £1m would be a superb bit of business.[/quote]Yep, I like him but agree with this - but I think we paid £750k for him so we should try to double our money at least.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Love Crofts passion, his determination, his effort and his goal against Ipswich. But lets not get carried away. 1st thing he isn''t a premiership quality play 2nd he isn''t consistent or productive enough in this league over a full season and 3rd if anybody is prepared to offer anything in excess of £1m-£1.5m we should and most definitely  would rip their arm off.Yet again we are running the risk of getting carried away by one result and a player performing well in one match.[/quote][Y] Totally right. One wonder goal and he''s the best thing since sliced bread. Fact is, Croft is very inconsistent and his final ball remains very poor. Let''s not forget we paid £700k for the lad and probably owe Man City a portion of any profit. I think £1.5mil - £2mil and I''d be tempted.