Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Gareth Mccauley

Hillarious....Leroy Lita ran up to the referee when we won the free kick before our 2nd goal, to tell him Mccauley was bleeding. And to my delight the referee as you saw forced him off, however what made my day was Mccauley wandering round to the side, and having to watch from the side, 5 yards from me as we scored a 2nd...cue massive celebrations, and the complete joy of waztching Mccauley have a paddy right in front of me.....

....PRICELESS!!!

I hope someone has taking a picture of his face at this precise moment, it would be my wallpaper for sure...Perhaps Lita should store a small pot of jam in his pocket next time and ''accidentally'' wipe some on the centre-defenders face before free-kicks and corners, making sure to point out the ''blood on the face'' to the ref as he did today.

[quote user="jetstream"]Just heard Magilton on the radio moaning about how unfair it was to have a player off the pitch at that moment. :o)[/quote]

He didn''t sound very gracious in defeat did he? What penalty was he moaning about? we outplayed them, deserved to win, end of.

Speaking of amusing faces, did anyone see Roeder''s face when Crofty put us ahead? He looked like a little girl that had just been given a pony for christmas! Priceless.

One of the Sky commentators did say something about his camp celebrations.Don''t think he will thank them for that!

[quote user="Troy27"]Leroy deserves an assist for the goal, he sprinted 25yards to tell the ref. What a man, what a game.[/quote]Whether or not Leroy stays here, that''s going to make a minor derby-day legend for a while

[quote user="jetstream"]Just heard Magilton on the radio moaning about how unfair it was to have a player off the pitch at that moment.

:o)[/quote]To be fair, it is a completely stupid rule, and against anyone other than Ippo (except maybe Wolves!) I''d have had a certain amount of sympathy for the opposition. Today, however, as soon as I realised what Lita had done and that McAuley was going to be off the pitch for the free-kick, I was just willing the ball into the net!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]One of the Sky commentators did say something about his camp celebrations.Don''t think he will thank them for that!
[/quote]

Erm do you not know who Darren Eadie is?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]One of the Sky commentators did say something about his camp celebrations.Don''t think he will thank them for that![/quote]

Erm do you not know who Darren Eadie is?

[/quote]Yes, I just have a cr*p memory!

Doesn''t like playing against Norwich... seem to remember him scoring a couple of own goals for us in his time with Leicester.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="jetstream"]Just heard Magilton on the radio moaning about how unfair it was to have a player off the pitch at that moment. :o)[/quote]
To be fair, it is a completely stupid rule, and against anyone other than Ippo (except maybe Wolves!) I''d have had a certain amount of sympathy for the opposition. Today, however, as soon as I realised what Lita had done and that McAuley was going to be off the pitch for the free-kick, I was just willing the ball into the net!
[/quote]

I absolutely disagree. How would you like someones blood splattered on you going up for a header? Doctors and ambulance men have protection in the form of gloves so why shouldn''t sportsmen. It happens in rugby but they just go off and get it sorted.

There could be aids or hepatitus or a multitude of unsavory things in a Town players claret!

[quote user="ridgeman"]He reallly gave the fourth official a gob full when he wasnt allowed back onto the pitch. Why he wasnt booked I,ll never know but the goal certainly made up for that.[/quote]

He should have been booked for his reaction. The rule is actually fair and has been around for a while now, the only reason the scum were unhappy is becuase Lita grassed GM up, he was caught out!

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="jetstream"]Just heard Magilton on the radio moaning about how unfair it was to have a player off the pitch at that moment. :o)[/quote]To be fair, it is a completely stupid rule, and against anyone other than Ippo (except maybe Wolves!) I''d have had a certain amount of sympathy for the opposition. Today, however, as soon as I realised what Lita had done and that McAuley was going to be off the pitch for the free-kick, I was just willing the ball into the net![/quote]

I absolutely disagree. How would you like someones blood splattered on you going up for a header? Doctors and ambulance men have protection in the form of gloves so why shouldn''t sportsmen. It happens in rugby but they just go off and get it sorted.

There could be aids or hepatitus or a multitude of unsavory things in a Town players claret!

[/quote]Yeah the rule is clear. Thing is I think he might have let him back on for the free kick if he had not made such a fuss about going off in the first place.

Great moment, the blood was very small and when he wiped his face, the blood came off. It was a small amount but we know the rules.

I wonder how long Lita knew McCauley had blood on his face and was just waiting for the ideal moment to point it out to the ref.  It''s possible that he could have known about it for some time and when we were awarded the free-kick in an ideal location, Lita decided then to execute his master plan...

well done Leroy :-)

[quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="jetstream"]Just heard Magilton on the radio moaning about how unfair it was to have a player off the pitch at that moment. :o)[/quote]
To be fair, it is a completely stupid rule, and against anyone other than Ippo (except maybe Wolves!) I''d have had a certain amount of sympathy for the opposition. Today, however, as soon as I realised what Lita had done and that McAuley was going to be off the pitch for the free-kick, I was just willing the ball into the net!
[/quote]

[/quote]

In fact, it would be surprising if there wasn''t..............

Mark .Y.

[quote user="king canary"]

Yeah the rule is clear. Thing is I think he might have let him back on for the free kick if he had not made such a fuss about going off in the first place.
[/quote]

If a player leaves the pitch for treatment he can''t return until the ball is in play,so there was no way he could get back on for the free kick, hence the dummy spitting in the first place.Shame[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Yeah the rule is clear. Thing is I think he might have let him back on for the free kick if he had not made such a fuss about going off in the first place.
[/quote]

If a player leaves the pitch for treatment he can''t return until the ball is in play,so there was no way he could get back on for the free kick, hence the dummy spitting in the first place.Shame[:D]

[/quote]

That is a wonderful picture in your avatar isn''t it Mr B!!

LMFAO!

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Ween_Nasty"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="jetstream"]Just heard Magilton on the radio moaning about how unfair it was to have a player off the pitch at that moment. :o)[/quote]To be fair, it is a completely stupid rule, and against anyone other than Ippo (except maybe Wolves!) I''d have had a certain amount of sympathy for the opposition. Today, however, as soon as I realised what Lita had done and that McAuley was going to be off the pitch for the free-kick, I was just willing the ball into the net![/quote]

[/quote]Yeah the rule is clear. Thing is I think he might have let him back on for the free kick if he had not made such a fuss about going off in the first place.[/quote]Sorry, didn''t explain myself well enough first time around. It''s absolutely right that a player who''s bleeding should be made to leave the field, not disputing that. What irks me is when a player is injured by a nasty foul, and then his team has to take the resulting set piece with one fewer player. That effectively penalises the team who have been sinned against.

Not that I am complaining but should our second goal have happened I wonder ? AFTER the ref blew his whistle to re-commence the game i.e. for the free kick to be taken, Croft patted the ball on the ground with both hands ! Surely, that''s handball !

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is a wonderful picture in your avatar isn''t it Mr B!!

LMFAO!

[/quote]

I''m thinking about having it made into a Christmas card and sending it to all my Suffolk based clients!!!!

The wife and I stayed in the Nelson on Saturday and I was chatting to two Ipswich supporters over breakfast who were giving it large. Strangely when we went to the car afterwards,who should we bump into in the car park? Schadenfreude feels so good sometimes![:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="Lord Snooty "]

Not that I am complaining but should our second goal have happened I wonder ? AFTER the ref blew his whistle to re-commence the game i.e. for the free kick to be taken, Croft patted the ball on the ground with both hands ! Surely, that''s handball !

[/quote]

Lord Snooty you can relax. The ball is only in play after the ball is kicked. Law 13.

Lord Snooty you can relax. The ball is only in play after the ball is kicked. Law 13.

Thanks for clearing that up GPB

[/quote]

Actually its not a stupid rule, its to prevent any blood transmission from one player to another (should there be a cut on the second player) and prevent the risk of passing AIDS etc.

With all this talk of rules and health risks i think we are all missing the point here. It was Hilarious! Comes a close 2nd to the Binners being awarded a penalty only to have it taken away moments later!

It was comedy that it was Lita''s head that McAuley headbutted, mintues before the FK.

I rewound Sky + to try and see when it happened, it wasnt within the 3 minutes before the goal...

I think Crofts ''magic hand rub'' did the trick ;)