Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Farlie

Carl Court

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="wayne kerr"][quote user="we8wba"]

poor poor poor canaries

have fun

[/quote]

isn`t sammy clingan also a wolves reject ?  if cort turns out anything like sammy then bring it on [:D]

[/quote]

to be fair i didnt rate clingan and he still wouldnt do job for us. but he re-built his career and built his way up which is fair credit to the lad and now he shining.

but he had youth on his side.

carl cort just a lazy git who wont jump. falls over with slightest touch. moans and groans all day about so called fouls made on him which no one spots.

dont judge him after 2 or 3 games. love to see your answers when he played 10-12 games im sure majority will agree with me then.

[/quote]

load of bollox! i can gurantee he would improve any team in this division including yam yams sat at the top. the boy is really adapting to this league and is becoming a class act

say mid febuary

carl cort starts 10+ games in that spell give me your honest verdict than yes

theres always a reason behind the song

Carl Cort''s picture on the Club''s website, from his days at Leicester, when their sponsor was Topps Tiles.

Sums it up perfectly, cheap and nasty [:(]

Fingers crossed that we8wba is wrong, but, given that he''s regularly seen the bloke play, I imagine his assessment is unfortunately going to prove pretty accurate.

lincoln im not going to take the bait mate

we have two out top three scorers in the league. our midfield of henry and jones is fairly good in this league which clingan wouldnt budge even with edwards on the bench. good player still clingan

now lets keep this norwich related from now seems iv given you your answer which you keep asking for

[quote user="Grando"]Fingers crossed that we8wba is wrong, but, given that he''s regularly seen the bloke play, I imagine his assessment is unfortunately going to prove pretty accurate.[/quote]

He cant shoot from distance where he got his goals for us is those low crosses into the box in between the keeper and the defence. you put the right balls in then he may hit the right areas

but as all round striker he pretty much useless to be honest

[quote user="CT "]

Why cant we just giving the bloke a chance?

We thought Sibi was going to be good when he first came and look how wrong we were!

GIVE CORT A CHANCE!

[/quote]

Give, even [:$]

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

Carl Cort''s picture on the Club''s website, from his days at Leicester, when their sponsor was Topps Tiles.

[/quote]

err......it still is Topps Tiles.

[quote user="we8wba"]

lincoln im not going to take the bait mate

we have two out top three scorers in the league. our midfield of henry and jones is fairly good in this league which clingan wouldnt budge even with edwards on the bench. good player still clingan

now lets keep this norwich related from now seems iv given you your answer which you keep asking for

[/quote]

bait taken!

[quote user="Fonejacker"][quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[/quote]

err......it still is Topps Tiles.

[/quote]

And Topps Tiles are still a cheap and nasty option, just like Carl Cort

As long as we have signed Carl Cort on some sort of pay as you play contract, the risk of signing him on a short term deal is negligible.

I can’t believe that NCFC would be dumb enough to structure his contract any other way.

Good luck to Carl Cort, and I hope he does well for us.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="wayne kerr"][quote user="we8wba"]

poor poor poor canaries

have fun

[/quote]

isn`t sammy clingan also a wolves reject ?  if cort turns out anything like sammy then bring it on [:D]

[/quote]

to be fair i didnt rate clingan and he still wouldnt do job for us. but he re-built his career and built his way up which is fair credit to the lad and now he shining.

but he had youth on his side.

carl cort just a lazy git who wont jump. falls over with slightest touch. moans and groans all day about so called fouls made on him which no one spots.

dont judge him after 2 or 3 games. love to see your answers when he played 10-12 games im sure majority will agree with me then.

[/quote]Ahh no. Looks like we''ve got a wolves fan playing for us.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Ok so we are signing Carl Cort. It looks like the rumours about him hanging around Morrisons might actually be true.

However I do have some concerns. How does Cort fit in right now? We have switched to a 4-5-1 and it seems to work for us. I just jope Roeder is now not going switch back to 4-4-2 just to accomodate Cort.

Of course my wish is for Cort to be backup for Lita and a player who can play up front on his own. It may be an option for Reading, when Lita can''t play.

Plz Roeder stick with 4-5-1.[/quote]Absolutly spot on Jim.I hope this doesn''t mean we have no chance of keeping Lita past this month.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]His name is a legend on this message board, so I have to give him a chance if only for that.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly!

Finally proof that Roeder must read this messageboard! [:O]  Because to be honest I don''t think anyone saw this one coming.

I''m prepared to give him a chance and will happily "eat humble pie" if he proves me wrong. However, I think he''ll be more John Hartson than Dion Dublin [:(] 

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="Grando"]Fingers crossed that we8wba is wrong, but, given that he''s regularly seen the bloke play, I imagine his assessment is unfortunately going to prove pretty accurate.[/quote]

He cant shoot from distance where he got his goals for us is those low crosses into the box in between the keeper and the defence. you put the right balls in then he may hit the right areas

[/quote]

shouldn''t you be at home scrawling in crayon ''uve let us down agin'' (sic) on a bedsheet in preparation for your inevitable 3rd place finish and bottle job in the playoffs.

This is brilliant - the asda rumour became such an urban legend it is untrue and now we go and sign him 5 odd years down the line.I read this thread and didnt believe it at all but just checked OS and it is, priceless.For what its worth i think he''ll at least do a job for us and at 6''4 he gives us another option to the very disappointing Sibi - should be interesting.Best of luck and welcome Mr Carl Cort (Cant believe im saying that after all these years!!)

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

shouldn''t you be at home scrawling in crayon ''uve let us down agin'' (sic) on a bedsheet in preparation for your inevitable 3rd place finish and bottle job in the playoffs.

[/quote]

no need to be jealous mate

One thing that did stand out was how many crosses we got into the box at the weekend and that there was no one able to finish them off.  With Croft and Bell on the wings there will always be reasonable service into the box.  Hopefully Cort with his height can at least cause a bit of panic.

So, with the might CC (the new DD?) in the squad....who drops to the bench? Hooly?

[quote user="MPR"]So, with the might CC (the new DD?) in the squad....who drops to the bench? Hooly?[/quote]

That''s my concern and that it will lead to the back four lumping it up again! Oh well, you have been warned.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

smacks of desperation....a poor signing of a player who is clearly past it- after all Leicester released him and they are hardly flooded with quality.

[/quote]

didn''t Dion Dublin come from leicester too? he was out of contract there and many people moaned on his arrival but he went on the become a great purchase.

He''ll stick with how things are, but there''ll be times when Hooly gets kicked out of the game (tomorrow night, for starters) and he''ll use Cort as a stronger substitute option. Good to have him on board though - Sib is not a striker and should not have been used as such. It gave us too much of a long ball get out clause which never worked anyway.

Keep it low, and all that..

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

smacks of desperation....a poor signing of a player who is clearly past it- after all Leicester released him and they are hardly flooded with quality.

[/quote]

didn''t Dion Dublin come from leicester too? he was out of contract there and many people moaned on his arrival but he went on the become a great purchase.

[/quote]

no came from celtic

carl cort hasnt come from leicester either but marbella

which carl cort obviously signed for to improve his career

I suppose it''s a no-lose deal really, he''s free, unlikely to be on big wages due to his recent history, can''t be much worse than Sibierski and he used to be a very good striker and at 31 may be able to rediscover some of his old form. At 6ft4 he gives us another option, with 2 out and out wingers playing lately we''ve been putting in lots of crosses but with nobody to put them in, now we have somebody who might do and somebody who could come off the bench and enable us to move to plan b. I suspect we''ll see him on the bench on wednesday