Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Farlie

Carl Court

He''s no Heskey but if he is coming here to do the sort of job that Heskey does for Wigan, then he''s more than welcome.

His arrival must mean Sib is not staying-sensible if that is the case, his signing has been a disappointing one-but then what is Sib, midfielder, striker, does even he know?

Cort didn''t have a club and at least should have a bit of motivation to do well and impress here, Sib always knew he had his contract at Wigan, albeit for only a little longer. So I''ll take Cort above Sib for now and hope he does well for us.Like others, I do hope it doesn''t mean the end of the 4-4-1-1, which looks like it could work well, nor does it mean humping the ball long and high to him from Doc/Marshall etc. Crofty seems to be coming into his own as a regular now and hope that continues, his slightly more free role would evaporate if his instructions were just to get balls and crosses into the box for "the big man" -he''s more a player than that.

Good luck CC and welcome

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Ok so we are signing Carl Cort. It looks like the rumours about him hanging around Morrisons might actually be true.

However I do have some concerns. How does Cort fit in right now? We have switched to a 4-5-1 and it seems to work for us. I just jope Roeder is now not going switch back to 4-4-2 just to accomodate Cort.

Of course my wish is for Cort to be backup for Lita and a player who can play up front on his own. It may be an option for Reading, when Lita can''t play.

Plz Roeder stick with 4-5-1.[/quote]3-5-2?Marshal,Omozusi, Doherty, KennedyCroft/Semmi, Pattison, Hoolahan, Clingan, BertrandCort, LitaHoolahan playing just behind the front two. I think what it does is give us options.

Oh well that was a shocker lol I know GR said he had something up his sleeve, lmfao CC, could well do a decent job being a big guy, gotta give the lad a chance.

Welcome to NCFC Carl.

I might just have to change my signature after all these years, who would have thought it?

I wont pretend that my initial reaction wasnt to laugh out loud at this...but Sib has done nothing since signing. At least Roeder has had Cort on trial, unlike Troy A-H, so he should know a bit about him and why not give him a go? He wont be match fit so he''ll be on the bench rather than starting, meaning that we''ll keep the 4-4-1-1 at least for the time being. I just hope this doesnt impact any chances of signing Lita

show yellows - im almost certain you feel the same way in 4months time though [;)]

good luck yellows

well its only untill the end of the season,s if he''s rubbish then we havent got any long term contract to worry about.

free player, has the potential, why not?

I''m slightly bemused by this signing. How many strikers is that on the books now and how many of those strikers have faces that no longer fit?Koroma? Is he still there?Lupoli - a token two seconds in the local derbyCureton - away on loan at Barnsley(?) - a face that no longer fitMartin - out on loanSibierskiLitaSo Cureton is the only player that we can truly call our own.Any junior talent coming through?

[quote user="we8wba"]

no need to be jealous mate

[/quote]

It''s impossible to be jealous of a Wolves fan, just impossible. You could be top of the Premier and in the Champions League final, but no one would be jealous.

good luck carl,hope it works out,just dont like the way glenn does things like this, i was really hoping for a bigger name. never mind i think hes a replacement for lita.

To be honest its underwhelming but olets give him a chance. Provided the contract has been structured sensibly (and given his injury record i would be amazed if it isn''t) then its a no lose situation. he will be hungry to show he can still do it. If he can then we have got a bargain. if he can''t then we hopefully won''t have wasted a lot of money. It gives us the tragetman option that sibs so clearly is not. I exepect he will be on the bench to start off with although may get a run out at reading with Lita unable to play.

My only caveat is that i share the concerns expressed above about changing our style just as we''ve found a way of accomodating Hooly in the side and started playing some good stuff again. Given Roeder''s comments about Hoolahan this week I can''t believe he''s stupid enough to change what looks like a winning formula and hopefully therefore Cort up front with Lita will be plan B and not plan A. Can''t help feel a little sorry for Lupoli as well though!

where does lupoli fit into all this. i really hope he gets to start at reading next week, every time i see him play he has been class, if we play like we did 1st half wednesday and all game against ipswich then lups will be able to slot straight in for lita, and ill be far happier with that then play cort or sibs

[quote user="we8wba"]

lincoln im not going to take the bait mate

we have two out top three scorers in the league. our midfield of henry and jones is fairly good in this league which clingan wouldnt budge even with edwards on the bench. good player still clingan

now lets keep this norwich related from now seems iv given you your answer which you keep asking for

[/quote]goals wise he did ok for you chaps though didn''t he??? can''t have been that bad!!! i''m just pleased we haven''t gone for george ndah aswell!

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="wayne kerr"][quote user="we8wba"]

poor poor poor canaries

have fun

[/quote]

isn`t sammy clingan also a wolves reject ?  if cort turns out anything like sammy then bring it on [:D]

[/quote]

to be fair i didnt rate clingan and he still wouldnt do job for us. but he re-built his career and built his way up which is fair credit to the lad and now he shining.

but he had youth on his side.

carl cort just a lazy git who wont jump. falls over with slightest touch. moans and groans all day about so called fouls made on him which no one spots.

dont judge him after 2 or 3 games. love to see your answers when he played 10-12 games im sure majority will agree with me then.

[/quote]have you seen sibierski? i have seen enough from that lazy french communist to know cort is worth a chance.

[quote user="Jameswallis"][quote user="we8wba"]

we have two out top three scorers in the league. our midfield of henry and jones is fairly good in this league which clingan wouldnt budge even with edwards on the bench. good player still clingan

now lets keep this norwich related from now seems iv given you your answer which you keep asking for

[/quote]

goals wise he did ok for you chaps though didn''t he??? can''t have been that bad!!! i''m just pleased we haven''t gone for george ndah aswell!
[/quote]

Can''t understand that, he had his best spell in his career for them. I don''t think we8wba was allowed to go to games then so probably has never seen hin play.

I don''t beleive it!

This guy has been a legend of the pink un message board for years and years, and finally after all the Asda rumours he''s finally here!

I still think Ameobi will make an appearance in January too, for what its worth.

I don''t think it is We8Wba, not his style. Just another numpty black country boy using the id on this board cause no one takes him serious on a Wolves baord.

[quote user="we8wba"]he wasnt called bambi for no reason[/quote]And your are not called  a big headed,know it all message board troll for nothing.................................ha ha ha ha ha..........now sod off!

[quote user="Jameswallis"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

goals wise he did ok for you chaps though didn''t he??? can''t have been that bad!!! i''m just pleased we haven''t gone for george ndah aswell!
[/quote]

goal wise he was ok, he was fairly dry until he hit very hot patch of about 10 in 10. the bloke is waste of space. hope im wrong for you guys. but as i said he built size nba player, cant jump/head a ball pretty poor shooting outside of penalty spot. majority of his goals were tap ins from crosses i.e ball between defender and goalkeeper

personally he was rubbish back then but what he going be like 3-4 years on without really playing

How funny....  how how how funny! 

Picture the scene; its Saturday and some poor sod actually sees Carl Cort somewhere around the ground chatting with Roeder, he removes a large pen from his pocket and begins to write on a large piece of paper upon which is clearly written the word ''CONTRACT''.

The unfortunate witness rushes to his PC, logs on to the Pinkun and begins to type eager to share his news.... cue absolute carnage!!!

He would have been crucified!!!

I could not care less how injury prone or rubbish he is - this has made my day.  Roeder must be a comedy genius.

[quote user="we8wba"]on the other hand a fit george ndah was god - ledge he is[/quote]

Just like to point out that this cretin is not the real w8wba. I dont really like the real one but this pillock is an imposter. Check the info-the real w8wba Joined on 16/06/2007 Posts 4,085, this turd has less than 50 posts.