Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers

I''m off to Italy this week for

Napoli vs Siena - HOME WIN

Napoli are unbeaten at home with five wins and a draw so far and thirteen goals scored. Siena have lost five out of their seven away games so far scoring only five goals.

Good luck Yankee.

Yes you lovely old Pickers keep those "naps" coming in, lets give the lovely Yankee something to think about,  for my "nap" this week I am off to Holland to bring you A Z Alkmaar who are in a rich vain of form at the moment, so its A Z Alkmaar for me.  Good luck all....arrdee.

In an effort to stop my losing run of 3 naps i am joining the bandwagon that is Man Utd to beat Sunderland.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Looks like Roy Keane has backed Man Utd also.....[/quote]

Love loyalty in football, I always sight this bloke as an example....

"I will never play for Manchester Utd"

Of Course you won''t Alan.

Going to have to be Rangers to beat Hamilton for me, after my two most recent naps have let me down I need to get back in to form hopefully this will do the trick.

Good Luck Yankee Canary!

Well then Yankee, must say I feel very humble trying to advise the hero of PUPs on what to pick, but I will be bold and try to put you on to a veritable nugget of gold, (or lead maybe, ha ha !)

I would probably have gone for Man Utd for a home win, but about three hundred have already suggested that and I do like to find a little bargain when I can.

My bargain is 3rd from bottom Morton in Scots div1, they are 5/4 to beat 3rd from top Partick.

This may seem lopsided at first glance but to my way of thinking they are the form team in their league. Bear in mind they failed to win the first nine games of the season, which has contributed to their current lowly position, However they have since won five out of six including an away win against 2nd place Dunfermiline ! Whilst oponents Partick Thistle have lost their last four away games on the trot.

I''ll understand if you don''t pick this one Yankee but if you do 5/4 will definately boost the winning total.

Scots div 1, Greenock Morton v Partick Thistle, HOME WIN, nap

Good Luck Yankee mate !

Greetings PUPs [&]

Yankee is indeed a hero of the Free Bet and the founder member of our Hall Of Fame. We salute you Yankee and as Gentleman Jim rightly points out I also feel humble offering you advice on your final selections.

I am on my worst run ever and have dropped off that leaderboard that I maintain! In my attempts to get back and having looked long and hard over Europe my very best nap this week is a return to one of my failures. A couple of weeks ago Salzburg (who had won all their home games) let me down at home to a side who hadn''t won away. that 5-2 reverse was the most surprising result I have had against me in all the time I have taken part in this. But I firmly believe that lightening won''t strike twice in the same part of Austria and Salzburg got back to winning ways 4-2 away from home last week.

Salzburg at home: W9 D0 L1 F34 A12  SV Ried away: W1 D2 L7 F8 A19

Salzburg v SV Ried    Home Win

Back to the conference this week. York should have too much for Grays. York home record.....

3 6 1 12 8.....Grays away.....0 0 10 3 18.....So.....

York v Grays Athletic.....Home win.

Good luck Yankee.  [Y]

Seing as Arrdee is holding my hand this week I''d better go with him to Holand and go for.........

Breda v ADO Den Haag  and go with Breda   HOME WIN.

Good luck this week.[Y]

[quote user="arrdee"]Yes you lovely old Pickers keep those "naps" coming in, lets give the lovely Yankee something to think about,  for my "nap" this week I am off to Holland to bring you A Z Alkmaar who are in a rich vain of form at the moment, so its A Z Alkmaar for me.  Good luck all....arrdee.[/quote]you like the ole dutch boys don''t you ray??? usually produce the goods for you 2!!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

The Scottish Prem again this week for my nap.

And the one that stands out for me is -

Rangers vs Hamilton home win.

Good luck[:)][Y]

[/quote]yep, and you always have a least one standing out nbs!!!

Now you lovely old Pickers I will take this opportunity to bring you my plans of what I intend to do after the season finishes, this will involve the top 5 pickers in our league, I will ask those 5 pickers to make their selections of which teams they think will win the Prem, Championship, Div 1, Div 2 Blue Square and Scottish Prem, next season, 6 results which is our norm, Now the next part is Important I don''t want those 5 pickers posting their selections on the board I will ask them to e-mail them to me because I don''t want anyone using others ideas I don''t want Pickers changing their teams, remember you got to being the top 5 Pickers on your own, this of course disqualifies myself even if I was lucky enough to finish in the top 5 because I will have access to the selections.I will then put them on with Dixmar Racing and post them on the board and how much we stand to win.

I think you realise what this means that we have the Free Bet for another season,  in fact Billy Dixons words were "As long as you are alive Ray the Free Bet is yours" how about that then you lovely old Pickers? What have you got to say about that then? Please forgive me I am just a bit excited....[:D]....arrdee.  

Okay gang, it''s time for this weeks selections. My own nap is Olympiakos to beat Levadiakos.

I really have looked at all of your selections very carefully before settling on:

Manchester United to beat Sunderland

Rangers to beat Hamilton

Histon to beat Woking

Olympiakos to beat Levadiakos

NAC Breda to beat ADO Den Haag

Alkmaar to beat SC Heracles Almelo

First of all, thanks to everyone for their selections and good wishes. Good luck to all of you even if you did not make the cut here.

Now, even if successful I take no pride in the final selections as, at a rough guess, it would yield two pounds three shillings and fourpence ha''penny. Given some of the crazy results during the past few weeks it was easy to avoid teams like Arsenal and their occasional defensive frailties ( who will likely be without Gallas ) against Wigan ( who are unbeaten in five and will have Zaki back....a real menace ).

If I had to pick a banana skin in the above group it would be Histon against Woking. A home win looks on the cards but Woking, for a team that scores as few goals as they do, have a heck of a defensive record compared to others near the bottom of the division. They tend to keep games tight. It was easy to go with the selections from Inchy and Arrdee for obvious reasons.

Also, at the risk of putting egg on my face, I make particular comment to Gorleston Jim who, with his selection of Morton over Partick was genuinely attempting to persuade me to go for a little more risk to yield a few sheckels more. I did look carefully Jim. What left me unconvinced was that looking at the last three home victories for Morton ( all against teams at the bottom end ) versus the last three away defeats for Partick ( were against the other three top teams in the division ). It was a toss-up Jim....a yield of fish and chips or caviar. I went for fish and chips.We shall see.

P.S: There''s a lot of posters I notice who are making public announcements of their birthdays ( and their desire for victory ) around the Ipswich match. It is also my birthday today as I make these selections so let''s hope for success on all fronts with Norwich leading the parade.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Okay gang, it''s time for this weeks selections. My own nap is Olympiakos to beat Levadiakos.

I really have looked at all of your selections very carefully before settling on:

Manchester United to beat Sunderland

Rangers to beat Hamilton

Histon to beat Woking

Olympiakos to beat Levadiakos

NAC Breda to beat ADO Den Haag

Alkmaar to beat SC Heracles Almelo

First of all, thanks to everyone for their selections and good wishes. Good luck to all of you even if you did not make the cut here.

Now, even if successful I take no pride in the final selections as, at a rough guess, it would yield two pounds three shillings and fourpence ha''penny. Given some of the crazy results during the past few weeks it was easy to avoid teams like Arsenal and their occasional defensive frailties ( who will likely be without Gallas ) against Wigan ( who are unbeaten in five and will have Zaki back....a real menace ).

If I had to pick a banana skin in the above group it would be Histon against Woking. A home win looks on the cards but Woking, for a team that scores as few goals as they do, have a heck of a defensive record compared to others near the bottom of the division. They tend to keep games tight. It was easy to go with the selections from Inchy and Arrdee for obvious reasons.

Also, at the risk of putting egg on my face, I make particular comment to Gorleston Jim who, with his selection of Morton over Partick was genuinely attempting to persuade me to go for a little more risk to yield a few sheckels more. I did look carefully Jim. What left me unconvinced was that looking at the last three home victories for Morton ( all against teams at the bottom end ) versus the last three away defeats for Partick ( were against the other three top teams in the division ). It was a toss-up Jim....a yield of fish and chips or caviar. I went for fish and chips.We shall see.

P.S: There''s a lot of posters I notice who are making public announcements of their birthdays ( and their desire for victory ) around the Ipswich match. It is also my birthday today as I make these selections so let''s hope for success on all fronts with Norwich leading the parade.

[/quote]

Well done Yankee, I feel we are in with a heck of a shout this week, I will be putting your selections on in the morning and I hope you are pleased with the latest news from the Free Bet desk, all the very best on your birthday Clyde[^] [B][B]....arrdee. 

The picks look sound Yankee, I''m sure you can complete the hat trick this weekend and win FONCY some more money.

The end of season challenge looks great RD, although I think I need to string a long run together to be in contention!