Sign in to follow this  
Temp the Revelator

Captain Canary or Splat the Cat - you decide!

Splat at home games, Cpt. at away games. Then again it is splat (Haven''t u noticed that?)

But i must say, mascots often seem 2 b bits of clowns. For this reason im voting JOE ROYLE

Mr Carrow has a point - are CC and Splat upto Premiership mascot duties? I think an experienced foreign signing is called for. What''s the Euro 2004 mascot doing now? - must be on a Bosman and did well over the summer.

I''ve already seen him in Asda - on all kinds of branded merchandise! Sign him up! :-)

Well, I think this is a disgrace - both the Captain and Splat have served us brilliantly, and now deserve their chance in the spotlight. I say give it until the January transfer window, then if they''re not working out, bring in a replacement.......

asda? i thought it was morrisons!

Along with Van Nistlerooy, who is atempting to get the horse mascot at ips**ch

Realistically, neither are going to be consistent premiership performers. CC''s lack of pace will leave him exposed as he will not cope getting around to see all the kids who need photos in the top flight. Splat''s lack of height and stature will leave him vunerable to mockery himself in forthcoming mischievous situations with more experienced premiership away fans at FCR.

Both have been great servants and played their part in the club getting promoted. However it is time to move on and sign some real quality or these two great performers will be the seen as scapegoats if the worst occurs...

Remember there is a gulf in quality between the First Division and Premiership mascots and I fear Splat and CC will be shown up week in, week out!

I fear you may have been overcome by the heat DL! Splat the Cat will be like Francis this season, and step up to make the grade with ease, you mark my words.......just like Charlton, lack of height is not going to be a problem, and he already has stature a-plenty!

Likewise Temp, I fear for you and your moggy-tinted specs! Splat was undoubtedly successful last year with substandard First division taunts aimed against him. This year, a combination of a beautiful new green pitch and Splat''s blue and yellow colouring will mean he stands out like a sore thumb - not so handy for quick getaways from riled away fans! Like all Norwich fans I will support any mascot in the colours but I have concerns over Splat''s overall consistency in the coming season.

Roll on Saturday, the close season has finally become silly!

Splat should really be Corporate Cat, as he is sponsored by N & P, whereas Captain Canary is our ''real'' mascot. However, Splat once shook my hand so he''s a dude.

Who would you rather run for us in the Mascot derby though?

Surely it would be Captain Canary..

Has to be Splat the Cat he''s more of a laugh, where as Captain Canary''s more regal.

I don''t see the need to change mascot''s just because we move up a divison, just don''t bring back the dumpling he''s for the gravy !!!

sorry dd it was a mistake, i put a s infront of he......

:D sorry :D

i remember when.......

i agree, although captain could do with some comapny from camilla or camilia or whatever....

I vote for the captain, I saw him watching a game from the stand once, it looked rather sureal!

I like the idea of a lady Captain Canary (a la Hippopotamiss at Stoke who managed to get herself moved away from our end I recall last season after she kept showing her backside/knickers at us after they scored!!

Any suggestions for names for the female one?

anyway, ive just realised.

Why change the mascots?

why not just change the people in them?