Sign in to follow this  
Big Rons Brain

Formation for wes + cort + lita ?

From watching the team over the last month, I think its fair to say:

1. Wes can only be used effectively as a creative / attacking central midfield player

2. Bell and Croft and full backs have been zinging 4-5 good balls into the box per game which are mainly being wasted with no striker who can attack them

3. Lita has enough quality to be too good to leave out while he is with us

So the question is, what formation can we use to add Cort into the mix?  A 4-4-2 will presuambly see Wes being removed, a shame given his current form. Does anyone have an idea that will keep them all happy, I am worried we will be in for another team juggling spell from Roeder just at the point it seems to be settling down...

Lita             Cort

Hoolahan

Bell                Clingan                         croft

Drury          Doc         Omo               Ottsy

Marshall

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

From watching the team over the last month, I think its fair to say:

1. Wes can only be used effectively as a creative / attacking central midfield player

2. Bell and Croft and full backs have been zinging 4-5 good balls into the box per game which are mainly being wasted with no striker who can attack them

3. Lita has enough quality to be too good to leave out while he is with us

So the question is, what formation can we use to add Cort into the mix?  A 4-4-2 will presuambly see Wes being removed, a shame given his current form. Does anyone have an idea that will keep them all happy, I am worried we will be in for another team juggling spell from Roeder just at the point it seems to be settling down...

[/quote]

thats why roeders there and were here!

[quote user="Tipster101"]

Lita             Cort

Hoolahan

Bell                Clingan                         croft

Drury          Doc         Omo               Ottsy

Marshall

[/quote]

simply wouldn''t work, Clingan wouldn''t stand a chance against 2/3 central midfielders

I think that Asda Man will be used off the bench for this month at least, he''s bound to be seriously unfit.

If he''s any good then he''ll play upfront with Wes behind him, when Lita goes back.

If he''s rubbish then we''ll play the loan lottery again.

Lita             Cort

Hoolahan       Pattison     Clingan     croft

Bertrand       Doc         Omo          Ottsy

Marshall

Considering we won at the weekend and played well, I dont think we should change our formation, its up to cort to try and prove he can get into the team! But as long as we''re winning I think it would be foolish to change anything!

marshysemmy   ozi        doc         plastic

bell         clinkers  patty    hooley

CC          leezer

reckon it could be like this...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]
                 marshy

semmy   ozi        doc         plastic

CC          leezer

[/quote]

what and leave crofty out?? yeah great idea probably been our best player of late (apart from clingan).

marshall

semmy      doc         omozusi         bertrand

clingan

croft                                             bell

cort               Lita

subs- Nelson

luploi   

drury

pattison

russell

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]                 marshysemmy   ozi        doc         plastic

CC          leezer

[/quote]

what and leave crofty out?? yeah great idea probably been our best player of late (apart from clingan).

marshall

clingan

cort               Lita

subs- Nelson

luploi   

drury

pattison

russell

[/quote]And you would leave Hoolahan out of the squad? [:S]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]
                 marshy

semmy   ozi        doc         plastic

CC          leezer

[/quote]no crofty?????????????

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]                 marshysemmy   ozi        doc         plastic

CC          leezer

[/quote]

marshall

clingan

cort               Lita

subs- Nelson

luploi   

drury

pattison

russell

[/quote]bell on the right gets the nod over crofty for me, cos he''s got a better end product via, crosses, corners and fre-kicks than crofty - who agreed would be peed off, but thats why you have competition for places...also hooley is left footed, and now he''s beginning to play well (in the hole at least) - then he should be given a chance to show his best form on the left wing,,,hooley for me has the potential to be the best player on the pitch, as he showed last season with blackpool - while for me, bell is not liking it on the left side, and will show better form on the right...sorry - dr, thats how i see it,,,now go and sit on your bunsen!!![;)]

I think because of Corts injury problems you wont see him start a game for a while - I think we will continue exactly as we are but if we need 2 we can pull Hoolahan off and put cort up front as the big target man for the last 20/30 mins

[quote user="BunnyB"]I think because of Corts injury problems you wont see him start a game for a while - I think we will continue exactly as we are but if we need 2 we can pull Hoolahan off and put cort up front as the big target man for the last 20/30 mins[/quote]i heard we were rushing through CC registration docs in time for match against watford on wednesday bunnyb???

MarshallBert           Omsy          Doh              Otsy                  Clingon                                    Bell   Croft                                                                                          Hoolahoop                              CC          Litamaybe:S?

I hope we keep with the starting line up as Sunday.

Then depending on score/tired legs/whatever bring Cort on. He has got to earn his place in team, especially after the performance on Sunday.

If not he is taking Hoolhan or Pattison out (either way that is one our best passes from sunday - or the only muscle in midfield.

What I was thinking was that back in the day we could afford to play "no-tackles" Chippy in central midfield, in a 4-4-2 as far as I recall.  So we had both width and creativity in midfield. This would be like playing Lita Cort; Bell Clingan Wes Croft etc. which some people have suggested, but you would imagine this would see us get totally overrun in midfield by most Championship teams.  Think it shows the way the game has changed, then again maybe it also shows the quality of the players in the former City squad, and I guess at that time, full-backs sat much deeper on the whole.