Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

TAKE AN ASDA CARRIER BAG TO WATFORD

chunky norwich mentioned as a joke to take an asda bag and waive it above your head as a welcome to carl cort! due to the ongoing joke about seeing him there in every transfer window as we all know.

anway i think this is a great idea for a bit of a laugh and could be wacky enough to get a mention on soccer am. so if there is enough people up for it i will e-mail soccer am of our intentions and see if we get a mention on the next show!

whos up for it?

Lincoln

Saw the suggestion for this on another thread and PMSL.  This should really be at the top of this board by now but I guess that shows how many of the particapants hereabouts are actually going to the match tomorrow.  Oh well, I''ll keep coming back to bump it up perhaps!

OTBC

CC is an ASDA man!

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Lincoln

Saw the suggestion for this on another thread and PMSL.  This should really be at the top of this board by now but I guess that shows how many of the particapants hereabouts are actually going to the match tomorrow.  Oh well, I''ll keep coming back to bump it up perhaps!

OTBC

CC is an ASDA man!

[/quote]

i just thought everyone reckoned it was a naff idea! i think it would be a right laugh! and imagine if it made soccer am if enough people as i said are willing to do it i will send an e-mail to soccer am.

even if anyone does think its naff it could mean a bit of publicity for us fans!

Bump - I did promise to keep it alive a bit longer.  Some of you guys must be going - it''s a long way from Sheff on a cold winter''s night so forgive me for dipping out!  say hello to Malky.

Not many people here will go, and at most you will have 15-20 out of 2000 or so from this messageboard so you''re going to need to take alot of bags to hand out!

"Carl Cort is an Asda man"... who''s gonna start this chant tomorrow or Saturday then?And I''m going Saturday so I''d just love it if a load of Asda bags appeared if he started/came on as a sub...

Cheers Lincoln Canary. Like you said, it was a joke and I''m not actually going to the Watford game but I''m very pleased you may take this idea up. What about replacing the standard ''Easy! Easy!'' or ''Earnie! Earnie!'' chant with ''Asda! Asda!''. I might even start giving Cheeseboard a run for his money