Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Carl Cort set to join Norwich City

hahah! unbelieveable!!!!!! im off to Asda now to shake his hand!!!!!!!

this isnt some kind of wind up is it pete?

jas :)

hmmm....i''m not sure the ace up my sleeve'' tag quite works, seeing as he has been plying his trade for giants such as UD Marbella and not good enough for Leicester. But, another striking option, so can''t be all bad. Would have preferred to be reading about the permanent signing of Lita once the transfer window reopens though.....

Well no one guessed that one!odd, but surely better than Antoine and OK?  I guess he is damn cheap too, like that Spanish right back, so just a punt in the dark.  I think its like GR said about the loans, if doesnt work out no biddie, its getting the actual signings right thats important.

[quote user="gissing canary"]Well no one guessed that one!
odd, but surely better than Antoine and OK?  I guess he is damn cheap too, like that Spanish right back, so just a punt in the dark.  I think its like GR said about the loans, if doesnt work out no biddie, its getting the actual signings right thats important.

[/quote]

I still have nightmares about that Spanish right back, Juan Velasco, whose performance at Coventry last season was one of the worst I have ever seen in a City shirt. And the previous Spanish right back who played ten years before him, Victor Segura, was also very poor.

The guy''s already a bit of a legend and he''s never even played a game for us. Why doesn''t everyone take an Asda bag to his first game and wave it around their heads?

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]The guy''s already a bit of a legend and he''s never even played a game for us. Why doesn''t everyone take an Asda bag to his first game and wave it around their heads?[/quote]

LOL

Superb

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]The guy''s already a bit of a legend and he''s never even played a game for us. Why doesn''t everyone take an Asda bag to his first game and wave it around their heads?[/quote]

that would be a great idea, i think its worth starting a new thread asking fans to take asda bags to watford to welcome our new siging carl cort! would be really funny if 2000 fans were all waving asda carrier bags! would make soccer am!

[quote user="NorfolkChance"][quote user="gissing canary"]Well no one guessed that one!.....[/quote]Come on! We all saw it!He''s been shopping in local supermarkets for years![:P][/quote]LOL, that could explain a lot. Perhaps he''s been trapped in Asda since he was spotted and only just got out!

i couldn''t be more underwhelmed.

if this is Roeder''s idea of an ace i''d like to play him at poker. Did he ask someone at Spurs for their opinion first?

but, .........he can''t be any worse than Sibierski.

I hope it works out but not feeling optimistic.

few  points here... firstly...remember all the comments abouts dublin before he joined? all the...''oh great sammy clingan.. the best we can do is a league one player on a free?''fair to say a lot of you have got it wrong in the past... if people expected us to sign players like lita and mcbride you''re off the mark and maybe drinking georges marvellous medicine... we don''t have the money... secondly... it''s only until the end of the season... if he doesn''t do well then he goes... if he does do well he''s a great signing on a free, prob cheap on the wages (i imagine a pay as you play deal) ...currently sibi is always injured and costs a lot more than the likes of cort i imagine!thirdly... LOL... after years of reading carl cort has been seen in asda... he actually signs and no one saw him... i''m optimistic... he''s not too old... IF he stays fit he''s a very decent player... a true target man for the likes of lita, lupoli cureton to play up there with... he''s a good option to have on the bench to change things round...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

hahah! unbelieveable!!!!!! im off to Asda now to shake his hand!!!!!!!

this isnt some kind of wind up is it pete?

jas :)

[/quote]

Lol!

[quote user="Marty"]blimey, where the usual ASDA spies? I feel let down.[/quote]

I spotted him and called it on here yesterday Marty.............spooky isn''t it?[:O]

''if this is Roeder''s idea of an ace i''d like to play him at poker.''

That made me laugh......a lot.

In all seriousness our strikers at the moment are: -

lita (loan) lupoli (loan), sibierski (gone hopefully) and cureton (out on loan).

Cort offers something different, and makes up some numbers. Hopefully he''l just be an alternative, useful, option on the bench. 

I understand he may get injured on Wednesday, he may come on and be awful, but in this new wave of optimism at least give the guy a chance. Besides he is, somehow, a player that has commanded a combined transfer fee of over 10million in the past.