Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Norwich or Forest

Which side would you rather be at the moment?

Forrest - struggling at the bottom of the league, playing some nice football with a good flurry of young/academy players who will be learning thier trade for the future of the club.

Or us

Norwich - Ditto but blooding other teams youngesters for the future of ... well not us?

I feel this is not an unfair comparison.

I''d prefer the Forest way

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Forrest - struggling at the bottom of the league, playing some nice football with a good flurry of young/academy players who will be learning thier trade for the future of the club.

Or us

Norwich - Ditto but blooding other teams youngesters for the future of ... well not us?

[/quote]What? I would rather be the team that is not in the relegation zone. Fool. Relegation would see us possibly go into administration, and we know what that meant to Luton when they went down to League One, they are now bottom of League Two.I would want to be the team that finishes 21st or above.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Or us

[/quote]

What? I would rather be the team that is not in the relegation zone. Fool. Relegation would see us possibly go into administration, and we know what that meant to Luton when they went down to League One, they are now bottom of League Two.

I would want to be the team that finishes 21st or above.
[/quote]

Fool am I, we''ll see at the start of the new year when we are yet again rebulding, whilst Forest are gathering points.

Neither,

We''re both great clubs that have failed to create stability at the top of the tree and at ground level. Lot of talent, but that''s not enough anymore is it?

Us at the end of the day because Forest will go down and we won''t. At the end of the day if Roeder doesn''t think our youngsters are ready then I trust him on that because it''s better than taking a chance and getting relegated.

Forest are building something. Even if they go down this year, I am almost certain they will be in a better position than us in five-ten years time.

Me too. I can''t see that we are any better than Forest. At least they are trying to build for a future, while we are stumbling along. Soon enough we won''t have the money to loan in any more of someone else''s young players.

Our academy team can''t be that bad - and at least they are ours. We maybe a few points above Forest at the moment, but for how long. Did we beat them by much the other week? No.

Would far rather see our own players on the pitch with some fire, fight and passion and to give this club its identity back. One big reason for such disillusionment this season.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Me too. I can''t see that we are any better than Forest. At least they are trying to build for a future, while we are stumbling along. Soon enough we won''t have the money to loan in any more of someone else''s young players. Our academy team can''t be that bad - and at least they are ours. We maybe a few points above Forest at the moment, but for how long. Did we beat them by much the other week? No. Would far rather see our own players on the pitch with some fire, fight and passion and to give this club its identity back. One big reason for such disillusionment this season.[/quote]

Gazza your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Forest are building something. Even if they go down this year, I am almost certain they will be in a better position than us in five-ten years time. [/quote]Five or ten years time? People aren''t giving Roeder 10 months!Besides what''s the point in developing youth? If they are any good they''ll have been bought up to sit on the bench by a Premiership team by the time they are 17. Also Forest must have a far bigger catchment area for their youth teams. Doncaster should protest to the FA that the maximum travelling time rule is a farce. How can 15 year old Mexicans be bought up by Arsenal, yet we can''t get someone who grew up in London?

Norwich for me.We''ve shown glimpses of what we''re capable of, it''s just gelling and getting consistancy!We have a good squad of players here, and if our youth players get drafted in throughout the season, then I think we will be alright.Plus, we already have more points that Forrest!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Me too. I can''t see that we are any better than Forest. At least they are trying to build for a future, while we are stumbling along. Soon enough we won''t have the money to loan in any more of someone else''s young players. Our academy team can''t be that bad - and at least they are ours. We maybe a few points above Forest at the moment, but for how long. Did we beat them by much the other week? No. Would far rather see our own players on the pitch with some fire, fight and passion and to give this club its identity back. One big reason for such disillusionment this season.[/quote]

Gazza your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

[/quote]

Yawn - yes of course we need the fire, fight and pasion that you can only get from having 11 of your own players on the pitch just like at Fulham on the last day of the Prem or Plymouth and QPR away last season

And we are just soaring up the league with all these loans aren''t we? Meanwhile off the pitch fans are turning away from a club they just don''t know anymore.

Would rather have our own players any day of the week. Think we showed enough passion with our own players in the recent past. We are going nowhere but downwards with this loan player policy. Who has shown most passion on the pitch this season in your opinion Cambridge?

Or us

[/quote]

Before I make my decision The Great Drinkell how many players are Forest Actually blooding from their academy?  Because from what  I remember they''ve spent quite abit on bringing players to their club in past few seasons and especially in the summer so can''t imagine there are that many.

Football 101

If a player emerges from the youth team and plays for the first team, I can assure you, if he doesn''t play out of his skin, his career at the club will be over sooner than you believe. The fact of the matter is that any young man in the youth team is behind an established senior professional. The only way he can get into the first team is either that a) he is an exceptional talent; b) the first team player gets suspended or a long term injury.  If the youth team player is not considered an exceptional talent (and many aren''t obviously exceptional), when he does get an opportunity because of (b), then he must prove himself to be a better player than the senior pro, or he won''t establish himself in the first team. Therefore the youngster has to go that extra mile to establish themselves. That''s why, if a youngster buries a half chance in a game, he begins to establish himself. If he misses, he could well drift out of the picture all together. It''s all about grabbing that opportunity. They are fleeting. And there''s a million stories that can be told of that missed opportunity. But also a couple of success stories.

Won''t Forest have to sell their talented youngsters if they go down, there is no guarantee that they will come back up either. Much as I think Roeder is a numpty this is a no brainer, I would rather be us. Plus we beat them with 10 men, they have a serious amount still to learn. I''m sure Roeders loaning frenzy is a short term plan, long term he wants to develop our academy and home grown talent, however, he won''t be around long enough to see it happen.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]. Would far rather see our own players on the pitch with some fire, fight and passion and to give this club its identity back. .[/quote]

Player loyaly is a thing long since gone.  Over poaid arogant individuals that few of us would talk to if we met them in the street had they not succeeded at football,  where their only loyalty is to their own bank balance.

There has been as much disinterest shown on the pitch by contracted as loaned players this season;   we just need players with fight and spirit for their careers if not the club;  that would be a start,  but they all loaned or not, think they will continue to get a footballing wage irrespective of how they perform this season.   

I dont care how the players are contracted with us or whether they came through the ranks (although they are all the better to cheer on if they have) as long as they perforn to their best week in week out trying to play decent football - for me its the decent football and the shirts that give us our identity not the individuals..