Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Pathetic Ball Boys

as the previous poster realised, they were our academy boys, Tom Adeyemi was infront of the scummers during the first half, Sam Habergham was the next alongside the Jarrold and Kenny Reeves was the one on the loud side of the Barclay. they were the only ones i could recognise from where i sit. so by whinging at our ballboys (btw i do realise most of these posts are joking, and really hope the OP was aswell,) we are complaining at our youth set-up again.

[quote user="USA Canary"]

Not sure if this was mentioned on here before... I''m sorry if it has.  But, does anyone else agree that our Ball Boys at Carrow Road look useless.  The show about as much enthusiasm as a corpse.  Most of the time they look like they just couldn''t be bothered at all.  There has been times recently when we needed some quick ball recovery and they just sit on their a**se. 

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

[/quote]I didn''t think a lot of Americans understood irony but fair play to you, I think you''ve nailed it.

the problem is the academy rules for having to live within an hours travelling time of the training ground, in london you get young hungry ball boys  off the inner city estates who see being   a ball boy as a way of escaping poverty, norwich as we know is a fine city in the middle of a big feild   so you just get fat overfed farmers children who don`t really want to be there, i think the club are looking at bringing some in ballboys from africa  and placing them with local familes like they do at arsenal so we should see an improvement as these lads develop  their ball retreiving skills

The "ball kids" that the Quakes hire over here for home games aren''t too bad, just some local youth soccer players. They usually pay attention to the game and stand there just waiting to get an opportunity to touch the ball. I haven''t seen the ballboys at Carrow Road but it sounds funny.

[quote user="USA Canary"]

Not sure if this was mentioned on here before... I''m sorry if it has.  But, does anyone else agree that our Ball Boys at Carrow Road look useless.  The show about as much enthusiasm as a corpse.  Most of the time they look like they just couldn''t be bothered at all.  There has been times recently when we needed some quick ball recovery and they just sit on their a**se. 

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

[/quote]

Yes they did look a little slow for the last half hour of the game. Maybe they were flagging?

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]The problem lies squarely at Delia''s feet. She deemed that £2.50, a free programme and can of Coke was too much to pay them so had the original lot sacked. Scouts were sent out to Dover to get some suitably youngish looking asylum seekers for the job. They get paid £1.50 per match with the added advantage that they can''t read english so she saves on the Programme and gets the "Coaka-Coala" from Lidls.[/quote]

if memory serves I think a certain "hero" from the past R Chase esq had the ball boys paying for the honour, rather than getting paid?

[quote user="USA Canary"]I blame the ball boys for all our problems and the position we are in...[/quote]I think Roeder needs to stop messing around with the line up of the ball boys, and start picking a consistent team.  The poor lad on the City Stand side was on the Jarrold Stand side last home game and it''s obvious that he''s not a natural left sided ball boy.