Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Pathetic Ball Boys

Not sure if this was mentioned on here before... I''m sorry if it has.  But, does anyone else agree that our Ball Boys at Carrow Road look useless.  The show about as much enthusiasm as a corpse.  Most of the time they look like they just couldn''t be bothered at all.  There has been times recently when we needed some quick ball recovery and they just sit on their a**se. 

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I agree, clearly this the board''s fault and Roeder''s. They pick the staff and they should take the rap for yet another pathetic performance from the Ball Boys. I say bring in the youth ball boys. They would do a much better job than some of these so called professionals. They are not worth their wages. But what do you expect from a load of ''journey boys''. May be if we didn''t have so many ball boys loaned in from other clubs they would actually give a damn and do their job with some passion.SACK THE BOARD AND ROEDER NOW THIS IS YET ANOTHER CASE OF NEGLECT OF YET ANOTHER AREA OF THIS ONCE GREAT CLUB!

The problem lies squarely at Delia''s feet. She deemed that £2.50, a free programme and can of Coke was too much to pay them so had the original lot sacked. Scouts were sent out to Dover to get some suitably youngish looking asylum seekers for the job. They get paid £1.50 per match with the added advantage that they can''t read english so she saves on the Programme and gets the "Coaka-Coala" from Lidls.

The poor performance of the boy balls is symptomatic of the failings of the current regime. We fans pack out Carrow Road each week and are treated to some seriously shoddy ball retrieval. Protest anybody?

yes i agree they Are useless  

they just sit there watching the ball roll past..

it makes me angry to think that they could have better ball boys..

like me and my mates..

[quote user="sevesup"]

like me and my mates..

[/quote]Knowing this board the club will probably loan a few from the Premiership who couldn''t give a t*ss. ROEDER OUT!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]The poor performance of the boy balls is symptomatic of the failings of the current regime. We fans pack out Carrow Road each week and are treated to some seriously shoddy ball retrieval. Protest anybody?
[/quote]

Ha ha. Brilliant

[quote user="sevesup"]

like me and my mates..

[/quote]

Yes and they should be wearing the home strip as well, why the hell do they just sit down.they should be running up and down in thier section, show a bit of life at least. at one point yesterday I thought we had none at all couldn''t see them they were well hidden by the bill boards, In case you are wondering, (this is a wind up)     

I''ve actually spoke to a ballboy on Facebook and according to him, Roeder has completly lost the ballboy dressing room.

100% true.

[quote user="USA Canary"]

Not sure if this was mentioned on here before... I''m sorry if it has.  But, does anyone else agree that our Ball Boys at Carrow Road look useless.  The show about as much enthusiasm as a corpse.  Most of the time they look like they just couldn''t be bothered at all.  There has been times recently when we needed some quick ball recovery and they just sit on their a**se. 

[/quote]Oh you''ve got to be joking....

What a pathetic post. You ever thought that these young kids of around age 11 might actually be nervous?!

Ever wondered how cold it must have been, sitting on those tiny wooden stools all match, unable to get up and go get a coffee, just sitting their freezing your arse off, and then have some pathetic Yank lambast you via an internet forum?

[quote user="PJB"]I agree, clearly this the board''s fault and Roeder''s. They pick the staff and they should take the rap for yet another pathetic performance from the Ball Boys. I say bring in the youth ball boys. They would do a much better job than some of these so called professionals. They are not worth their wages. But what do you expect from a load of ''journey boys''. May be if we didn''t have so many ball boys loaned in from other clubs they would actually give a damn and do their job with some passion.

SACK THE BOARD AND ROEDER NOW THIS IS YET ANOTHER CASE OF NEGLECT OF YET ANOTHER AREA OF THIS ONCE GREAT CLUB!
[/quote]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quality mate!

Don''t know if you have noticed from the other side of the Atlantic but this season, there is only one ball near the pitch. In previous year''s they have played the multiball system so could get the ball back to the players much quicker. It''s all down to an FA rule that club''s have to stipulate multi or single ball at the start of the season and stick with it.

[/quote]

Are you kidding me?! Is this a serious post the day after we beat Ipswich in the derby?!!!! Jesus, just enjoy the win

[/quote]just like some of our squad - it seems the ball boys are too busy ball watching than doing their jobs...you know who you are?<>[:P]

We should put in a serious bid for that Man City one who threw the ball back full tilt at Christiano Ronaldo in front of the TV cameras the other day.

Maybe Delia could afford that transfer fee without selling out to that unfit Cullum fellow.

OTBC

[quote user="Destort"]What a pathetic post. You ever thought that these young kids of around age 11 might actually be nervous?![/quote]

You obviously didn''t see them yesterday - they looked about 21 (not 11) and sat slouched with their hands in their pockets and refused to move to get the ball. The players didn''t look very impressed and I remember commenting at the time (when Norwich were trying to keep the tempo of the game up).

It''s completely true.

The standard of ballboyship at Carrow Road has deliberately been allowed to decline under Roeders guidance, and I should know.......... I have been a ballboy for these past 52 years.

It''s nothing short of scandalous.

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]

You obviously didn''t see them yesterday - they looked about 21 (not 11) and sat slouched with their hands in their pockets and refused to move to get the ball. The players didn''t look very impressed and I remember commenting at the time (when Norwich were trying to keep the tempo of the game up).

[/quote]And people say we don''t give the academy lads a chance...

But it''s not the ballboys'' fault, it is society and the get the ball back quick era of Thatcherism.

People today just do not realise what a young single parent has to go through to bring up a ballboy on just £1,342 a week benefits.  This hardly gives enough for the obligatory Ipod Classic, let alone designer trainers from Rocket Dog.

If we want to compete in the modern game we have to have investment in ballboys, and this means funding the chav-fields of Thetford.  You cannot just rely on Ros Watson producing yet another cheap option from a local school and hoping to cash in for a year or two before offloading to the big boys.

If we want to get it right then invest in burberry hand-outs to schools and stop listening to Daily Mail readers.  Don''t get carried away with stories of ballboys being born in a manger and accept that you have to invest and fight discrimination, and make sure you practice safe ballboying.

Above all join a Ballboy Pride march near you this Boxing Day.