Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Just Back, Good Performance?

I know most of you will have watched it on sky, but I have to say after not seeing us play since the Birmingham match I thought we played fairly well.

Before the sending off, in my opinion, we were controlling the game and looked bright, but a through ball split the defence and I don''t know if it was a red, but it looked pretty cynical.

After that we got the goal and looked pretty safe, not making much impact, but not being threatened either, the goal was much the same as the sending off, so it does concern me that we are being open up so easily.

Second half much of the same, nothing of interest and we didn''t look in much trouble after the goal went in, which none of the away fans realised had actually gone in!

I actually thought Lita played well, and put in a good effort up front, and the man of the match was close between Clingan and Croft but I think Clingan just shades it.

On a side note, not happy with the stewards trying to force the Norwich fans to sit down while Forest fans were standing up all around the ground, and not happy that the away fans have to sit under a tier of home fans, which at one point threw something into the crowd. A good effort by the lads, and hopefully a platform to improve from.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I know most of you will have watched it on sky, but I have to say after not seeing us play since the Birmingham match I thought we played fairly well. Before the sending off, in my opinion, we were controlling the game and looked bright, but a through ball split the defence and I don''t know if it was a red, but it looked pretty cynical. After that we got the goal and looked pretty safe, not making much impact, but not being threatened either, the goal was much the same as the sending off, so it does concern me that we are being open up so easily. Second half much of the same, nothing of interest and we didn''t look in much trouble after the goal went in, which none of the away fans realised had actually gone in! I actually thought Lita played well, and put in a good effort up front, and the man of the match was close between Clingan and Croft but I think Clingan just shades it. On a side note, not happy with the stewards trying to force the Norwich fans to sit down while Forest fans were standing up all around the ground, and not happy that the away fans have to sit under a tier of home fans, which at one point threw something into the crowd. A good effort by the lads, and hopefully a platform to improve from.[/quote]

i agree with just about everything you said there, it took me a good 10secs to realise we''d scored and even then others around weren''t celebrating. The stewarding was awful, they did give up trying to get us to sit down eventually

mention to the guys behind the goal shirtless

only saw the 2nd half due to some awful streaming on TVU!!! but from what i saw it was 2 poor footballing sides who look well out of their depth in this league.. the 2nd half was boring and was going to peter out into a bore draw until Norwich Supporter Cohen won the game for us ;) aside from that it was one of the worst games of football i have ever seen!

Forest punted it aimlessly to Tyson all half and we looked clueless in the final third....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

only saw the 2nd half

[/quote]

To be fair Jas if you are basing your opinion on the 2nd half alone that is understandable.  After half time we stopped attacking and looked like we were holding on for a point with anything we could grab on the break - a tactic that worked out ok in the end.  In first half it was a very good open game and we were the better team despite some worrying defensive lapses that better teams would have punished us for.  Forest did look a one trick pony in second half as you say.

Have only seen a few times this year, living in Nottingham. I thought we were pretty mediocre which is actually better than most of our performance this year from what i have seen and heard. What did work in our favour and got us the result. Was the fact that the majority of our players actually showed some desire to work hand and graft out a result, also the fact that Forest were awful and we won''t play many (if any) teams worse than them this season.

Yeah like the rest of the away fans, I didn''t realise we had scored for at least 5 seconds and actually said "have we scored" to the bloke next to me.

The stewarding wasn''t too bad where i was and we were allowed to stand for the whole game without any arguements,was sat further to the right than the majority.

On a side note Huckerby was sat on the row in front of me, signing autographs and standing for photos with fans. Fair play to him for turning up to the game and sitting with the Norwich fans.

LOL i was next to the guys with no shirts! Stupid stewards, it ***** me off when they tell you to sit down and all the forest fans are standing up...but a nice bit of "stand up if you hate the scum" got them even more angry [:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

only saw the 2nd half due to some awful streaming on TVU!!!jas :)

[/quote]Was that the second half where we had been down to 10 men for 30 minutes, away froe home against a team undefeated in four previous league encounters... right, Jas? They say every cloud, but any City supporter who suggests it wasn''t a good, and deserved, win tonight is obviously off their rocker...

the reason Forest were punting it aimlessly was due to how organised we were, especially in midfield. Patters did a very good job and so did Fozzy. Bell and Croft also made some good runs to relieve the pressure as well.

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

10 men for 75mins jas, the reason forest ran out of ideas was because how we prevented everything for the majority of the game and they became desperate

Kennedy/Clingan for captain

[/quote]

pretty much agree, although anytime that Tyson was involved in their attacks increased the nervousness in our household significantly!

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

10 men for 75mins jas, the reason forest ran out of ideas was because how we prevented everything for the majority of the game and they became desperate

Kennedy/Clingan for captain

[/quote]

pretty much agree, although anytime that Tyson was involved in their attacks increased the nervousness in our household significantly!

Going to work early tomorrow, can''t wear my Norwich shirt, but got a Yellow shirt I''m going to wear.

Took my scarf and shirt off before going home on bus full of irrate Forest fans.

Great performance showing real courage.

Must mention Meadow Club at Notts County for opening for Away fans, Sky Sports News on big screen and friendly staff

Nick