Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Alan To Replace Alan?

Now that Pardew has gone one would have to think that Alan Curbishley would be hot favourite to take over at The Valley. Despite his West Ham days I think Mr. Curbishley found out what a lot of people often find out in life....there are some places that are just made for you.

If he does go back into the Charlton role I must confess there will be a little twinge of regret on my part because, in the back of my mind, if Glenn Roeder could not get the job done at Norwich, I was hoping we could attract Alan Curbishley as I believed our club would have seemed like a more natural fit for him than managing West Ham ever did. 

I can''t see him wanting to come hear, first off I doubt anything outside of London would appeal to AC and he was also touted for the England manager job so I doubt he''d see us as a good move career wise.

Pardew won''t go back to Charlton. I''m sure he has his sights set far higher now. Plus even he admitted in his time there that he had achieved all he could.

Well, while you may be right I don''t see a whole lot of opportunities opening up in the top tier before the end of this season, and I think Curbishley will want to get back into football before the season. Of course, managers will always be fired or quit but the most obvious possibilities in the Premier, which I think will be limited, are likely to be at either Blackburn or Sunderland, both well away from London, or possibly WBA ( probably the most likely of the three that might go for Curbishley ). The "England avenue" is now blocked for some time. I think Curbishley has already assessed the scenario and, if Charlton welcome him, I suspect he will go back.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Pardew won''t go back to Charlton. I''m sure he has his sights set far higher now. Plus even he admitted in his time there that he had achieved all he could.[/quote]

You''re probably right.  Seeing as Charlton sacked Pardew only yesterday.  Nummo!

I suppose it all comes down to his desire to work again. As you point out YC, I don''t see many opportunities arising in the premiership that he would be interested in. However, a manager going back to a club rarely works out - so they could hopefully still be relegation candidates - instead of us[:)]