Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Sky Commentary last night....

There were some priceless comments and themes last night. The best was that it is always cold “in East Anglia.” Martin Tyler ,at one point, told us that he had spent some time in East Anglia and “certainly learned how to keep warm”. Sky  illustrated the point a few times ; “the fans from Norwich woke up to snow this morning” with a feeling that East Anglia is in fact on a different continent and enjoys a climate similar to Norway.   That’s why we can grow more arable crops than other parts of the UK I guess, because the continual cover of snow and ice for 8 months of the year.  

Sky was also amazed at how many fans had made the trip. Presumably they thought we would all be trapped in the Tundra Wasteland that spans from Hunstanton to Colchester at this time of year? Thank goodness for Husky dogs and dried fish.   

10/10 to Sky for not letting the side down. Still as out of touch when it comes to City as ever. I think they were surprised that Ian Crook wasn’t playing.

thought they were overly anti norwich myself too. at half time kept showing all the forest highlights even though we were on top and had scored the better goal. Then after the match one bloke said "you dont expect norwich to win, but they have"

Martin Tyler never does Championship games, so no idea why they had him on ours last night. Just before he made the ''cold East Anglia'' comment he said he had lived in the area himself, which makes it all the more strange. [:|]

[quote]

There were some priceless comments and themes last night. The best was that it is always cold “in East Anglia.” Martin Tyler ,at one point, told us that he had spent some time in East Anglia and “certainly learned how to keep warm”. Sky  illustrated the point a few times ; “the fans from Norwich woke up to snow this morning” with a feeling that East Anglia is in fact on a different continent and enjoys a climate similar to Norway.   That’s why we can grow more arable crops than other parts of the UK I guess, because the continual cover of snow and ice for 8 months of the year.  

Sky was also amazed at how many fans had made the trip. Presumably they thought we would all be trapped in the Tundra Wasteland that spans from Hunstanton to Colchester at this time of year? Thank goodness for Husky dogs and dried fish.   

10/10 to Sky for not letting the side down. Still as out of touch when it comes to City as ever. I think they were surprised that Ian Crook wasn’t playing.

[/quote]

Excellent may they long continue to portray us this way.

It might keep a few more  "warm blooded species" away from Norfolk (that''s anyone west of the fens!)

By the way did he say who took his job as village idiot when he moved?

[quote user="PBTC"]Martin Tyler never does Championship games, so no idea why they had him on ours last night. Just before he made the ''cold East Anglia'' comment he said he had lived in the area himself, which makes it all the more strange[/quote]He''s a graduate of UEA so has spent a while in and around Norwich, has also admitted in the past he''s got a soft spot for the club.Whilst not that impressed with the numbers yesterday, it was great to see a decent atmosphere return to away games. Can we have all our kick-offs moved to 17.20 please?

Er Declan - Not impressed with the numbers. What numbers pray?

We had over 1500. Freezing conditions and constant support for the team despite a mighty uphill struggle.

Well done the team and supporters!

BTW thinking of changing my name to Nannook of the East!

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

Martin Tyler ,at one point, told us that he had spent some time in East Anglia and “certainly learned how to keep warm”.

[/quote]Martin Tyler was at UEA in the 1960s.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

There were some priceless comments and themes last night.

[/quote]I think the best one had to be when the commentator suggested that Marshall was playing a blinder because he had been sitting near Argentina''s dug out mid-week, and some of Maradona''s magic had rubbed off on him... [:$] Where do they find these guys?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

Martin Tyler ,at one point, told us that he had spent some time in East Anglia and “certainly learned how to keep warm”.

[/quote]

Martin Tyler was at UEA in the 1960s.
[/quote]

Surely not

That would make him an OAP

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Er Declan - Not impressed with the numbers. What numbers pray?

We had over 1500. Freezing conditions and constant support for the team despite a mighty uphill struggle.

Well done the team and supporters!

BTW thinking of changing my name to Nannook of the East![/quote]Sorry, ''impressed'' was the wrong word!What I meant was I wasn''t suprised with the numbers, we''ve got a good travelling support at City and it wasn''t that much of a shock to me to see the turn-out we had.

let me just get my magnifying glass to read the original post! you dontt write small print for credit card companies do you?! spare a thought for those of us with the eyesight of a mole please!

jas :)

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]I think the best one had to be when the commentator suggested that Marshall was playing a blinder because he had been sitting near Argentina''s dug out mid-week, and some of Maradona''s magic had rubbed off on him... [:$] Where do they find these guys?[/quote]Ah Don Goodman, you usually get something like that at least once a match from him. Remember from the Sheff Weds game last season, after a hoofed clearance he said, "he''s in the wrong hemisphere for the Rugby World Cup isn''t he?" (it was in France). [:$]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]

I think the best one had to be when the commentator suggested that Marshall was playing a blinder because he had been sitting near Argentina''s dug out mid-week, and some of Maradona''s magic had rubbed off on him... [:$] Where do they find these guys?
[/quote]

Tyler also tried a gag based around Clingan and City having to Clingon? How we laughed. 

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Er Declan - Not impressed with the numbers. What numbers pray? We had over 1500. Freezing conditions and constant support for the team despite a mighty uphill struggle. Well done the team and supporters! BTW thinking of changing my name to Nannook of the East![/quote]

Particularly to the topless Arctic Seal pups in the front rows...lets all have a disco!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]Martin Tyler was at UEA in the 1960s.[/quote]

Surely not

That would make him an OAP

[/quote]Don''t take my word for it - trust everyone''s favourite homework resource.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Tyler