Sign in to follow this  
The Huckerby Delusion

Canary classics

My nephew is an avid city fan (something which causes me great pride as his dad is a West Ham fan) and all he wants for xmas is one of those merlin/panini sticker book things about Norwich. Being something of a graphic designer I''m going to design one for him and get it printed off.I''m planning including a section on Classic Cty matches, such as the Bayern game in ''93, the Man U game in ''05 and so on and was wondering which classic city matches you think are worthy of inclusion?

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]My nephew is an avid city fan (something which causes me great pride as his dad is a West Ham fan) and all he wants for xmas is one of those merlin/panini sticker book things about Norwich. Being something of a graphic designer I''m going to design one for him and get it printed off.
I''m planning including a section on Classic Cty matches, such as the Bayern game in ''93, the Man U game in ''05 and so on and was wondering which classic city matches you think are worthy of inclusion?
[/quote]

playoff final, FA cup 1/4 final replay vs Southampton, the Civic reception after promotion and the celebrations at Watford and Crewe away from that season.

jas :)

hucks final goal for norwich against sheff wed. Iwans last game against crewe, doing the double over ipswich!

The home game against Aston Villa in 92-93 which put us back at the top of the league was pretty important.

I''m sure something from the ''59 cup run should be included, I can''t say what as I was around at the time but some old stuff is needed imo.

The 3-2 win at Millwall was a great game in the late eighties.

Or the 1-0 win at Old Trafford in the late eighties.

The 4-5 loss at home to Southampton was something of a classic game imo.

I reckon the Centeneray DVD could give you a lot of good ideas.

[quote user="Steve H"]

The home game against Aston Villa in 92-93 which put us back at the top of the league was pretty important.

I''m sure something from the ''59 cup run should be included, I can''t say what as I was around at the time but some old stuff is needed imo.

The 3-2 win at Millwall was a great game in the late eighties.

Or the 1-0 win at Old Trafford in the late eighties.

The 4-5 loss at home to Southampton was something of a classic game imo.

I reckon the Centeneray DVD could give you a lot of good ideas.

[/quote]

Id include (to name but a few) the Leeds 4-0 win last game of the 85/86 season, Villa at home in 92/93, the 5-0 away win at Sheff Wed in 01/02, many of the away games in 03/04 (and a lot of the home for that matter) at Walsall, Rotherham, Crewe, Watford, Sunderland, Reading.

But the best away win for me of all time has to be 03/04 at Ipswich!

Thanks all! I don''t know how much space that there will be but IMO football education is vital early on in life, this will certainly help his development, plus I think it''ll be less depressing if I include some of these along with some past legends, rather that than Ian Murray and Swansea last week!

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"] football education is vital early on in life,
[/quote]

Absolutely!!!

You''ve got to brainwash them early.