Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Getting carried away......again!

Superb, brilliant, awsome, proud and amazing, just a few words describing City by Canary fans on various message boards today.

Well wise up!.

City did okay, and nothing more, against a side surely destined to relegation this season, and had it not been for Marshall''s five excellent saves, the story could have ended up quite differently.............I fear other teams won''t be as generous to us as Forest were.

Yes, the win was vital, even though we needed an og to achieve it! but don''t forget that many of the old problems are still there.

So please keep your feet on the ground.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Superb, brilliant, awsome, proud and amazing, just a few words describing City by Canary fans on various message boards today.

Well wise up!.

City did okay, and nothing more, against a side surely destined to relegation this season, and had it not been for Marshall''s five excellent saves, the story could have ended up quite differently.............I fear other teams won''t be as generous to us as Forest were.

Yes, the win was vital, even though we needed an og to achieve it! but don''t forget that many of the old problems are still there.

[/quote]No shit sherlock.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well wise up!.

[/quote]
No shit sherlock.

[/quote]

Okay, but you''ll only upset yourself later![:|]

It''s no more or less daft than the predictions that we''re doomed to relegation/administration every time we lose.

God forbid we should enjoy a rare away win against all the odds (down to 10 men, live on Sky, at the City Ground etc)

We''ve been reduced to 10 men after 20 minutes away from home, and responded by battling our arses off. If you were any sort of supporter you would take pleasure from that, regardless of the long term prospects. For Christ''s sake get off your sad little hobby horse for five minutes and give credit where its due. You''ll no doubt have plenty more opportunity to resume your relentless hate campaign in the coming weeks.[:@]

[quote user="Beauseant"]We''ve been reduced to 10 men after 20 minutes away from home, and responded by battling our arses off. If you were any sort of supporter you would take pleasure from that, regardless of the long term prospects. For Christ''s sake get off your sad little hobby horse for five minutes and give credit where its due. You''ll no doubt have plenty more opportunity to resume your relentless hate campaign in the coming weeks.[:@][/quote]I love it when you get scary, Beau. [;)]

sorry but for once I am going to enjoy it for what it was......  A WIN!! Before yesterday I hadn''t seen us win this season and bearing in mind we were on the telly and down to ten men I''m happy with the result. Having been subjected to a big pile of poo these last few seasons in terms of away perfomances, I would take that every day of the week.

I still don''t like Roeder and I still would like to see some sort of change at boardroom level, but please lets just enjoy it this weekend... chances are it won''t last....

[quote user="Beauseant"]We''ve been reduced to 10 men after 20 minutes away from home, and responded by battling our arses off. If you were any sort of supporter you would take pleasure from that, regardless of the long term prospects. For Christ''s sake get off your sad little hobby horse for five minutes and give credit where its due. You''ll no doubt have plenty more opportunity to resume your relentless hate campaign in the coming weeks.[:@][/quote]

I take no pleasure in the fact that the manager and board got a ''get out of jail'' card at Forest.

I also know that Palace, Sheff Wed and the Scum will not be so forgiving as Forest were, I''ve seen too many false dawns to go overboard now!

[quote user="Beauseant"]We''ve been reduced to 10 men after 20 minutes away from home, and responded by battling our arses off. If you were any sort of supporter you would take pleasure from that, regardless of the long term prospects. For Christ''s sake get off your sad little hobby horse for five minutes and give credit where its due. You''ll no doubt have plenty more opportunity to resume your relentless hate campaign in the coming weeks.[:@][/quote]

I take no pleasure in the fact that the manager and board got a ''get out of jail'' card at Forest.

I also know that Palace, Sheff Wed and the Scum will not be so forgiving as Forest were, I''ve seen too many false dawns to go overboard now!

[/quote]

Well then, you have much to look forward to. I will take my pleasure where I can and enjoy the victory.

[quote user="IncH HigH"]Come on Wiz, do you think we don''t know the club is up the creek.
 But we can still celerbrate the occasional win we do get.
[/quote]

Okay Inch High, a fair point, and if we win the next three games I''ll be joining you!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Beauseant"]We''ve been reduced to 10 men after 20 minutes away from home, and responded by battling our arses off. If you were any sort of supporter you would take pleasure from that, regardless of the long term prospects. For Christ''s sake get off your sad little hobby horse for five minutes and give credit where its due. You''ll no doubt have plenty more opportunity to resume your relentless hate campaign in the coming weeks.[:@][/quote]

I love it when you get scary, Beau. [;)]
[/quote]

Me? I''m a pussycat really![:P]

Having been able to watch "more closely" on Sky certain conclusions sprung to mind.

1. Our defence is very poor. When a mid field player becomes the outstanding defender it says much about the rest!

2. Kennedy although positioning ok lacks any speed whatsoever and was being taken apart.

3. Omazusi (spelling) looks very weak, positioning non existant. Spillane was/is a better defender.

4. Doc clumsy as ever.

5. Bertrand good going forward but again lacks positioning nous.

6. Marshall was outstanding apart from his slip

Result open as hell to any decent attack. Little wonder we concede goals and penalties.

Midfield performed well under pressure and looked good going forward.

Attack, well in the circumstances running about trying to give some relief

BUT overjoyed at an unexpected win however we got it and however long the revival lasts.

Luck plays a large part and perhaps ours might just have changed.

Well wise up!.

[/quote]

Yes I can quite imagine how you feel this morning Wiz, I bet you''re in a right old grump,stoking the fire "damn coal wont burn", "wheres that sod of a paper boy"? "I don''t know a bit of snow and I don''t get my Sunday paper", "ain''t life fair"? "what shop did you get this Jim Beam from ? cause it don''t taste right", "I have got snow on my satellite dish whose going up to clear that off" ? "you"? "that stupid meals on wheels women rang to say she would be late what time am I going to get my dinner 4 o''clock"? "city won yesterday this is turning out to be a bloody good weekend this is"....[:D]....arrdee.  

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well wise up!.

[/quote]

Yes I can quite imagine how you feel this morning Wiz, I bet you''re in a right old grump,stoking the fire "damn coal wont burn", "wheres that sod of a paper boy"? "I don''t know a bit of snow and I don''t get my Sunday paper", "ain''t life fair"? "what shop did you get this Jim Beam from ? cause it don''t taste right", "I have got snow on my satellite dish whose going up to clear that off" ? "you"? "that stupid meals on wheels women rang to say she would be late what time am I going to get my dinner 4 o''clock"? "city won yesterday this is turning out to be a bloody good weekend this is"....[:D]....arrdee.  

[/quote]

When isn''t he[:D]

Well wise up!.

[/quote]I''m proud of the team this morning.  Proud of how they battled, scrapped, got stuck in, didn''t fold or buckle and kept going to secure what could be a vital away win.Frankly, if you can''t enjoy these moments when Norwich defy your expectations and bring you a passing moment of joy in an otherwise bleak season, then up yours you sad old c**t.

Seeing as it''s your first game this season I don''t think you have a leg to stand on Wiz.

Oh and is that the Forest team who beat Palace away last week?

Well wise up!.

[/quote]

Just keep taking the gloom pills wiz

I agree with 1st Wizard entirely but I do realise that a win is a win, we''re in a results business and this was a much improved performance!

We''ll do nowt while Roeder(nowheres) in charge other than struggle away at the bottom if we''re lucky!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]up yours you sad old c**t.
[/quote]#

I''ve tried not to make this thread too personal, but if you want to do that Chops, I can oblige.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]up yours you sad old c**t.[/quote]#

I''ve tried not to make this thread too personal, but if you want to do that Chops, I can oblige.[:|]

[/quote]Choppo''s right though. You''re the first one on here to moan and say we''re doomed when we lose and then when we win it''s always these sorta threads. I genuinely don''t think you enjoy us winning Wiz, I have no evidence of the contrary, and it is rather sad for a lifelong Norwich fan not to be savoring a wonderful surprise victory.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]up yours you sad old c**t.
[/quote]#

[/quote]

Choppo''s right though. You''re the first one on here to moan and say we''re doomed when we lose and then when we win it''s always these sorta threads. I genuinely don''t think you enjoy us winning Wiz, I have no evidence of the contrary, and it is rather sad for a lifelong Norwich fan not to be savoring a wonderful surprise victory.
[/quote]

A victory yes, much needed yes, but wonderful?[:S]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]up yours you sad old c**t.[/quote]#

[/quote]And how would you do that?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well wise up!.

[/quote]

I''m proud of the team this morning.  Proud of how they battled, scrapped, got stuck in, didn''t fold or buckle and kept going to secure what could be a vital away win.

Frankly, if you can''t enjoy these moments when Norwich defy your expectations and bring you a passing moment of joy in an otherwise bleak season, then up yours you sad old c**t.
[/quote]

Now, now ... [:D][:D][:D]

You''re right by the way, that''s the first time in a while I''ve actually felt proud of them. A very good, if potentially fleeting, feeling.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]up yours you sad old c**t.
[/quote]#

[/quote]

And how would you do that?
[/quote]

Let''s face it MC, 1st Wizard is definitely an acquired taste........when all said and done his glass is not just half-empty but bone dry.

But I do think it''s a pity that a very intelligent bloke like you - contributor of countless good posts and author of The 2008 '' Pink-Un ''/NCFC Panto no less - resorts to the '' c '' word to describe a fellow poster. Not so long ago it was a real pain when this board was moderated. It took ages to get a post on here and none of us want to go back to that but that''s what may happen if we''re not careful.

A bit of base Anglo Saxon can be hilarious - Peter Cook and Dudley Moore''s '' Derek & Clive '' sketches and live comedy included - but not on here perhaps.

Does anyone else agree or am I sticking my head above the parapet on this one?

Lucky old Roeder! We win one lucky game and everyone thinks we''re brilliant and we are going to be in the playoffs. But we still have an arrogant incompetent manager, a skint board and a team that would be a complete laughing stock of a team which Sheffield United think of as a nothing team!!! We are still a disgrace and action still needs to be taken so we should still protest in Tuesday!!!

[quote user="Rastaman"]Lucky old Roeder! We win one lucky game and everyone thinks we''re brilliant and we are going to be in the playoffs. But we still have an arrogant incompetent manager, a skint board and a team that would be a complete laughing stock of a team which Sheffield United think of as a nothing team!!! We are still a disgrace and action still needs to be taken so we should still protest in Tuesday!!![/quote]Where is anyone sayoing we are brilliant and going to get in the play offs? All we are doing is enjoying a win and a good performance. If you cant enjoy that then whats the point?