Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

How should we play agaisnt Palace

Yesterday agaisnt Forest, Roeder seemed to have tried out a new formation of 4-5-1.  This seemed to work quite well and I was very happy with how much width we created and for the short time he was on I was impressesd with how Hoolahan got on playing in the role behind Lita.  Hoolahan went out to help each wing and he seemed to want the ball to his feet down the middle as well.  I think that could well be Hoolahan best positon.

That was playing away from home but when we are at home will Glenn now resort to playing a more attack minded 4-4-2, I for one hope we don''t go back to 4-4-2 as I think 4-5-1 suits us better, being able to get the wide players involved and it creates good space to pass the ball around. 

I think 4-4-2 is bad for us because the players have in thier mind that there is two centre forwards up there and we end using the long ball method towards Sibierski who wins nothing in the air.  If we play 4-5-1 though, if a long ball does come towards Lita I think, although he isn''t the tallest, he can hold the ball up better to give it Hoolahan or whoever.

I think we should stick with the 4-5-1 on Tuesday but, I would like to see what you think.

its not new, its just with a few different players, and they are actually performing, tbh, unless they keep their form, it wont matter what formation we play,i personally like the idea of the 4-5-1 but in a more typical 4-2-3-1 style.

[quote user="jay kay"]its not new, its just with a few different players, and they are actually performing, tbh, unless they keep their form, it wont matter what formation we play,
i personally like the idea of the 4-5-1 but in a more typical 4-2-3-1 style.
[/quote]

bloody hell i thought i was  reading a post from mike bassett [:D]

[quote user="wayne kerr"]

[quote user="jay kay"]its not new, its just with a few different players, and they are actually performing, tbh, unless they keep their form, it wont matter what formation we play,i personally like the idea of the 4-5-1 but in a more typical 4-2-3-1 style. [/quote]

bloody hell i thought i was  reading a post from mike bassett [:D]

[/quote]its where i got my tactics from haha