Sign in to follow this  
Lord Flashheart

Re: A win but.......

[quote user="I.S."]I''m sorry you feel that way Ricky. For me it doesn''t really matter who is working for the club (on or off the pitch), or how badly we are doing, I still feel the same excitement when I watch us play. [/quote]Ditto.

At least wrestling is entertaining, our fans know the score, they come to see guys give 100 percent, putting their bodies on the line, its moved on alot since world of sport guys, there is far more risks than it used to be its like motor racing, morbid fascination. I got a serious injury 6 months ago two minutes into a match, i gave my money back as i felt the fans were cheated, see a city player doing that. You can knock wrestling all you like, we are out there nearly every night to packed houses and our fans go home happy in the knowledge everyone has given them 100 percent, city cant say that.btw most of city''s results are a foregone conclusion, a loss.

[quote user="ricky knight"]At least wrestling is entertaining, [/quote]

Matter of opinion I reckon. This genuinely isn''t a dig at you but I know what I would rather have been watching yesterday teatime. Matter of personal taste I suppose.  

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Ok a win is a win, but watching city last night was like realising a marriage is over. There was no excitement or passion, no jumping out my seat when they scored, just thinking a win which will paper over the cracks. This is one of the worse city teams i have seen in 40 years of supporting them. the players are hardworking but dull to the eye, no passion, certainly no skill, no crowd pleaser, just a below average team imo. I was truly gutted watching as the realism sank in, we really are not the city i have loved for 40 years. Thanks Delia and all your cronies i find i no longer care for a club thats been part of me as long as i can remember, Maybe i might rekindle my interest when you finally get out and take the useless article Roeder with you but as it stands, it would take something amazing.[/quote]

Sums up how I feel to a tee Ricky...except that it hit me some time ago.

My interest seriously dwindled when I saw that the club was being cynically hijacked by one individual...and whether it was Delia Smith or Michael Jackson makes no odds. The vibe was gone and the grass root support was gone leaving only a fancy plastic ground with a celebrity kitchen stitched onto it.

This current charade isn''t Norwich City Football Club any more....it is a poorly run business with it''s eye more on corporate leisure than the team on the pitch. In some ways I envy the likes of Carlisle and Darlington because they have always been "ordinary" so will no no different from one year to the next...whereas having witnessed NCFC as a real force to be reckoned with...all this lamentable tarting about seems so very pointless.

Hell....I can''t even be arsed to ridicule the ovines on here any more on a regular basis! All I can really hope for is a new beginning in a lower league....or maybe a resurgence under Peter Cullum...strangely preferably the former. Imagine having young kids running their hearts out for the club again and real fans back in the stands ebbing and flowing in volume dependent on results. Still...that''s too real and simple under the present regime where "presentation" is considered more important than "flavour"....

[/quote]

Jumpers for goal post....................rosy cheeked lads giving it a go..............Mummy I scraped my knee, wheres the Germoline, isn''t it?

t is about opinions. fortunately thousands of wrestling fans pay mine and my families wages every year. I still dont see why my profession is always an interest on here, maybe easier than actually having a mature debate, on the decline of our club. As for your comments Cam i have held every title there is to have in wrestling and i promote wrestling all over the uk, so i have have an idea what it takes to get people to care about your product, maybe Delia should take lessons as all our fans go home happy. You guys really do have to stop the wrestling jibes, i am beginning to think you are jealous because you are stuck in mundane jobs excepting crap from your footy team because its your only outlet in life and your only day away from the nagging wives, god bless you all, i will keep my life in a bent sport, anytime. Now can we debate the issues.

[quote user="ricky knight"]t is about opinions. fortunately thousands of wrestling fans pay mine and my families wages every year. I still dont see why my profession is always an interest on here, maybe easier than actually having a mature debate, on the decline of our club. As for your comments Cam i have held every title there is to have in wrestling and i promote wrestling all over the uk, so i have have an idea what it takes to get people to care about your product, maybe Delia should take lessons as all our fans go home happy. You guys really do have to stop the wrestling jibes, i am beginning to think you are jealous because you are stuck in mundane jobs excepting crap from your footy team because its your only outlet in life and your only day away from the nagging wives, god bless you all, i will keep my life in a bent sport, anytime. Now can we debate the issues.[/quote]this is why the vicar had to change his username, cos every thread he started went off-track onto his job!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ricky knight"]t is about opinions. fortunately thousands of wrestling fans pay mine and my families wages every year. I still dont see why my profession is always an interest on here, maybe easier than actually having a mature debate, on the decline of our club. As for your comments Cam i have held every title there is to have in wrestling and i promote wrestling all over the uk, so i have have an idea what it takes to get people to care about your product, maybe Delia should take lessons as all our fans go home happy. You guys really do have to stop the wrestling jibes, i am beginning to think you are jealous because you are stuck in mundane jobs excepting crap from your footy team because its your only outlet in life and your only day away from the nagging wives, god bless you all, i will keep my life in a bent sport, anytime. Now can we debate the issues.[/quote]

this is why the vicar had to change his username, cos every thread he started went off-track onto his job!!!
[/quote]

Congratulations on every title in wrestling.

In the meantime is this you and yours?

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED13%20Nov%202008%2017%3A57%3A41%3A840

Just wondered[:P]

Former wrestlers[:''(]

I think you should sue Archant for that.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]this is why the vicar had to change his username, cos every thread he started went off-track onto his job!!!
[/quote]Blimey. I never thought I''d ever see Ricky Knight compared with a vicar! Ye gods man! [:D]

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

My interest seriously dwindled when I saw that the club was being cynically hijacked by one individual...and whether it was Delia Smith or Michael Jackson makes no odds. The vibe was gone and the grass root support was gone leaving only a fancy plastic ground with a celebrity kitchen stitched onto it.

This current charade isn''t Norwich City Football Club any more....it is a poorly run business with it''s eye more on corporate leisure than the team on the pitch. In some ways I envy the likes of Carlisle and Darlington because they have always been "ordinary" so will no no different from one year to the next...whereas having witnessed NCFC as a real force to be reckoned with...all this lamentable tarting about seems so very pointless.

Hell....I can''t even be arsed to ridicule the ovines on here any more on a regular basis! All I can really hope for is a new beginning in a lower league....or maybe a resurgence under Peter Cullum...strangely preferably the former. Imagine having young kids running their hearts out for the club again and real fans back in the stands ebbing and flowing in volume dependent on results. Still...that''s too real and simple under the present regime where "presentation" is considered more important than "flavour"....

[/quote]

Jumpers for goal post....................rosy cheeked lads giving it a go..............Mummy I scraped my knee, wheres the Germoline, isn''t it?

[/quote]

Nice one; gave me a giggle.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ricky knight"]t is about opinions. fortunately thousands of wrestling fans pay mine and my families wages every year. I still dont see why my profession is always an interest on here, maybe easier than actually having a mature debate, on the decline of our club. As for your comments Cam i have held every title there is to have in wrestling and i promote wrestling all over the uk, so i have have an idea what it takes to get people to care about your product, maybe Delia should take lessons as all our fans go home happy. You guys really do have to stop the wrestling jibes, i am beginning to think you are jealous because you are stuck in mundane jobs excepting crap from your footy team because its your only outlet in life and your only day away from the nagging wives, god bless you all, i will keep my life in a bent sport, anytime. Now can we debate the issues.[/quote]

this is why the vicar had to change his username, cos every thread he started went off-track onto his job!!!
[/quote]

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED13%20Nov%202008%2017%3A57%3A41%3A840

just shows you cant trust the papers old son and be very careful the case is on going so quit while you are ahead, just for the record we walked away with our heads held high and are proud of our achievrments at the Romany.

[/quote]

Premier Promotions 15th November 2008 Assembly Hall Worthing

This event was being taped by a 3 camera set up. I don''t know when it will be available but its definately worth buying the dvd. I don''t know if A Merchandise stocks Premier but if it does I really recommend it.

Pretty much full venue with a good buzz going.

Match 1: Jonny Storm vs Zack Sabre Jr PWF Lightweight Championship
Zack Sabre Jr came out to barely any reaction which is a shame because we had previously seen this matchup at another Premier Card and these two had really had a fantastic match. Of course most of the kids at this event were not at the last one so only cheered Jonny as they knew he was the good guy. Jonny came out to the huge reaction most veterans get from the Premier crowd.

This match was fought under the rounds system with ten 3 minute rounds 2 falls, 2 submissions or 1 KO to a finish. These two wrestlers started off exactly where they finished in their last match with fast paced action. The first round was a case of hitting fast paced moves with them really testing each other and feeling each other out. Round 2 saw Jonny gain the upper hand and in the beginning of Round 3 Jonny hit the 619 for his first fall. Round 4 began with Zack Sabre taking back control with some fantastic ground work. In round 5 as the two traded off running moves Zack Sabre caught Jonny in a roll up for his first fall of the evening. Round 6 saw them caught in a stalemate but as round 7 started Jonny gained control and managed to hit his finisher (i cannot remember its name) but it is a sitout fishermans driver I believe for the pinfall and win.

Match 2: Destiny vs Britani Knight
Fought under a rounds system same as above this match got a huge reaction from fans before it even began. Destiny came out to huge boos and not having seen her before and she got a hell of a lot of heat. Announced as former British Womens Champion she cuts an impressive figure in ring looking strong and dominant which made Abby and I like her immediately. Then the daughter of legend Rowdy One Ricky Knight Britani Knight entered and the whole crowd went mental. It was like the older men of worthing had never seen an athletic woman before. The match began with Destiny just destroying Britani with powerful moves and pulling her hair, garnering her a public warning in the first round for biting. Britani took advantage of her speed in round 2 to roll destiny up for the first fall of the contest. In round 3 Destiny started fighting back hitting several bodyslams and avalanches before pinning Britani in round 4 for her first fall. Then in round 5 she hit a tombstone and that was it Britani was out for the count. Destiny won the match and was celebrating when all of a sudden Sweet Saraya jumped into the ring and challenged Destiny to a tag match with Mother and Daughter vs Destiny and a partner of her choice.

Match 3: Johnny Kid vs Mark Sloan PWF Middleweight Championship

Mark Sloan came out to huge heat but when he got in the ring declared he would wrestle a good clean match with Kidd. Which he did, this match has to be seen, fantastic technical old school match with Kidd winning 2 falls to one. Kidd won his first in round 4 with a rollup, Sloan battled back and grabbed a pin in round 6 but Kidd caught him in a backslide in round 8. Great match, Sloan lost due to his inability to cheat but you could tell he really wanted to. Seemed to me Kidd slightly took advantage of Sloan''s unwillingness to cheat by playing a few dirty tricks on him. After the match Sloan cut a promo about how much of an honour it is to wrestle Johnny Kidd.

INTERMISSION: After intermission Flash Barker comes out to announce that due to medical problems he is unable to compete anymore

Match 4: Ricky Knight vs Joel Redman PWF Mid-Heavyweight Championship

Ricky Knight came out and instantly berated the crowd who booed him soundly. Riky cut a promo on the people of Worthing and got himself even further over by ridiculing Joel Redman. Good match between the two. Ricky cheated as usual garnering a PW in R2 and won his first fall in round 3 with a boston crab. Joel fought back and in round 4 picked up a pinfsall from a flying kneedrop. The match breaks down into a brawl and Knight eliminates Redman via throwing him over the top rope for a CO KO.

Match 5: Rumble
Participants: Destiny, Britani Kinght, Johnny Kidd, Mark Sloan, Wade Fitzgerald, Mark Haskins, Ricky Knight, Joel Redman and Jonny Storm. Zack Sabre was not feeling so good so was n ot in the rumble. Joel Redman wins eliminating Ricky Knight.

Great night, cannot wait for the next show on the 30th December. Also I will buy this DVD when it comes out as the action was top notch and Kidd vs Sloan well worth priice od admission alone. BTW anyone know if the Premier DVD''s are commentated?

taken from ukff.com to prove us knights are very much still wrestling, i have proved many times on here, i dont have to lie to prove a point

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Ok a win is a win, but watching city last night was like realising a marriage is over. There was no excitement or passion, no jumping out my seat when they scored, just thinking a win which will paper over the cracks. This is one of the worse city teams i have seen in 40 years of supporting them. the players are hardworking but dull to the eye, no passion, certainly no skill, no crowd pleaser, just a below average team imo. I was truly gutted watching as the realism sank in, we really are not the city i have loved for 40 years. Thanks Delia and all your cronies i find i no longer care for a club thats been part of me as long as i can remember, Maybe i might rekindle my interest when you finally get out and take the useless article Roeder with you but as it stands, it would take something amazing.[/quote]

[/quote]

you would have made an excellent nazi in germany in the 30`s cluck, thriving on negativity and peoples fears, spreading your bile and hatred and personal agendas, what makes you think your so superior  to the  untermensch  who actually enjoy seeing there club win a game ?  sometimes i think your actually a robert chase   all bitter and twisted and posting  on a laptop in a motorised wheelchair with a tartan blanket over your legs  whilst your trusty hired help agree with everything you say  and   keep topping up your medication [:D]  

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

just shows you cant trust the papers old son and be very careful the case is on going so quit while you are ahead, just for the record we walked away with our heads held high and are proud of our achievrments at the Romany.

Of course you went out with your heads held high.  Did the EEN suggest otherwise?

But your licence was revoked.

Enterprise seem to have bailed out but good luck with the ongoing case.

I still think you should sue Archant.  What say you? 

[:P]

[/quote][/quote]

I find it very worrying long term supporters are losing interest in City, many of my pals feel the same way and have been fans for up to 45 years.how many new young fans will we attract in our current position, not many i would suggest. I suggest our sell outs will soon be a thing of the past if things dont change soon. 

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Premier Promotions 15th November 2008 Assembly Hall Worthing

This event was being taped by a 3 camera set up. I don''t know when it will be available but its definately worth buying the dvd. I don''t know if A Merchandise stocks Premier but if it does I really recommend it.

Pretty much full venue with a good buzz going.

Match 1: Jonny Storm vs Zack Sabre Jr PWF Lightweight Championship
Zack Sabre Jr came out to barely any reaction which is a shame because we had previously seen this matchup at another Premier Card and these two had really had a fantastic match. Of course most of the kids at this event were not at the last one so only cheered Jonny as they knew he was the good guy. Jonny came out to the huge reaction most veterans get from the Premier crowd.

This match was fought under the rounds system with ten 3 minute rounds 2 falls, 2 submissions or 1 KO to a finish. These two wrestlers started off exactly where they finished in their last match with fast paced action. The first round was a case of hitting fast paced moves with them really testing each other and feeling each other out. Round 2 saw Jonny gain the upper hand and in the beginning of Round 3 Jonny hit the 619 for his first fall. Round 4 began with Zack Sabre taking back control with some fantastic ground work. In round 5 as the two traded off running moves Zack Sabre caught Jonny in a roll up for his first fall of the evening. Round 6 saw them caught in a stalemate but as round 7 started Jonny gained control and managed to hit his finisher (i cannot remember its name) but it is a sitout fishermans driver I believe for the pinfall and win.

Match 2: Destiny vs Britani Knight
Fought under a rounds system same as above this match got a huge reaction from fans before it even began. Destiny came out to huge boos and not having seen her before and she got a hell of a lot of heat. Announced as former British Womens Champion she cuts an impressive figure in ring looking strong and dominant which made Abby and I like her immediately. Then the daughter of legend Rowdy One Ricky Knight Britani Knight entered and the whole crowd went mental. It was like the older men of worthing had never seen an athletic woman before. The match began with Destiny just destroying Britani with powerful moves and pulling her hair, garnering her a public warning in the first round for biting. Britani took advantage of her speed in round 2 to roll destiny up for the first fall of the contest. In round 3 Destiny started fighting back hitting several bodyslams and avalanches before pinning Britani in round 4 for her first fall. Then in round 5 she hit a tombstone and that was it Britani was out for the count. Destiny won the match and was celebrating when all of a sudden Sweet Saraya jumped into the ring and challenged Destiny to a tag match with Mother and Daughter vs Destiny and a partner of her choice.

Match 3: Johnny Kid vs Mark Sloan PWF Middleweight Championship

Mark Sloan came out to huge heat but when he got in the ring declared he would wrestle a good clean match with Kidd. Which he did, this match has to be seen, fantastic technical old school match with Kidd winning 2 falls to one. Kidd won his first in round 4 with a rollup, Sloan battled back and grabbed a pin in round 6 but Kidd caught him in a backslide in round 8. Great match, Sloan lost due to his inability to cheat but you could tell he really wanted to. Seemed to me Kidd slightly took advantage of Sloan''s unwillingness to cheat by playing a few dirty tricks on him. After the match Sloan cut a promo about how much of an honour it is to wrestle Johnny Kidd.

INTERMISSION: After intermission Flash Barker comes out to announce that due to medical problems he is unable to compete anymore

Match 4: Ricky Knight vs Joel Redman PWF Mid-Heavyweight Championship

Ricky Knight came out and instantly berated the crowd who booed him soundly. Riky cut a promo on the people of Worthing and got himself even further over by ridiculing Joel Redman. Good match between the two. Ricky cheated as usual garnering a PW in R2 and won his first fall in round 3 with a boston crab. Joel fought back and in round 4 picked up a pinfsall from a flying kneedrop. The match breaks down into a brawl and Knight eliminates Redman via throwing him over the top rope for a CO KO.

Match 5: Rumble
Participants: Destiny, Britani Kinght, Johnny Kidd, Mark Sloan, Wade Fitzgerald, Mark Haskins, Ricky Knight, Joel Redman and Jonny Storm. Zack Sabre was not feeling so good so was n ot in the rumble. Joel Redman wins eliminating Ricky Knight.

Great night, cannot wait for the next show on the 30th December. Also I will buy this DVD when it comes out as the action was top notch and Kidd vs Sloan well worth priice od admission alone. BTW anyone know if the Premier DVD''s are commentated?

taken from ukff.com to prove us knights are very much still wrestling, i have proved many times on here, i dont have to lie to prove a point

[/quote]

Jolly good but sadly your pub was turned over and shut down last week by Norfolk Police "acting on information received" wasn''t it?

Weren''t you under surveillance from Her Majesty''s Constabulary?

Managers dont lose licences know all, the pub licence was revoked for numerous reasons beyond our control, the pub was dead when we took it and making good money within 5 months, success and local politics was our down fall, We did our job but the pub lost its licence over many years of incidents but i dont have to defend myself on here imo, you are out of order raising it on this forum to try and score cheap points, when you really dont know what the case is about.

Since when did a journalist have to know something about the subject matter to pass comment or chase a story? He didn''t get the user name ''Cameldung'' from nothing.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Managers dont lose licences know all, the pub licence was revoked for numerous reasons beyond our control, the pub was dead when we took it and making good money within 5 months, success and local politics was our down fall, We did our job but the pub lost its licence over many years of incidents but i dont have to defend myself on here imo, you are out of order raising it on this forum to try and score cheap points, when you really dont know what the case is about.

[/quote]

Your pub was under surveillance because it was a known drug dealer haunt.

Some of your regulars were part of that surveillance by Her Majesty''s Constabulary.

Yes or no Ricky.

Sue if you want.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Your pub was under surveillance because it was a known drug dealer haunt.

Some of your regulars were part of that surveillance by Her Majesty''s Constabulary.

Yes or no Ricky.

Sue if you want.

[/quote]

Whats this got to do with Norwich City plus its a bit personal isn''t it?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Can we get back on-topic please?[/quote]

Apologies Pete.

It had been diverted before I passed comment. I''ll let you analyse where/by whom.