Sign in to follow this  
Irish canary

The Defence!!!

Great to get a win last night and on Sky (a nice bonus) Some good performances too, especially, Marshall, Clinigan, and croft! This is the first time Iv seen Bell and he really looks like he can be a different class of player, looks quality! before I did not really know why there was hype about the guy! He was good last night also but a lot more to come. Its a shame Doc ( dont rate him by the way) got sent off as would have liked to see Hoolahan play out that position for the 90 minutes as he would of done well there. great first half and without the sending off we might of been able to play some nice football in the second half!

However, I thought the defence are shocking!! (with the exception of Kennedy and clinnigan who did a great job when he went back) the rest of them OMozsui and Bertrand were useless and lazy and dont look like the defenders at all, As soon as there is a set piece or a cross they look like bad school boys panicing and if it does not change we will concede a lot of goals if that was anything to go by, especially to a better team.

At least we won I suppose, hopefully next time without a sending off!! We will get a similar line up and play some nice football, would like to see more of  Lupoli personally and hoolahan & bell.

[quote user="Irish canary"]

Great to get a win last night and on Sky (a nice bonus) Some good performances too, especially, Marshall, Clinigan, and croft! This is the first time Iv seen Bell and he really looks like he can be a different class of player, looks quality! before I did not really know why there was hype about the guy! He was good last night also but a lot more to come. Its a shame Doc ( dont rate him by the way) got sent off as would have liked to see Hoolahan play out that position for the 90 minutes as he would of done well there. great first half and without the sending off we might of been able to play some nice football in the second half!

However, I thought the defence are shocking!! (with the exception of Kennedy and clinnigan who did a great job when he went back) the rest of them OMozsui and Bertrand were useless and lazy and dont look like the defenders at all, As soon as there is a set piece or a cross they look like bad school boys panicing and if it does not change we will concede a lot of goals if that was anything to go by, especially to a better team.

At least we won I suppose, hopefully next time without a sending off!! We will get a similar line up and play some nice football, would like to see more of  Lupoli personally and hoolahan & bell.

[/quote]

Omosuzi''s performance is one of the worst I''ve ever seen. He was constantly out of position, and spends the whole game ball watching. Its significant that when Roeder binned him and put Sammy back we suddenly looked solid and resticted Forest to shots from distance.I''m convinced that had he not acted we would have conceded within five minutes or so, as we were looking so rocky. I think Roeder deserves a lot of credit for what was a game changing decision.

Kennedy was also excellent,but Bertrand continues to worry me; light in the tackle and positionally dodgy.Semmy did well when he came on. I really think that Bell could be the key to how our season goes, but for once we''ve had a game where most of the side deserve a pat on the back, so let''s enjoy it!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

agreed here also, and been saying so since the first few games, the guy is a total liability, should be packed off back to Fulham at the first opportunity, there has got to be a better defender loan option than him out there. Please don''t let him be on the team sheet when we play the scummers.

Omosuzi''s performance is one of the worst I''ve ever seen. He was constantly out of position, and spends the whole game ball watching. Its significant that when Roeder binned him and put Sammy back we suddenly looked solid and resticted Forest to shots from distance.I''m convinced that had he not acted we would have conceded within five minutes or so, as we were looking so rocky. I think Roeder deserves a lot of credit for what was a game changing decision.

Kennedy was also excellent,but Bertrand continues to worry me; light in the tackle and positionally dodgy.Semmy did well when he came on. I really think that Bell could be the key to how our season goes, but for once we''ve had a game where most of the side deserve a pat on the back, so let''s enjoy it!

[/quote]

[quote user="jay kay"]palace will tear us apart in a few areas, particularly our full backs, players like moses and scannell in wide positions would be difficult to defend against.
[/quote]

Is the Wolves game so distant in our memories already? Be more positive please!

Why do we complain when we won a game? Thought the defence didnt do bad considering down to 10 men and only conceded due to marshall???? Omuzusi & Bertrand I do not think they lazy, the pace they have and commitment they show is excellent, and they both under 20 & both england player & registered to premiership clubs so not sure they are so crap. Admittedly they did  not get forward enough but Bell not so good at covering when under attack. Still not convinced the left wing is covered adequately by a right footed player Bell better on right.. But lets be thankful we won away with 10 men :-)

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[quote user="jay kay"]palace will tear us apart in a few areas, particularly our full backs, players like moses and scannell in wide positions would be difficult to defend against.[/quote]

Is the Wolves game so distant in our memories already? Be more positive please!

[/quote]i have faith but a fact is a fact. i would love to be wrong.

[quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

We did repeatedly leave huge holes in our defence, both down the middle as well as the flanks but I think it is as much an organizational thing as the individual players. The defence has been chopped and changed repeatedly for a variety of reasons and a back four needs time to get used to each other. Having said that, Omoz and Berty both did look a bit lightweight in the challenge.

On a brighter note, I thought that in the short time he was on the pitch, Hoolahan showed that he is the man to provide the craft and skill up front. He needs a run of games in that position and I am sure he will create goals for us.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Positive Yellow"]Why do we complain when we won a game? Thought the defence didnt do bad considering down to 10 men and only conceded due to marshall???? Omuzusi & Bertrand I do not think they lazy, the pace they have and commitment they show is excellent, and they both under 20 & both england player & registered to premiership clubs so not sure they are so crap. Admittedly they did  not get forward enough but Bell not so good at covering when under attack. Still not convinced the left wing is covered adequately by a right footed player Bell better on right.. But lets be thankful we won away with 10 men :-)[/quote]

Overall it wasent a complaint, I said it was a great win, and yes for a 10 men to hold out and get a win was great, but you say the lads have pace and they do, but that shows that they were out of position and lazy and beaten once or twice for pace by the forest attack I might add!! They were pushed off the ball far too easy aswell, I dont think England under 20 means such a great deal either as these days u dont hear of a lot of these lads again. As for sayin Marshall was the cause of the goal, he slipped give him a break, how many did he keep out???? easily 4 goals ( and because the defence was not up to scratch except kennedy and sammy when there)

Watching the game on TV was interesting as we got to view the game a little closer than usual - and to be honest, I was shocked at how poor our full backs (and that goes for all three of them) were. Omozusi, Bertrand and Otsemobor gave too much space, were reactive rather than proactive and seemingly lacked the necessary drive.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Watching the game on TV was interesting as we got to view the game a little closer than usual - and to be honest, I was shocked at how poor our full backs (and that goes for all three of them) were. Omozusi, Bertrand and Otsemobor gave too much space, were reactive rather than proactive and seemingly lacked the necessary drive.[/quote]

Thats exactly what i thought, it worries me. And especially against better opposition