Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Favourite ever City player ??

I would personally have to go for Darren Huckerby but I am sure that there are several others like Iwan Roberts and many more, what do you think?

I remember cycling to Trowse during the school holidays when I was a kid in the 70''s, autograph book tucked in pocket. Most of the players signed, they were good lads. But Keelan.........Keelan swept into the car park, late for training, in his black Capri with Rod Stewart''s "Your In My Heart" blaring out of the stereo. Screeched to halt, gravel flying, exited the Capri whistling the said tune, winked at me, signed my autograph book and told me to stick around until training had finished and then he''d let me take a couple of penalties against him.Instant hero.

Flecky, love the goal he scored against Chelsea at Stanford Bridge. He hit the ball on the volley running just beyond the half way line into the top right hand corner of the goal right in front of the home Shed End. Ha! 

Haven''t we just done this in another thread?

Peters, Keelan, Ashton, Safri

Got to go with Ian Crook like many others, a hero of mine as a child. Typified the glory days of the late 80''s and early 90''s city sides, where we not only won plenty of games in the top flight but did so playing good football and Chippy was at the centre of all that.

Honourable mention to Eadie who was a bright light in some pretty mediocre teams in the late 90''s, similarly Bellamy for a season or two.

Darren Huckerby for me. I think that it''s mainly due to my generation, and what I''ve seen of Norwich personally though that i think that if I''m being fair.I just found watching him play enthralling at times. Never for me have i found a player that wears the yellow and green one that i can take pride from as i did with Darren Huckerby. His runs and goals left me, amongst fans from all other clubs, spellbound as to how good he could be. To see that kind of stuff today, played by a player in a Norwich shirt, seems more than just a dream away.Is and always will be my favourite player, even if in the future it is only with sentiment that i admire and respect him so much.

What did you think of him when the oppo had the ball? hardly enthralling was he?

Great going forward, but I just got fed up playing with 10 men for 50% of the game again and again.

I''ve never rated Drury, but the poor bloke having to play behind Hucks.

They should have watched Rivers and Briggs link play in the reserves which was fantastic. As individuals they were at best ordinary yet as a partnership they had a great partnership. If Worthington had ever gone to reserve games he might have seen it at a time we needed a solid right

Huckerby might be my top player going forward, but over wouldn''t even make my top 10...... or should that be 11

Soory - 2nd partnership should have been ''understanding''

Where''s the edit button?

shud was ment to be.......

Come on archant - spend five bob for the old duffers like me what cant type too gud

got to be chippy,a real ball player.he ought to be coaching our midfield,then we might be more creative.but also an honourable mention to robbo a real centre forward

It''s got to be Iwan for me, purely for going from being a complete and utter donkey in his first season to scoring so many important goals and making supporting City so much fun.

Kevin Reeves for me. Quality player whose career was cruelly cut short.

Honourable mentions for Keelan, Greeno, Chippy, Suggy, Curran, Peters and Sutton.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Iwan Roberts... a god amongst mere mortals and my hero!

jas :)

[/quote]

Guess what, I agree 110% with Jas.

IWAN IWAN IWAN !!!!!!!!!!!