Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Finally some confidence within the team?

Going down to 10 men, not giving up, and coming away with a victory in an away match, a televised match, and a six pointer.

Pattison noted the buzz within the camp after the Forest game. Roeder mentioned it too.

Will we now see the confidence within the team, the belief that they can go and win games, and hopefully showing some consistantly excellent football?

We never know with Norwich City do we?!

we''ve already had a couple of false dawns this season, please city put a run of games together, i''m not expecting long unbeaten runs as this league is so tight and unpredictable but just some flaming consistency to see us climb the table

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]we''ve already had a couple of false dawns this season, please city put a run of games together, i''m not expecting long unbeaten runs as this league is so tight and unpredictable but just some flaming consistency to see us climb the table[/quote]agreed - the manner of the plymouth and wolves performances suggested more of the same was likely to come, but alas consistency is the name of the game in this league, and our mostly under-performing squad has only shown rare glimpses of its true potential,,,as i suggested post match - maybe the gritty manner of the NCFC performance against forest will do more to gell this squad together than the occasional convincing performance, cos it suggests the players really want to play for the manager and the club, and maybe more importantly for the fans - the matty patty celebration at the away end showed to all how much his goal meant, and that he wanted to thank the fans for their support, in what has been a difficult year for him,,,in such moments, a team spirit can form...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ncfc_chris"]we''ve already had a couple of false dawns this season, please city put a run of games together, i''m not expecting long unbeaten runs as this league is so tight and unpredictable but just some flaming consistency to see us climb the table[/quote]

agreed - the manner of the plymouth and wolves performances suggested more of the same was likely to come, but alas consistency is the name of the game in this league, and our mostly under-performing squad has only shown rare glimpses of its true potential,,,

as i suggested post match - maybe the gritty manner of the NCFC performance against forest will do more to gell this squad together than the occasional convincing performance, cos it suggests the players really want to play for the manager and the club, and maybe more importantly for the fans - the matty patty celebration at the away end showed to all how much his goal meant, and that he wanted to thank the fans for their support, in what has been a difficult year for him,,,

in such moments, a team spirit can form...
[/quote]

possibly so, it''s shown that with the odds heavily stacked against us after the sending off that they can stick together away from Carrow Road and bring home 3 gritty points.

Our problem this season has been pretty simple for me, not taking chances and then giving away sloppy goals, it''s a recipe for disaster. When we won promotion in 2004 we had such a strong and reliable back line and then took our chances when they came our way. The players are there i''m sure of it unless the loans return to Celtic, Reading and Chelsea in Jan, looking likely in Lita''s case unfortunatley.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Did you see Hoolahans face as he went off though? Roeder did comfort him to be fair (and he needed to bring on a defender)
[/quote]

i''m assuming he was pretty frustrated which isn''t surprising but i''m sure he realised soon after it was the only option available to Roeder

Id be very suprised if Hooly wasnt put back in the lineup tomorrow night, thats unless Sibbers is fit, then i think we will go 4-4-2 with the midfield of Bell, Patty, Clingan and Crofty.