Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Paterson ... your views?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]He''s still a convicted drunk driver![:@][/quote]

Sorry Wiz but what the hell has that got to do with his playing ability, goal scoring etc.

He acted stupidly and illegally, he has been punished for it as any one SHOULD be.

I agree with much of the stirring you posts and enjoy them for what they are but moral high ground does not suite your style.

I think the lad has tallent and with the right confidence and consistent playing will add to the team. Whether he gets that from the Boss is another subject.

[/quote]

Say that to the Plymouth goalkeepers dead victims Butler!...........and as a driver who advocated and supports a total zero limit, I will not forget or indeed forgive a person who puts booze above safety.

[/quote]

what a stupid and immature comment! why relate a football topic to that? it is a completely differant scenario from pattisons anyway

[/quote]

Only by sheer bloody luck![:|]

Warming to Matty P. He has the odd game where he looks awful but he''s had quite a few good games this season, epsecially away from home. Thought he was very good against Plymouth and again on saturday. He will always give 100%. They key with him will be whether he can take the confidence from saturday''s goal and go on a bit of a goalscoring run. If so he could become the goalscoring midfielder we have been missing as he does get shots in from around the box. He''s been a bit unlucky previously but hopefully now may get a bit of a run.

To be honest I think Russell has not been at his best in the CM slot so far this season (partly as he''s been messed about by being played up front and (partly I think as he came back too soon after his injury) so hopefully a bit of competition between the 2 of them for the spot alongside Sammy can get them both going.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

Ronaldo

[/quote]

Last time i looked players of Ronaldo calibre were not avaliable to teams like ours. Anyway Ronaldo was inconsistent in his first season (just when he was good he was amazing) and Rooney still is inconsistent, aswell as alot of young players in the prem. So i think it reasonable to expect young players at our level to be inconsistent aswell.

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

[quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]Firstly, it''s Pattison. Paterson plays for Burnley.

I think he''s a good, useful player and gets himself into good positions. Had a poor run of form a while ago and lots of people got on his back, admittedly me being one of them. But he''s proved himself to be a great player and a regular first teamer IMO.
[/quote]

Sorry that I got his name wrong, If I could edit it I would but I don''t think you can edit a posting let alone the title.

Cheers

[/quote]

There you go.

Sorry Wizard, but you don''t have to like HIM. We''re referring to him as a player. That''s different and separate to his drink driving which appears to have been a single one off mistake. I like him as a person too, purely based on his commitment he shows.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I will not forget or indeed forgive a person who puts booze above safety.

[/quote]Have  you not considered that Pattison was 20/21 years old? Many of us do stupid things when we are young that we later regret. Many people don''t really know who they are until they are over the age of 21. Perhaps you should forgive him for his immaturity. I''m sure Pattison has learnt his lesson and has matured from the experience.Anyhow, he was good on Saturday, I''m warming to him as a player myself.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

Ronaldo

[/quote]

Wrong.  Alot of people are saying he`s the shadow of the player he was last season.

[/quote]

Who are these people?

8 goals from 9 league starts suggests he is very consistent and performing to his usual high standard.

I think that if we get the Patty back who played well on his loan spell on a frequent basis, we will have a decent champ player. He is suited to being in the centre and does have the range of passing and tackles but we have not seen enough of it on a regular basis. Confidence will be a key for him and I think that goal will do it him a load of good.

Potentially quite useful but has a habit of having a terrible 15 minutes in each game.  Also plays the one-touch first time pass too often when he should hold it and look up.  Plays with his head down so he doesn''t always see the best options available.  Reasonably quick, a fair tackler, would see him more as a holding midfielder than anything else but I quite like him.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]He''s still a convicted drunk driver![:@][/quote]It was quite clear from the original post your opinion of the guy was to be based on his contribution to the football team as a player. At no time were you ask to judge him on a moral or personal level.You made it quite clear when Matty disgraced himself that you disapproved, who didn''t. However you could not refrain from your didactical rant. To err is human and to forgive is divine.All people commit sins and make mistakes. God forgives them, and people are acting in a godlike way when they forgive. I think Mr Pope was on to something.

Many Thanks for all your posts, Good to see that around 80% of fans now like Pattison.

We all know players have faults, if they didn''t they would be playing for Man Utd, worth 20 million and we wouldn''t be worrying about the NCFC debt!!!

How you can compare Ronaldo with Matty I will never know. Player of the year, worth 70+ million, Champions League winner.

How many other players do this?

I was rating Matty Pattison from a NCFC view and a Championship level!

As for Wiz''s comments, I agree that drinking and driving is a criminal offense, but Mats doing or has done his time for the crime.
He''s done wrong big time, and I agree he should have got a tougher sentence. BUT .. I''m not judging his life, I was asking about
playing ability and his asset to NCFC.

How many times was Geroge Best over the limit!!! People still said that he was one of the greatest players in the Game.
In todays world he probably would have been banned at age 19! This subject is another issue that could be discussed on another thread.

Thanks for your opinion Wiz anyway.

In the end of the day, we all want every Norwich player to play well, we want to win the league, we want to win the FA cup, we want
the Glory of Man Utd, we want the TV deals, the Europe success and the newpaper headlines, the money, the 40k+ crowd, the world players, etc etc etc....

BUT we are NCFC and unless we back the players and the team we will be stuck in this nightmare for many years. The Prem is a far and distance land.

I hope others follow Matty Patts passion and play with their heart. We need winners.

Thanks for your comments, its been a good read.

Cheers All

Tomorrow evening, I''ll be visitng Ladbrokes pre-match with a little wager on Matt P scoring against Palace. Goals are like buses, when one comes another will very shortly be arriving.

You put your left boot in, your left boot out,
In out In out and kick it all about
You do the Matty Patty and you turn around,
Thats what its all about!
Woooooahhhhh the Matty Patty!
In out in out and shake it all about