Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Formation/team for tomorrow

I would start with the same formation and team that started saturday but obviously making the one forced change.                                    MarshallOtsemebor      Omuzusi     Kennedy     BertrandCroft             Sammy         Party            Bell                           Hoolahan                                                LitaLita is a better target man then Sibierski so he doesnt need to be in the team.   There is plenty of attacking options in that team and I would love to see Wes given the freedom of the pitch to go and work his magic because this guy is class, we just haven''t used him properly yet.  His passing ability and vision is the best in the squad, along with his ball control aswell.I worry about Omuzusi, especially at right back, because he seems a bit too causal and doesnt have much sense when it comes to position.That team will beat palace with ease, and will cause alot of problems for teams away from home. 

[quote user="Duffman"]I would start with the same formation and team that started saturday but obviously making the one forced change. 

Marshall

Otsemebor      Omuzusi     Kennedy     Bertrand

Croft             Sammy         Party            Bell

Hoolahan
                                                Lita

Lita is a better target man then Sibierski so he doesnt need to be in the team.   There is plenty of attacking options in that team and I would love to see Wes given the freedom of the pitch to go and work his magic because this guy is class, we just haven''t used him properly yet.  His passing ability and vision is the best in the squad, along with his ball control aswell.

I worry about Omuzusi, especially at right back, because he seems a bit too causal and doesnt have much sense when it comes to position.

That team will beat palace with ease, and will cause alot of problems for teams away from home. 

[/quote]

some good points there, and i agree about Lita and hoolahan behind who has the quality if given the chance!! potentially lita bell croft and hoolahan would trouble a lot of teams, I fear roeder will just play sibierski though, or is he still out??!

[quote user="Irish canary"] 

some good points there, and i agree about Lita and hoolahan behind who has the quality if given the chance!! potentially lita bell croft and hoolahan would trouble a lot of teams, I fear roeder will just play sibierski though, or is he still out??!

[/quote]Sky said that he was missing saturday but should be back tuesday.   Hopefully he wont be fully fit and have to make do with the bench.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Irish canary"] 

[/quote]

Sky said that he was missing saturday but should be back tuesday.   Hopefully he wont be fully fit and have to make do with the bench.
[/quote]

yep agreed Duffman, Id rather see Lupoli get on, like to see him get a run aswell

[quote user="Duffman"]I would start with the same formation and team that started saturday but obviously making the one forced change. 

Marshall

Hoolahan
                                                Lita

Lita is a better target man then Sibierski so he doesnt need to be in the team.   There is plenty of attacking options in that team and I would love to see Wes given the freedom of the pitch to go and work his magic because this guy is class, we just haven''t used him properly yet.  His passing ability and vision is the best in the squad, along with his ball control aswell.

I worry about Omuzusi, especially at right back, because he seems a bit too causal and doesnt have much sense when it comes to position.

That team will beat palace with ease, and will cause alot of problems for teams away from home. 

[/quote]

I agree with the formation and most of the personnel, but would play Kennedy and Drury in the middle. Omosuzi was absolutely awful on Saturday, and Drury would give us better balance as natural left footer. Ideally I''d keep Sammy at the back, but thats only practical if we could clone him and play him in midfeild as well!!!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Marshall

Hoolahan
                                                Lita

[/quote]

I agree with the formation and most of the personnel, but would play Kennedy and Drury in the middle. Omosuzi was absolutely awful on Saturday, and Drury would give us better balance as natural left footer. Ideally I''d keep Sammy at the back, but thats only practical if we could clone him and play him in midfeild as well!!!

[/quote]

Drury would be better to start alright, I think Omosuzi was terrible the last day aswell, so was bertrand, hopefully we wont need to bring sammy back there

MarshallOtsemobor   Omozusi   Kennedy   Drury.   Croft   Clingan   Pattison   Lappin                   .               Hoolahan        .                Lita

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]MarshallOtsemobor   Omozusi   Kennedy   Drury.   Croft   Clingan   Pattison   Lappin                   .               Hoolahan        .                Lita[/quote]What did Bell do wrong?

Marshall

Otsemebor      Omuzusi     Kennedy     Drury

Croft             Sammy         Matty            Bell

Hoolahan
                                                Lita

If Omo shakes off his injury I would go with this team and formation. Bertrand has been off colour for the past 4 or 5 games so time to bring experienced Drury back.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]MarshallOtsemobor   Omozusi   Kennedy   Drury.   Croft   Clingan   Pattison   Lappin                   .               Hoolahan        .                Lita[/quote]What did Bell do wrong?[/quote]For me, he gave up too easily against Swansea. Although undeniably talented, I would question his commitment to the cause. Also, I would much prefer to play a natural left footer on the left of midfield.The quality of Lappin''s dead balls is as good as Bell''s and so I would rather give him a go on the left. And Croft offers more, for my liking, on the right.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]MarshallOtsemobor   Omozusi   Kennedy   Drury.   Croft   Clingan   Pattison   Lappin                   .               Hoolahan        .                Lita[/quote]What did Bell do wrong?[/quote]For me, he gave up too easily against Swansea. Although undeniably talented, I would question his commitment to the cause. Also, I would much prefer to play a natural left footer on the left of midfield.The quality of Lappin''s dead balls is as good as Bell''s and so I would rather give him a go on the left. And Croft offers more, for my liking, on the right.[/quote]I see your point.   Don''t you think we lack severe pace down the left with Drury and Lappin though.I didn''t see Bell giving up against Swansea, I saw a player who had been found out by the full back and should have been switched to the right flank early in the 2nd half but wasn''t......even though Pattison and Hoolahan were on the pitch he didnt get moved across.

[quote user="Duffman"]That team will beat palace with ease, and will cause alot of problems for teams away from home. [/quote]

I hope your wrong.  We just had a really good performance against Bristol City so should be a good game.  I reckon our team will be...

----------------Speroni-------------
Clyne -- Fonte -- McCarthy -- Hill
----------------Watson-------------
-----------Oster ---- Carle---------
Scannell ------------------- Moses
----------------Beattie--------------

Solid back 4, competetive midfield and pace and trickery up front.  Should be a good game.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]MarshallOtsemobor   Omozusi   Kennedy   Drury.   Croft   Clingan   Pattison   Lappin                   .               Hoolahan        .                Lita[/quote]What did Bell do wrong?[/quote]For me, he gave up too easily against Swansea. Although undeniably talented, I would question his commitment to the cause. Also, I would much prefer to play a natural left footer on the left of midfield.The quality of Lappin''s dead balls is as good as Bell''s and so I would rather give him a go on the left. And Croft offers more, for my liking, on the right.[/quote]I see your point.   Don''t you think we lack severe pace down the left with Drury and Lappin though.I didn''t see Bell giving up against Swansea, I saw a player who had been found out by the full back and should have been switched to the right flank early in the 2nd half but wasn''t......even though Pattison and Hoolahan were on the pitch he didnt get moved across.

[/quote]Duffman, I think you, I and 24,000 other people saw that in the stadium - everyone apart from the one that could change things.

marshall

semmy    kennedy  drury  bertrand

croft      hoolahan    clingan    bell

cureton  lita

back to 4-4-2 at home, stick cureton up front with lita his luck will change soon and if lita works as hard as he did against shottingham forest then jamie will get plenty of chances

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Marshall
Otsemobor   Omozusi   Kennedy   Drury

.   Croft   Clingan   Pattison   Lappin

.               Hoolahan 
      .                Lita
[/quote]

What did Bell do wrong?
[/quote]

For me, he gave up too easily against Swansea. Although undeniably talented, I would question his commitment to the cause. Also, I would much prefer to play a natural left footer on the left of midfield.

The quality of Lappin''s dead balls is as good as Bell''s and so I would rather give him a go on the left. And Croft offers more, for my liking, on the right.
[/quote]

I see your point.   Don''t you think we lack severe pace down the left with Drury and Lappin though.

I didn''t see Bell giving up against Swansea, I saw a player who had been found out by the full back and should have been switched to the right flank early in the 2nd half but wasn''t......even though Pattison and Hoolahan were on the pitch he didnt get moved across.

[/quote] Agree that Bell should have gone right wing but not convinced about the pace argument when dicussing the absence of Bell.

Bell is extremely slow.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Marshall
Otsemobor   Omozusi   Kennedy   Drury

.   Croft   Clingan   Pattison   Lappin

.               Hoolahan 
      .                Lita
[/quote]

What did Bell do wrong?
[/quote]

For me, he gave up too easily against Swansea. Although undeniably talented, I would question his commitment to the cause. Also, I would much prefer to play a natural left footer on the left of midfield.

The quality of Lappin''s dead balls is as good as Bell''s and so I would rather give him a go on the left. And Croft offers more, for my liking, on the right.
[/quote]

I see your point.   Don''t you think we lack severe pace down the left with Drury and Lappin though.

I didn''t see Bell giving up against Swansea, I saw a player who had been found out by the full back and should have been switched to the right flank early in the 2nd half but wasn''t......even though Pattison and Hoolahan were on the pitch he didnt get moved across.

[/quote] Agree that Bell should have gone right wing but not convinced about the pace argument when dicussing the absence of Bell.

Bell is extremely slow.

[/quote]

well i suppose your right when you compare him to lighting simon " blink and you miss me" lappin

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

back to 4-4-2 at home, stick cureton up front with lita his luck will change soon and if lita works as hard as he did against shottingham forest then jamie will get plenty of chances

[/quote]

But the thing is when Jamie came on against Swansea he didn''t read any of Lita''s flick-ons. He''d sat there watching from the bench and seemingly hadn''t noticed how many times Lita was getting up and winning the header.

Marshall

Otsemabor Kennedy Drury Bertrand

Croft Clingan Pattison Bell

Hoolahan

Lita

Subs: Sibierski, Russell, Nelson, Lupoli, Adeyemi

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]

I would say the formation we started with last game, just Semmy in for Doc (omozusi CB, Semmy RB) Drury in for Bertrand

[/quote]

You may be right but i really, really hope not as Omazusi is a liability at right back and comfortably the worst of the loan players that gets a regular game. He was at fault again for their goal on Saturday when he got done for pace and then tunred really easily.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Ginger Pele"]

I would say the formation we started with last game, just Semmy in for Doc (omozusi CB, Semmy RB) Drury in for Bertrand

[/quote]

You may be right but i really, really hope not as Omazusi is a liability at right back and comfortably the worst of the loan players that gets a regular game. He was at fault again for their goal on Saturday when he got done for pace and then tunred really easily.

[/quote] I wouldn''t say it was omozusi''s fault. Marshall was unlucky to have slipped, otherwise he would have saved it.