Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Thee more class acts needed before we can challenge.

In my view we have 3 class acts who are neither green youngsters nor veterans - Marshall, Lita and Bell.

I would suggest that we would need to get 3 more class acts in before we could make a serious challenge for honours.

Where on earth the money is going to come from to keep Lita until season end as well as secure the other 3 needed is an issue, I would suggest is beyond our current owners and board.

So what do we do - dig in for survival until the summer and hope to secure a couple more on frees maybe?

It''s not nice being beggars is it?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

In my view we have 3 class acts who are neither green youngsters nor veterans - Marshall, Lita and Bell.

I would suggest that we would need to get 3 more class acts in before we could make a serious challenge for honours.

Where on earth the money is going to come from to keep Lita until season end as well as secure the other 3 needed is an issue, I would suggest is beyond our current owners and board.

So what do we do - dig in for survival until the summer and hope to secure a couple more on frees maybe?

OTBC

[/quote]

In my opinion, Clingan is as good or better than any of those three. I would also like to see Hoolahan get a run in the hole behind the striker before judging him as definitively as you have.  

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]Lita will not be here to the end of the season, it''s quite clear that he will be sold in January.[/quote]

It would have helped his cause no end if he''d have score against Forest on TV, but it''s been lean for him since Wolves so who knows...Reading may lose some of their current strikers if they dont get back to the Premiership this season and may want to hold onto him. The question then for us is who will cover his wages if he stays

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

I broadly agree, but have my doubts about Marshall. He''s a great shot stopper, but highly questionable on crosses and very indecisive. Clingan, in my view, has been the best signing we''ve made this season, but I accept that we need at least three quality additions (one of whom would need to be a prolific big striker) to really threaten the top of the table.

[/quote]

1. Hoolahan has the potential to be a class act. - Not sure Roeder is the right man to develop that.2. Marshall is not a class act YET3. Lita will be got in a matter of weeks.

Assuming we could keep the 3 we have, I would suggest that the 3 additional ''class acts'' we need to mount a challenge are a central defender, a creative midfielder and a strong striker.

And they should not be youngsters or veterans - but ready for use and consistently available!

There are enough ''good enough'' squad players and youngsters around to fill out the rest of the team.

And the more pace and size the better these days.

Just my thoughts on what I saw on Saturday.

Forgive me my day dreams, but then what a pass we have come to. We''re not really used to being poor cousins are we?

OTBC

i don''t think the squad is too far away from really challenging, as you say just lacks possibly 3 players. Last year the squad was just plain rubbish bar 3/4 players whereas this year i think its underachieving a bit. Glen has shown how shrewd he''s been in the market with not only loan signings, the signings of Bell and Clingan look bargains and i still think we''re yet to see the best of Hoolahan. I think with the squad he inherited we couldn''t ask for a better squad at this stage even if it does have a few loans, it''s a rebuilding process on a limited budget and will take a few transfer windows before we have a real top squad. So as i said with the lack of money spent and just 2 windows i think Roeder has done very well and on paper it looks a decent side, just for some results now to back that up

In a perfect world mr cullum would come in and the rodent would be shown the door in would come billy davies, followed by leroy lita on a permanent deal, Rowan Vine, bertrand on a perm and martin taylor and hux would be brought back oh my god id be in heaven out would go the doc and luke injury prone chadwick and in would come another strong striker and defender the loans would go back and be replaced with permanent signings and there would once again be a great atmophere as we sung top of the league having a laugh lol what a wonderfull world i live in !!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Scotty121"]In a perfect world mr cullum would come in and the rodent would be shown the door in would come billy davies, followed by leroy lita on a permanent deal, Rowan Vine, bertrand on a perm and martin taylor and hux would be brought back oh my god id be in heaven out would go the doc and luke injury prone chadwick and in would come another strong striker and defender the loans would go back and be replaced with permanent signings and there would once again be a great atmophere as we sung top of the league having a laugh lol what a wonderfull world i live in !!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Billy Davies? [*-)]

[quote user="Scotty121"]In a perfect world mr cullum would come in and the rodent would be shown the door in would come billy davies, followed by leroy lita on a permanent deal, Rowan Vine, bertrand on a perm and martin taylor and hux would be brought back oh my god id be in heaven out would go the doc and luke injury prone chadwick and in would come another strong striker and defender the loans would go back and be replaced with permanent signings and there would once again be a great atmophere as we sung top of the league having a laugh lol what a wonderfull world i live in !!!!!!!!!![/quote]That''s a scary idea of a ''perfect world'' [:|]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Scotty121"]In a perfect world mr cullum would come in and the rodent would be shown the door in would come billy davies, followed by leroy lita on a permanent deal, Rowan Vine, bertrand on a perm and martin taylor and hux would be brought back oh my god id be in heaven out would go the doc and luke injury prone chadwick and in would come another strong striker and defender the loans would go back and be replaced with permanent signings and there would once again be a great atmophere as we sung top of the league having a laugh lol what a wonderfull world i live in !!!!!!!!!![/quote]

That''s a scary idea of a ''perfect world'' [:|]
[/quote]

Not only scary but breathless as well.

<throws Scotty121 a bag of "full stops" and an instruction manual>

[quote user="Scotty121"]

Sorry i got carried away.

Am i the only person who would like Billy Davies here?

I think he done a fantastic job at Preston and Derby

[/quote]

Maybe we''ve had our fill of Scots for the timebeing?

[:)]

OTBC