Sign in to follow this  
YGB

starting to p** me off

why does every1 love palace so much they have done sweet f.a in the transfer market this year and the papers accuse us of not spending i reckon we have spent about 3m overall. anyway when its come to saturday we wil show the prem what we are all about. my prediction for saturday is 3-1 ur thoughts?

I guess its the romance of the play-offs, the fact they they are a London club, and because they were in the Prem a few seasons back lots of journos have heard of them....

It all helps to reduce the pressure on us just a little bit.

Get on the prediction league then. Personally I think it will be harder than people seem to think. Palace will be well organized and I have always been very impressed with their forward line.

2 - 0 at FCR! Francis then Huckerby! (get down ladbrokes!!)

It shows you how ignorant many sports journalists are if they feel we''re spending badly in the transfer market. I feel worthy has really shown his genius by bringing in the likes of Bently, Helveg and Jonsson against stiff prem competition and for next to nothing.

I think the Palace bubble will burst pretty quickly. Unless they are the suprise package next year and Dowie does a dream job I think they will struggle from the off. By October I reckon the pundits will have reviewed their end of season positions!!

Keep the faith

I think Chrystal Palace will be found out off the field as well as on it.

Last year they had a great run - all about passion and organisation - and some fantastic lucky breaks in the final few games. All on the field stuff.

But do they have the depth of coaching/scouting/administrative capability required at this level.

Yes they''ve made some buys - but their new foreign contingent does have the feel of panic buys. Fitz Hall is obviously experienced.

But we''ve got to watch out for that passion tomorrow - lets make sure we have more.

Palace got up through a great run - the winning games = confidence/team spirit thing applies to them far more than us. We''ve been a tight unit for three seasons now (check out the stuff in Iwan''s book about how Worthy cleared out the deadweight).

From what I''ve heard Palace may have some money from their chairman but the set up is nowhere near as well run as ours, in fact few teams are by all accounts.

I''m actually surpised that so much as been made of the Dowie effect. They lost their keeper back to Brum who was also a vital part of last season''s run. Who knows how the new keeper will cope. They''re far more of an unknown quantity that we are.