Sign in to follow this  
Snake Pit Rebel

Am I The Only 1 Who Thinks This?

Just wondered at home games why we don''t attack the Barclay end in the second half?

Liverpool attack there favourite end in the second half-The Kop so why don''t we?

I really think that if we employed this tactic we could generate an even better atmosphere!!

What do you all think?

Hmm - I suspect its beacuse footie players are a superstitious lot - we won 8 on the bounce attacking the barclay first so why change it? Perhaps they will now we lost to Watford...

Besides I assume that over 9 games we have lost the toss on a couple of occassions and so we have not had the choice.

I can remember seasons where we always attacked the River End first so I guess there is not a lot of logic to it...

OTBC

I get what your saying Snake Pit Rebel but the trouble is that we Usually attack the Barclay in the 1st Half and the N+P in the 2nd half if Norwich won the toss. One advantage with that is and paticularly in the winter on a nice chilly but sunny day with the sun setting by the time of the 2nd half (although no good on a miserable day or at night) is that the Sun shines on the Barclay which is good for the sight of the visiting teams goalkeeper in our perspective. As was also said in the 8 matches we won we won 6 with the method mentioned here and 2 where by it was N+P 1st half, Barclay 2nd half. I think it was Rotherham and Palace. I say that you could have a good point but first we would have to adapt to play that way way to get used to it because when we do have do that at matches then it can become confusing and you have to remember that we changed round.