Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

My Thoughts

Ok, last time I posted a whacking great big long list of thoughts on pretty much everything. Not going to do that this time, I''ll make it a bit more discussionable (which I don''t even think is a proper word, but c''est la vie).

Firsty Roeder. Good at some things, quite exceptionally awful at others. Team selection, substitutions, tactics and maintaining confidence levels seems to be his weaknesses. Shamefully, I believe this squad now need those things from a manager in order to progress. Unfortunately, for that reason I think Roeder is fast coming to the end of his usefulness here.

Secondly, Sibierski, Bertrand, Omozusi, Lupoli and the two non-existant chappies might all just as well go back to their clubs as far as I''m concerned. I appreciate people like Lupoli, but I don''t think he offers enough to succeed at this level. Bertrand has been a massive disappointment and Adam Drury for the second half showed the sort of performance we''ve been missing from our full backs.

Cureton, Doherty and Fotheringham aren''t good enough. Shame, as at times Fozzy in particular can be quite inspirational and Cureton bleeds yellow and green, but both do not justify the probably lucrative salary that they have. The Doc I think should have been let go last year, but then we probably didn''t have the cash to replace him.

Marshall, Pattison and Otsemobor need to improve aspects of their game to be good enough. Marshall and Otsemobor are often caught out of position and Pattison is too inconsistent, even in games.

What this club needs are players who will fight for it; not players who are potentially talented who don''t give a fig. That''s very much the feeling I get at the moment. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Ok, last time I posted a whacking great big long list of thoughts on pretty much everything. Not going to do that this time, I''ll make it a bit more discussionable (which I don''t even think is a proper word, but c''est la vie).

Firsty Roeder. Good at some things, quite exceptionally awful at others. Team selection, substitutions, tactics and maintaining confidence levels seems to be his weaknesses. Shamefully, I believe this squad now need those things from a manager in order to progress. Unfortunately, for that reason I think Roeder is fast coming to the end of his usefulness here.

Secondly, Sibierski, Bertrand, Omozusi, Lupoli and the two non-existant chappies might all just as well go back to their clubs as far as I''m concerned. I appreciate people like Lupoli, but I don''t think he offers enough to succeed at this level. Bertrand has been a massive disappointment and Adam Drury for the second half showed the sort of performance we''ve been missing from our full backs.

Cureton, Doherty and Fotheringham aren''t good enough. Shame, as at times Fozzy in particular can be quite inspirational and Cureton bleeds yellow and green, but both do not justify the probably lucrative salary that they have. The Doc I think should have been let go last year, but then we probably didn''t have the cash to replace him.

Marshall, Pattison and Otsemobor need to improve aspects of their game to be good enough. Marshall and Otsemobor are often caught out of position and Pattison is too inconsistent, even in games.

What this club needs are players who will fight for it; not players who are potentially talented who don''t give a fig. That''s very much the feeling I get at the moment. 

[/quote]

Good post MM. I agree that, with the exception of Kenedy and Lita, the loans have been pretty poor,and exceptionally so in the case of Sibierski and Omosuzi. I would certainly blame Roeder for the latter, but, in fairness, Sibierski seemed like a good acquisition at first.

I totally agree about selection. I was gobsmacked to hear that he was starting Sibierski and not Hoolahan last night. I couldn''t get there but listened on Radio Norfolk and it was clear that Hoolahan changed the game when he came on. What also came across was that Palace''s system was causing us problems from the start, yet we didn''t change until half time, when the game was effectively lost.The ability to think on your feet is a key element of being a football manager.

As for battling it was in evidence at Forest and seemed to be in the second half last night, but it has to be there all the time, as you rightly say.