Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Player performances tonight

Cant be bothered to go through them all but only players to come out of tonight are bell (first 30), clingan (at cb), drury (2nd half) and hoolahan. The rest were sh*t except for kennedy who was utter sh*t and sibierski who was even worse than that. Roeder cost us big time with a terrible selection and formation. Palace started with the formation we should have and consequently were able to boss the midfield whilst we just hoofed it to the worst player i have seen for a long time. Get doc, drury and russel back in. Give hooly and loops a chance and for gods sake find another cb from somewhere!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Cant be bothered to go through them all but only players to come out of tonight are bell (first 30), clingan (at cb), drury (2nd half) and hoolahan. The rest were sh*t except for kennedy who was utter sh*t and sibierski who was even worse than that. Roeder cost us big time with a terrible selection and formation. Palace started with the formation we should have and consequently were able to boss the midfield whilst we just hoofed it to the worst player i have seen for a long time. Get doc, drury and russel back in. Give hooly and loops a chance and for gods sake find another cb from somewhere![/quote]

why can''t Bell stay onside?. when he''s on the wing and has the full breadth of the pitch in his view there is no excuse for being offside so frequently.

I think Croft has a decent game too.

I think you''re being genreous to Kennedy. He''s so slow and seemed unable to clear the ball to a yellow shirt.

Agree with you.  Between them Bell and Lita were caught offside about 8 times causing many of our attacks to stop short. Our players must try to look along the line. As luck would have it their first goal which might have been offside was allowed!

The worst of the lot was Bertrand - totally useless. There''s something wrong with that lad these days. Drury was disastrous at centre back, but OK at left back. Otsemobor was useless at right back, but better going forward. No discipline in the first half - an utter shambles. Hoolihan, Bell, Clingan and Croft deserved better - they all made mistakes last night, but they played for the team, with determination and discipline.

[quote user="Old Boy"]The worst of the lot was Bertrand - totally useless. There''s something wrong with that lad these days. Drury was disastrous at centre back, but OK at left back. Otsemobor was useless at right back, but better going forward. No discipline in the first half - an utter shambles. Hoolihan, Bell, Clingan and Croft deserved better - they all made mistakes last night, but they played for the team, with determination and discipline.
[/quote]

Agree regarding Bertrand, I felt Drury did a steady job at CB but a far, far better job at left back and thought Kennedy was alright as well.

Normal service resumed after all the excitement of beating the bottom team. one swallow does not a summer make. there are serious problems with the man management at Carrow Road.

Rodent out - the Board cannot afford not to. Relegation will cost more.

The first half was a complete shambles. Bertrand has gone from a keen young player last season to a completely disinterested child who can’t wait for December 31st. Sibierski was a complete embarrassment; all he could do was fall over, and I’m amazed the ref fell for that trick as many times as he did. Either he wasn’t fit or wasn’t bothered. Or both.

And I would like to be fly on the wall in a conversation between Carl Moore and Leroy Lita as Carl hands over his latest bundle of cash to NCFC to pay for Leroy’s latest effort for the club. Was it worth it?

Drury looked ok at left back, but he’s no centre back, and what was all the hype about Kennedy? Positioning and distribution were shocking.

And what does Hoolahan have to do get a start? When he came on he looked comfortably the best attacking player, but why did it take 45 minutes for the management team to work out that he need to come on.

Bell seems to be taking on the Huckerby mantle of the offside king, although Lita made a good effort to keep up with Bell.

Well played Sammy again, but that moment just before half time in front of the Jarrold Stand where he had the ball, held it for 10 seconds looking for a pass or a move from a city player, before passing it off the pitch as nobody wanted it summed the first half for me.

Some catastrophic selections and performances, and a dreadful result against a very average Palace team.

We need 52 points to stay up. On the basis we’ll get twice as many home points as away points, that’s 35 home (10 wins + 5 draws) and 17 away (4 wins + 5 draws). Can anyone see where they are coming from?

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

The first half was a complete shambles. Bertrand has gone from a keen young player last season to a completely disinterested child who can’t wait for December 31st. Sibierski was a complete embarrassment; all he could do was fall over, and I’m amazed the ref fell for that trick as many times as he did. Either he wasn’t fit or wasn’t bothered. Or both.

And I would like to be fly on the wall in a conversation between Carl Moore and Leroy Lita as Carl hands over his latest bundle of cash to NCFC to pay for Leroy’s latest effort for the club. Was it worth it?

Drury looked ok at left back, but he’s no centre back, and what was all the hype about Kennedy? Positioning and distribution were shocking.

And what does Hoolahan have to do get a start? When he came on he looked comfortably the best attacking player, but why did it take 45 minutes for the management team to work out that he need to come on.

Bell seems to be taking on the Huckerby mantle of the offside king, although Lita made a good effort to keep up with Bell.

Well played Sammy again, but that moment just before half time in front of the Jarrold Stand where he had the ball, held it for 10 seconds looking for a pass or a move from a city player, before passing it off the pitch as nobody wanted it summed the first half for me.

Some catastrophic selections and performances, and a dreadful result against a very average Palace team.

We need 52 points to stay up. On the basis we’ll get twice as many home points as away points, that’s 35 home (10 wins + 5 draws) and 17 away (4 wins + 5 draws). Can anyone see where they are coming from?

[/quote]

Agree Tim - my heart sank when I got in there and saw the team. I really thought he would go with Hoolahan but had my doubts when I heard him speaking about Lupoli (where he basically said if Sibs was fit he would play.)

Having Sibierski in the team just makes the others hoof it up to him but he doesn''t even win headers from those just falls over all the time.

Thought Kennedy was absolutely abysmal and its not the first time in recent weeks i''ve thought that. Whatever the answer is at CB its not him!

Also so Drury was very good when switched to left back and although i''ve not been his greatest fan in recent years perhaps it stime to bring him back in as a starter for some experience and solidity down that side.

All in all very depressing and on that evidence I am not confident at all about us staying up. At least 2 , maybe 3 of the teams below us are getting new managers and i would not be surprised at all to see Watford, Charlton and (maybe) Forest all have a good run before long.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Agree Tim - my heart sank when I got in there and saw the team. I really thought he would go with Hoolahan but had my doubts when I heard him speaking about Lupoli (where he basically said if Sibs was fit he would play.)

Having Sibierski in the team just makes the others hoof it up to him but he doesn''t even win headers from those just falls over all the time.

Thought Kennedy was absolutely abysmal and its not the first time in recent weeks i''ve thought that. Whatever the answer is at CB its not him!

Also so Drury was very good when switched to left back and although i''ve not been his greatest fan in recent years perhaps it stime to bring him back in as a starter for some experience and solidity down that side.

All in all very depressing and on that evidence I am not confident at all about us staying up. At least 2 , maybe 3 of the teams below us are getting new managers and i would not be surprised at all to see Watford, Charlton and (maybe) Forest all have a good run before long.

[/quote]

Agree with what your all saying but is Kennedy lack of form anything to do with lack of competition at centre back? he knows he''s going to start because there is no one else. I though this was something Roeder was desperate to avoid, he started well with stefanovic at the begining of the season, but then we had Shackell and the threat of Doherty who would be returning from injury. Yesterday we had one fit and available centre back at the club, i dont know any other club in the country that would have that in such a crucial position. Where''s the young centre back in waiting, oh thats right we''ve sent him to luton and cant recall him.

To be fair to Drury he''s had a tough few years but he has always been solid and he did have Hucks infront of him who depsite being a true great for the club was  in general pretty awful defensively often leaving Drury with two men on him. Most left backs would have struggled, particularly in the prem.